• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

The problem is, if you work with someone long enough you build up a relationship and it gets harder to let them go. But if you want to win at all costs, you need the gonad*s to make hard decisions, in fact it also stops the other players from getting comfy. See also Henderson ffs.
Especially in international football, your options are so much more vast than a club squad. You still need to keep things fresh and evolve but all he wants to do is create a lads club of cloggers and tryers.

England kits have always been pretty brick.

I've got a Euro 96 one and the Italia 90 one brings back good memories.

Stylistically though the 2003-07 Umbro ones have been the high point. The Nike ones have all been absolute bin fires.

The biggest problem (imo) is that once again we ( fans/press) tend to overate English players, we have good players for sure but so many are overated (imo).
We have a huge amount of talent in our squad

As a question do we think the team Over the last few years would have performed better under say a Pep or a Klopp ??

I honestly think if either of those were manager we would have won a World Cup and Euro’s

As a question do we think the team Over the last few years would have performed better under say a Pep or a Klopp ??

I honestly think if either of those were manager we would have won a World Cup and Euro’s

We do have talent but we( by that i mean the press,pundits etc) build them up to be world beaters when it all honesty most of them are not. Having watched England win the world cup and seen us in most of the big games since its something we ( press/fans/pundits) get carried away with. As for your question ( Pep,Klopp) have real world class players at this time where we have good ones but as i say with all the hype that they get from outside is over the top. All imo of course.

Name a better manager in the PL than Southgate.

Yes, that's right! ALL OF THEM!

It's not the English press and fans that overestimate the players. It's pretty unanimous around the football world, that England have an incredible squad, and should have won the euros and at least reach the final in the World Cup.

Southgate has somehow managed to fudge up both!

Name a better manager in the PL than Southgate.

Yes, that's right! ALL OF THEM!

It's not the English press and fans that overestimate the players. It's pretty unanimous around the football world, that England have an incredible squad, and should have won the euros and at least reach the final in the World Cup.

Southgate has somehow managed to fudge up both!
He is there purely because he is a yes man
Imagine if he ends up as United manager it would be a car crash he is hopeless

How does he honestly think that was good last night

Gareth Southgate said he was "pleased" with England's performance in their 1-0 defeat to Brazil - but there were issues raised across the pitch.

England were without 12 squad regulars for the friendly and were beaten by a late finish from Endrick, leaving Southgate to pick out aspects of the game which encouraged him in his post-match press conference.

"Clearly I don't like losing football matches but I thought there were a lot of very good individual performances from players who have hardly played for England. More regular players were very good," he said

"We had as many attempts on goal as they have and the difference was one moment."

Gareth Southgate said he was "pleased" with England's performance in their 1-0 defeat to Brazil - but there were issues raised across the pitch.

England were without 12 squad regulars for the friendly and were beaten by a late finish from Endrick, leaving Southgate to pick out aspects of the game which encouraged him in his post-match press conference.

"Clearly I don't like losing football matches but I thought there were a lot of very good individual performances from players who have hardly played for England. More regular players were very good," he said

"We had as many attempts on goal as they have and the difference was one moment."

Difference was we never had the guy who only scores tap ins and penalties.

The ramblings of a delusional fool

Put it another way, pep has all the money in the world, how many England players does he buy.
Same with klopp.
Neither are exactly falling over themselves to buy English players.

Put it another way, pep has all the money in the world, how many England players does he buy.
Same with klopp.
That’s as much to do with price though isn’t it and the premium for home grown status in the league City and Pool play in.

Pep bought Stones, Walker, Phillips, Grealish and tried for Kane tbf.

Same with klopp.

Pep did buy Walker, North, Phillips, Grealish, Sterling, Rodwell and Delph, home grown Foden and Lewis are in his team plus if he could have he would have got Bellingham and Kane. There are virtually no world class English forwards, our youth system still produce hard working or big blokes to chase hopeful punts.

Back