• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

I watched in bedroom and had to fight against falling asleep, my wife told me when I came into lounge that the commentators were talking about the paper airplanes the crowd were making, probably the highlight of the night.

I do appreciate what Southgate has done for the national team but am starting wonder if he's trolling people with the Henderson/ Maguire auto-include.

Coverage absolutely toss for this game, whoever is picking the shots is obsessed with getting a close up shot of whoever has the ball so the viewer is bereft of any context of what's going on elsewhere. Football broadcasted for the ticktock generation. Plus Dion Dublin is a bit of a melt on comms, seems like a nice guy and all but no interesting analysis, just the usual "I hope Kane stays in the number 9 position" gonad*s.

Welcome to the dark Side brother.

All jokes aside it's the whole mixed up messaging he sends out that irks me, I struggle to understand his reckoning.

Picks Phillips who hasn't played at all ahead of the likes of Ward Prowse then comes out and makes a statement about how ramsdale not playing is a problem and may influence selection which I agree with, but its far from consistent messaging.

Have to wonder long term what the players must be thinking at times.

All jokes aside it's the whole mixed up messaging he sends out that irks me, I struggle to understand his reckoning.

Absolutely right about mixed messaging.

Sterling moves clubs, finds form and he is out in the cold. Meanwhile:

Henderson retires from elite football and he plays?
Phillips is sitting on his arse and gets a game?
Maguire is injury cover and he is the main man at the back?

Southgate is taking this club mentality too far and needs to have a cull of those in decline like any good club manager would do.

3 minutes to check for what looked like a pretty clear offside and that penalty, oof, this game isn't a great advert for VAR.

Worryingly I agree with Joe Cole, Maguire tackling the player with the upper half of his body was more of a penalty than Lewis'. Defenders usually have arms, you can't just make them disappear and he barely made any contact and it was a natural movement.

Feel for Watkins if he gets subbed but we could do with Kane. North Macedonia have done well and to their club, their flag is pretty badass too.

Don't worry there is great talent coming through from PL academies.

The is some really good talent coming through but it is spread across quite a few different age groups.

Results like the one here are I think good for football.

Back