• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Inter Ratings

Sig played well gotta say and has impressed me since the spammers game. He does lack pace therefore not suited to the left as never felt he would get passed anyone once he got the ball.

Dembele was outstanding. He fudged up defensively today but the guy is just too fudging good. He was the only one today where when he got the ball I was confident that he wouldnt lose it. The guy can certainly keep the ball and his ball retention is superb.

AVB fudged up with the personnel and the tactics as with that personnel we shouldnt have played 442.

I dont want to focus on the negatives as we all know what the are but Livermore was astonishingly bad and Gallas looked out of his depth a bit. Our defensive high line was breached far far too easily and Vert couldnt cover for the other three in that back four.

bit harsh on Livermore but spot on with everything else.

I only saw the first 90 but I'd agree. Not absolutely everything came off for him but he did well, happy to see him get a run in the team.

The other two I think who played well would be Verts, who still looked very composed to me, and Dembele had good patches, but he should most certainly never play on the right again, he's a rolls royce, which is sound in CM but it doesn't quite work for out wide, especially as Walker needs all the help he can get at the moment.

Not really sure what was going through AVB's mind with the team selection, we were almost full strength (minus Bale) so we should have been able to put a better performance in then that but changing the shape was a terrible idea, hopefully we'll learn and move on.

Absence of Bale AND Lennon made a HUGE difference - for much of the game we carried so little threat.

it was a poor showing, but I see this mostly as an experimental or makeshift team that took advantage of the 3-goal cushion we had, and giving a few youngsters a start. context would be important when judging players.

I love this post.

Mostly because of the ridiculous nature of it. Wait until two games after a twelve game unbeaten streak that sees us third in the table and then bash the squad/manager/chairman. We're obviously not good enough. The last two games have shown us what the twelve before them for some reason couldn't.

Or perhaps we should rate the team over the season instead of just after the worst game we've played.

Indeed, I'd rather judge everything at the end of the season. Obviously last night did not glitter, and mistakes were made, but mistakes will be made during a manager's first season and with all the changes. Overall we are doing better than at this stage last season (narrowly) although if you gave the FA Cup parity with the Europa League it'd be virtually the same. I'd argue that no Sandro or Kaboul right now is hurting us too with regards to depth...

I honestly didn't realise Defoe was even playing.

I missed the teams at the start and presumed we were playing Ade up front by himself. At no point in the bits of the game I saw did I hear his name or even realise he was on the pitch.

It is only now when I look at the ratings that I've seen he was in the XI.

Wow!!

definition of anonymous I guess!

Gallas was brick.

I love this post.

Mostly because of the ridiculous nature of it. Wait until two games after a twelve game unbeaten streak that sees us third in the table and then bash the squad/manager/chairman. We're obviously not good enough. The last two games have shown us what the twelve before them for some reason couldn't.

Or perhaps we should rate the team over the season instead of just after the worst game we've played.

Actually, they have been saying the exact same thing all season.

You might think the opinion is crap but it certainly isn't kneejerk, its been pretty consistent all season, regardless of result.

Actually, they have been saying the exact same thing all season.

You might think the opinion is crap but it certainly isn't kneejerk, its been pretty consistent all season, regardless of result.

Did i say it was knee jerk? Just that it was not really being mentioned during our 12 game unbeaten streak.

Apart from the striker issue, which is quite tiresome really because those shouting at the top of their lungs that we need to buy a new striker seem to have forgotten that we can't until the summer. So there's little point in doing it until then.

What i said was that we are third. If he's doing so many things wrong how the fudge are we still in the top four?

Friedel - 6 - Not suited to playing behind a high line, perhaps could've done better with their 4th goal.
Walker - 5 - Gave away daft FK for their 3rd.
Gallas - 5 - Shaky, unlucky with OG.
Vartonghen - 6.5 - Mostly good and unlucky not to score but got caught out for Inter' 4th.
Naughton - 5 - Dunno why he started ahead of BAE on left.
Dembele - 6.5 - Some good surging runs but (as against 'pool) failed to track back for Inter' first goal and gave away ball leading to their 2nd.
Parker - 6 - Full of running as always.
Livermore - 5 - Once again anonymous in a big game, probably needs to go out on loan next season to get more experience.
Sigurdsson - 6.5 - Reminded me of Kranjcar but with a good workrate.
Defoe - 4 - Atrocious.
Adebayor - 6.5 - Some good link up play and scored the winning goal.

Holtby - 5 - Appears to be getting worse the more he plays for us.
Lennon - 6 - Decent shift.

Did i say it was knee jerk? Just that it was not really being mentioned during our 12 game unbeaten streak.

Apart from the striker issue, which is quite tiresome really because those shouting at the top of their lungs that we need to buy a new striker seem to have forgotten that we can't until the summer. So there's little point in doing it until then.

