• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

especially for an Englishman

I'm English, and like pretty much every other English person I've ever met, I can't speak one language properly, let alone three of four, it's lamentable

Luke Shaw is running out of time to make England’s Euros 2016 squad after being left out of a 40-man squad get-together this week at St George’s Park.

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal named long-term injury absentee Shaw in his Europa League squad last week with the hope that he will play again this season – and setting the left-back, who suffered a horror leg break back in September, the target of playing in the Europa League final.

But England counterpart Roy Hodgson is having to accept that 20-year-old full-back Shaw is struggling to regain match fitness in time for Euro 2016 after reportedly leaving him out of his 40-man squad get-together this week.

But Shaw does not expect to be part of the group after being left off the original list, even though other long-term absentees are going along.

The Daily Mirror claims Arsenal’s Jack Wheelchair will definitely attend – Hodgson is desperate to give him extra time to prove his fitness.

Wheelchair, 24, has not played this season because of a fractured fibula but expects to be back in action next month as he steps up his rehabilitation.

Arsenal forward Danny Welbeck, who has also missed the whole of the season, is also expected to be there. So are the likes of Southampton keeper Fraser Forster, who has kept five clean sheets in as many games since making his own return from a long-term injury.

Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge is expected to attend, with Hodgson ready to give players as much of a chance as possible to make the cut.

Hodgson wants 33 players involved in the Euro 2016 qualifying campaign to be present, and the total number could reach around 40.

It is unlikely any new faces – with Leicester’s Danny Drinkwater being looked at – will be at St George’s Park as the get-together is seen more as a debrief.

But in-form midfielder Drinkwater could yet receive a call-up for the double-header of friendlies with Holland and Germany next month.

The get-together at St George’s Park – with Hodgson’s No2 Gary Neville being excused because of his commitments as boss of Spanish side Valencia, who play on Wednesday night – will be held in the late afternoon after most players have trained with their clubs in the morning.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/shaw-facing-euro-2016-woe-as-england-plan-40-man-get-together

Good GHod, we don't need any of those players anywhere near the squad (not necessarily including Drinkwater subject to 'being looked at'). We've got fit and better alternatives to all of them.

Hodgson saying he will be relying on Walcott & Wellbecks goals in the summer, is he seriously bricking me, they both shouldn't be anywhere near the team

Hodgson saying he will be relying on Walcott & Wellbecks goals in the summer, is he seriously brickting me, they both shouldn't be anywhere near the team
Agreed. He looked really old next to Shearer, like a granddad rather than an uncle. He talked himself into a hole, claiming the forward options were fantastic, the defence options were superb, midfield was a great strength full of options, the goalkeeping options were really strong... so when we bow out in the group stage with a whimper, he won't have a leg to stand on.

I guess one chain of thought is that they will be fresh if they have not played all season and wont have fatigue.

I would rather Redmond then walcott personally and Wheelchair should not be anywhere near england as he is likely to pick up injuries during the tournament. I think forster is a good tip for third choice or even second goalie.

Welbeck is behind kane and yardy to me, but when fit he does offer something in his play and he should be sharp if he gets 5 weeks game time before the end of the season.

Sturridge is mental so no need for him.

I guess one chain of thought is that they will be fresh if they have not played all season and wont have fatigue.

I would rather Redmond then walcott personally and Wheelchair should not be anywhere near england as he is likely to pick up injuries during the tournament. I think forster is a good tip for third choice or even second goalie.

Welbeck is behind kane and yardy to me, but when fit he does offer something in his play and he should be sharp if he gets 5 weeks game time before the end of the season.

