• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Roy Hodgson has suggested that 18-year-old Marcus Rashford could force his way into England’s squad for Euro 2016.

The England manager confirmed Wayne Rooney will captain the squad if fit.

Although Hodgson offered hope that Manchester United’s Luke Shaw might be able to make his squad it is still thought highly unlikely the 20-year-old will recover in time from a horrific double leg-break suffered last September.

Hodgson is loathe to write off Shaw’s chances, as are United who have named him in their Europa League squad, but there is an expectation that the left-back will not play again until next season.

Hodgson is also hoping to have Jack Wheelchair available – although not for the next two matches – and there is concern that once again the Arsenal midfielder is making slow progress as he recovers from a fractured fibula while Oxlade-Chamberlain has been ruled out for up to eight weeks with a knee injury.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...d-can-force-his-way-into-Euro-2016-plans.html

Roy Hodgson has suggested that 18-year-old Marcus Rashford could force his way into England’s squad for Euro 2016.

The England manager confirmed Wayne Rooney will captain the squad if fit.

Although Hodgson offered hope that Manchester United’s Luke Shaw might be able to make his squad it is still thought highly unlikely the 20-year-old will recover in time from a horrific double leg-break suffered last September.

Hodgson is loathe to write off Shaw’s chances, as are United who have named him in their Europa League squad, but there is an expectation that the left-back will not play again until next season.

Hodgson is also hoping to have Jack Wheelchair available – although not for the next two matches – and there is concern that once again the Arsenal midfielder is making slow progress as he recovers from a fractured fibula while Oxlade-Chamberlain has been ruled out for up to eight weeks with a knee injury.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...d-can-force-his-way-into-Euro-2016-plans.html
image.jpeg

its walcott all over again

If I were defoe I would just be having a good chuckle to myself right now, that little dudes faces never really fitted.

If I'm reading right, the third place team in each group only has to have more points that two other third place teams from other groups to progress to the knockout round, so we'd have to do extremely badly to not qualify.

My team for the Euros would be

GKS Forster, Butland, Hart

RBs Kyle Walker, Clyne (wanted to include trippier and you could argue it'd be good continuity but, Clyne has much more experience) - both good Right backs with a bit of pace
CBs- Smalling, Stones, Scott Dann and Phil Jones
LBs - Rose, (guessing shaw will still be injured) Bertrand

Right sided midfielder/forward - Walcott (spits), Zaha - both can also play on the left
Central midfielders/dms/attacking mids - Alli, Dier (obviously), Milner (good amount of goals and assists, key passes per game is good, hey would be a good player in a three but, not as the main main midfielder) Barkley, Drinkwater.

Left Sided midfielder/Forward - Junior Stanislas, Sterling

Strikers - KANE, Vardy, Troy Deeney (not a bad player in reality, obvious third choice though - replaced by sturridge if not injured)

XI based on form and suitability:

GK Forster

Walker

Stones

Smalling

Rose

Dier

Drinkwater

Right - Walcott

Centre - Ali

Left - Sterling

Kane

Subs
Vardy
Zaha
Barkley
Milner
Dann
Bertrand
Hart

I would've actually wanted to include Mason in the squad as I think his energy could be particularly useful in matches that are often slow paced but, Milner has had a good season with fewer injuries

To be perfectly honest I would love it if we won the league and in the last game all the English players picked up injuries ruling them out for 6-8 weeks and came back rested for pre season training.

Normally going into an international tournament I can narrow the final 23 down to a pool of at most about 26/27 players by now. However this time it feels like there are so many places still up for grabs. I imagine that a few difficult decisions will be decided based upon fitness come June.

Danny Rose is surely at LEAST being considered by Hodgson it's laughable to consider taking Luke Shaw when he hasn't played all season. More weird is that he plays for Southam....oh no that's right Man Utd that's why he's being considered!!

I how to see as few Spurs players as possible in the England squad. And those who do go, I wish get very little playing time.

And I want England out of the tournament as quickly as possible if there are Spurs players involved.

Sorry guys.

Normally going into an international tournament I can narrow the final 23 down to a pool of at most about 26/27 players by now. However this time it feels like there are so many places still up for grabs. I imagine that a few difficult decisions will be decided based upon fitness come June.
Rooney, Cahill, Walcott, Baines, Henderson, Milner, Hart, Whilshere, Shaw, Barkley, Ali, Kane, Vardy, Sturridge, Delph, Clyne, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sterling, Stones, Forster and Butland will all be picked if more than 75% fit.

As not all will be fit, people like lallana, Smalling, Walker/chambers, rose/gibbs and dier will probably go, with a 4th defender, a lower table winger, Rashford will make up the other numbers

Just as expected:

Wayne Rooney has suffered a setback in his recovery from a knee injury and could be sidelined for a further month, according to reports.

The United and England skipper was scheduled to make his return on April 3 – against his former club Everton – but his injured right knee has not responded to treatment as United would have liked, according to the Daily Mirror.

The 30-year-old could now be forced to delay his return until May – the final month of the season – when United will have just three Premier League fixtures remaining.

Just as expected:

Wayne Rooney has suffered a setback in his recovery from a knee injury and could be sidelined for a further month, according to reports.

The United and England skipper was scheduled to make his return on April 3 – against his former club Everton – but his injured right knee has not responded to treatment as United would have liked, according to the Daily Mirror.

The 30-year-old could now be forced to delay his return until May – the final month of the season – when United will have just three Premier League fixtures remaining.
He will go unfit and start all 3 group games and be useless

He will go unfit and start all 3 group games and be useless

Surely it's a well known fact by now that Rooney finds it extremely hard to find form again after a long lay off? brick he seems to lose fitness and form after a 2 match suspension let alone being injured for 3 months.

Your right though Hodgson will take him, play him half fit, then leave him on for 90 minutes because like us he's not sure if he's actually on the pitch to consider subbing him.

Looking at the upcoming international break........i can only see 1 fixture for Belgium when everyone else appears to have 2. Good news if so. Although Coco Lamela has a tough schedule for Argentina.

Nice that Son is staying with us and hopefully the odd injury niggle strikes and a few more rest up at hotspur way

CdvwvQMWEAILBl5.png

Still too many Arse players, but I guess the alternative will be Rooney when the time comes.

Back