• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Remove all emblems for sporting kit then, let the players wear what they want or have one team play as skins.
Calm down Bessie. It's clearly still emblematic of the English flag. The glorious lions rampant are still in the crest on the front, it'll all be okay love.

Fine, good for you. But the people moaning about a lil change of colour on a football strip need to get a fudgein grip

No. Why shouldn't they be proud of their country and flag. Britain helped abolish slavery. Has a multicultural society, where you are free to express your religius beliefs and love who you want.

Why shouldn't you be proud of that?

No. Why shouldn't they be proud of their country and flag. Britain helped abolish slavery. Has a multicultural society, where you are free to express your religius beliefs and love who you want.

Why shouldn't you be proud of that?
How does changing the colour of a flag in an isolated situation make you incapable of pride?

Would you understand it, if it was another countries flag that had been changed? Their people were upset.

Na not really, it's an isolated version of the flag, not the actual core of the flag, no ones being asked to salute it. I'm no more offended than when fashion brands black them out, like Barbour etc.

Doesn't hurt or harm me, bar social commentating, I care none

Reactions: jrh
How does changing the colour of a flag in an isolated situation make you incapable of pride?

How is it an isolated situation? It's litterally the kit of the team that represents your nation. They want to sell those kits.

It's just stupid.

I don’t think it does either but for some people tradition is important. I’ll probably end up buying it and wasting £125 on the authentic version even though I have too many football shirts as it is.

TBf though, I can't remember too mamy shirts that included the flag, so its more an addition than a tradition and also a one off shirt. Not sure it's the slippery slope people out in social media land make it out to be.

TBf though, I can't remember too mamy shirts that included the flag, so its more an addition than a tradition and also a one off shirt. Not sure it's the slippery slope people out in social media land make it out to be.
Just another excuse for sad old clams to moan about how woke and inclusive everything is.

No. It's a much of a muchness. Just silly and no need for it.

Creating controversy where there doesn't need to be any. Why?

No. It's a much of a muchness. Just silly and no need for it.

Creating controversy where there doesn't need to be any. Why?

Maybe there was a wholesome inclusive meaning behind it? It's certainly lost in the noise now though if that is the case.

Calm down Bessie. It's clearly still emblematic of the English flag. The glorious lions rampant are still in the crest on the front, it'll all be okay love.

It obviously offends some people therefore in a civilised society we should take note of that and removing it complete and leaving kit neutral would be an ideal solution. I'm with the bandit in "Treasure of the Sierra Madre"

Ok. Felt like an excuse to crow bar it in but ok 😂
I consider myself a citizen of the world. I'm Scottish, German, Australian, English and Irish.

I find loyalty to the place of your birth absurd. If you look back far enough in human history or evolution we're all the same.

If you want to support a nation you have an affinity for in sporting competition, go for it. Power to you.

But don't try and latch on to tradition or heritage or claim you're the true version of that nation. Leave that horsebrick out along the way.

I'm using 'you' in a loose sense here, not directed at yourself, just trying to highlight why I find it all very silly.

I'm a bit tinkled. But here we go.

I seriously don't care what colour the next bond is or turning the st georges into a rainbow flag.

What i care about is that the uk is becoming ever more dividedand angry. People are purposefully doing things they know will just extrapolate that division.

The country is so angry. Stressed.

Seriously we need to find common ground. Things we agree on. Otherwise it's going to get bad. You're going to let in some politicians that you seriously don't want. Sweeden. Denmark. Italy.

Back