Sturridge is mental so no need for him.

in terms of names alone, we really arent half bad. we're obviously no germany or spain, but i bet the likes of italy or protugal wish they had some of the options we currently have. all the strikers listed there are better than the likes of simone zaza or the current version of helder postiga that portugal probably have. even a team like france will probably end up starting with giroud or the mexican version of giroud.

we have rooney who is world class, and below him the likes of walc, kane, sturridge, welb are all top players when fit.

england really do have options. but like always, its going to be about how well we can play as a team

in terms of names alone, we really arent half bad. we're obviously no germany or spain, but i bet the likes of italy or protugal wish they had some of the options we currently have. all the strikers listed there are better than the likes of simone zaza or the current version of helder postiga that portugal probably have. even a team like france will probably end up starting with giroud or the mexican version of giroud.

we have rooney who is world class, and below him the likes of walc, kane, sturridge, welb are all top players when fit.

england really do have options. but like always, its going to be about how well we can play as a team

Rooney is world class and Welbeck is a top player? Really???

What does that make Giroud? What does that make Benzema? Agreed on Portugal and Italy both being somewhat limited, but I don't think anyone are bringing those up as currently very good teams in terms of player for player quality. And both have truly world class players in their ranks imo. Germany and Spain that you mention and of course Belgium are far ahead of England for me though. Even France I think look stronger than England player for player.

Our players are massively over rated. We are not very good and just because you may not know the foreign players does not mean they are not good. They are usually more technical and better skilled and also more of them get game time in their leagues so are used to playing with their teammates.

Our players are massively over rated. We are not very good and just because you may not know the foreign players does not mean they are not good. They are usually more technical and better skilled and also more of them get game time in their leagues so are used to playing with their teammates.

When it comes to the England team they always have been, I still remember all the flimflam written about the so called " Golden generation".

When it comes to the England team they always have been, I still remember all the hogwash written about the so called " Golden generation".

individually the golden generation of players were absolutely world class. how many better fullbacks in the world than cole or neville at the time? how many better than sol, rio, terry, king? lampard, gerrard, scholes? beckham, owen, rooney?

they just didnt play that well as a team during international tournaments.

which is why i would not take vardy if welbeck and sturridgde can prove their fitness in time. them plus rooney and kane should be our striking options imo.

also, i dont think our current batch of players are overrated. name the players that you think are overrated. and you will realise that those guys have just as many detractors who are severely underating them.

we've had top sides over the past decade and have a top side atm too. if we can gel as a team, we have a real chance imo. fyi, i dont think we will gel though. but thats why i think 99%+ of the 23 man squad should come from arse,chels,lpool,tott and the manchester sides.

individually the golden generation of players were absolutely world class. how many better fullbacks in the world than cole or neville at the time? how many better than sol, rio, terry, king? lampard, gerrard, scholes? beckham, owen, rooney?

they just didnt play that well as a team during international tournaments.

I disagree about the world class bit massively, Cole I agree was and maybe Gerrard but the rest especially Goldenballs wers vastly overrated. ( imo)

which is why i would not take vardy if welbeck and sturridgde can prove their fitness in time. them plus rooney and kane should be our striking options imo.

also, i dont think our current batch of players are overrated. name the players that you think are overrated. and you will realise that those guys have just as many detractors who are severely underating them.

we've had top sides over the past decade and have a top side atm too. if we can gel as a team, we have a real chance imo. fyi, i dont think we will gel though. but thats why i think 99%+ of the 23 man squad should come from arse,chels,lpool,tott and the manchester sides.

What do you mean by top side? It's the kind of wording that makes people think that England players are overrated imo.

We would do better with a team of work horses, and players who had not played much during the season so were not tired.

I also think that tournaments being held in the summer at high temperatures hurts England, but tat does not cover up the fact our players are of average ability but hyped up due to the premership.

CbbfXfbWIAA11f0.jpg

That's half the squad picked already.

I disagree about the world class bit massively, Cole I agree was and maybe Gerrard but the rest especially Goldenballs wers vastly overrated. ( imo)

Agreed. Ashley Cole was arguably our only world class player from that period, at international level anyway. Beckham, Gerrard and co did not play consistently well enough in a tournament to be considered "world class".

Back