What i said was that we are third. If he's doing so many things wrong how the fudge are we still in the top four?

Saying that someone is waiting for defeats to air their grievances/criticisms is generally considered as knee-jerk.

And as I said, I don't know about others but skyfarer was mentioning it during the 12 game run. In fact, they've been mentioning it over the whole season.

I think the reason people are shouting at the top of their lungs about the striker issue is that we've had 5 years to replace Berbatov and are still nowhere near and that we went into this season and then continued in January with just 2 strikers in the squad, both of them having absolute stinkers. Fans are rightly tinkled off at our continued inability to solve this.

Freidel - 6.5 - Made good saves. Can't really fault him for the goals.

Walker - 5 - Gave away another silly free kick.
Vertonghen - 6 - Pretty solid performance from the belgian. those around him were not quite as impressive.
Gallas - 4.5 - Not a good defensive display from him. A little unlucky for the own goal, but made other mistake that led to clear chances for Inter.
Naughton - 4 - I really don't rate him on the left. It just doesn't work.

Dembele - 6 - Played well, best when in the center though.
Livermore - 5.5 - Was alright defensively. Not great going forwards though.
Parker - 5.5 - same as above.
Siggurdsson - 6.5 - Our motm in my view. Tracks back and does well going forwards. Struggled though due to our lack of width on the other side.

Defoe - 4.5 - Poor.
Adebayor - 6 - Scored the winning goal. Got involved in our build up.

Saying that someone is waiting for defeats to air their grievances/criticisms is generally considered as knee-jerk.

And as I said, I don't know about others but skyfarer was mentioning it during the 12 game run. In fact, they've been mentioning it over the whole season.

I think the reason people are shouting at the top of their lungs about the striker issue is that we've had 5 years to replace Berbatov and are still nowhere near and that we went into this season and then continued in January with just 2 strikers in the squad, both of them having absolute stinkers. Fans are rightly tinkled off at our continued inability to solve this.

And we can solve this in our match against Inter Milan how?

Has no place in the match ratings thread.

I hadn't seem him doing so, and if he has my opinion of him is even lower then it was.

Freidel - 6
Walker - 5
Vertonghen - 7
Gallas - 5
Naughton - 4 no way is he a left back.
Dembele - 6 my only gripe is that he gets caught in possesion far too often but he made the goal.
Livermore - 4 just not good enough, perhaps time out on loan somewhere would improve him.
Parker - 6 lacks class going forward but we would be in the brick without him.
Siggurdsson - 6 I thought Siggy done ok.
Defoe - 3 tinkle poor
Adebayor - 6 - looked better when Defoe went off seemed to get more involved.

I hadn't seem him doing so, and if he has my opinion of him is even lower then it was.

iirc Skyfarer is a ladyyyyyyyy

Dembele was our only player that stood out

Friedel made some decent saves and I thought Lennon worked hard and made some vital blocks tracking back everyone else was absolute dogbrick

Freidel - 6
Walker - 5
Vertonghen - 7
Gallas - 5
Naughton - 4 no way is he a left back.
Dembele - 6 my only gripe is that he gets caught in possesion far too often but he made the goal.
Livermore - 4 just not good enough, perhaps time out on loan somewhere would improve him.
Parker - 6 lacks class going forward but we would be in the brick without him.
Siggurdsson - 6 I thought Siggy done ok.
Defoe - 3 tinkle poor
Adebayor - 6 - looked better when Defoe went off seemed to get more involved.

I have to agree with this. There is no substitute for minutes on the pitch. When Jake had a run of games at the end of last season he looked pretty good but this season he's not really got going. A season or even half a season at a prem club would help his development immeasurably.

Livermore is there basicaly to run, tackle and pass simple. He did that yesterday and that's generally what he always does.

What's wrong with sharing opinions on how we feel we can be better? Skyfarer has most certainly not been inconsistent with her views. Even at the height of our good run.

We can't solve anything sitting typing away behind our keyboards, either on the pitch or in the boardroom. Yet here we all are still, writing away to no end.

Really? So in your view, when exactly is it appropriate for a fan to air their views on how the team could improve? We've ascertained that is is unacceptable to do it in a good run. We can't do it when we've lost 2 in a row. Do fans wait until we've lost 5 in a row before they're allowed to air any criticism of the team before you won't have a low opinion of them?

No team is perfect and there will always be improvements to be made, faults in the team which can be changed. And while I think there is a hint of exaggeration in that post, I do agree that in terms of footballing intelligence (however you want to define that), our team is actually quite dumb. A lot of excellent players in there but in terms of the pass and move or incisive passing, a lot of our otherwise excellent players don't possess that.

Back