• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

There's been plenty of over hyped England players in the past that have racked up caps yet players with genuine quality, ability and intelligence cannot get a game.
Foden, the new hoddle. England should be building their game around him.

Sven tried picking the best eleven but that didn’t work either.

Truth is we are always less than the sum of the parts. Hard to remember when we last registered a shock result against a team obviously superior. Probably the Maracana in 1984 when we beat Brazil 2-0.

It's so annoying to see such bad passing when player is under little pressure, too many passes are either behind the player or make the recipient stop moving and wait. Many have written there's little pass and move from anyone

So England are through if they don't lose 4-0 to Wales. Does this mean we get to see how Southgate sets up a team not to lose 4-0?

Sven tried picking the best eleven but that didn’t work either.

Truth is we are always less than the sum of the parts. Hard to remember when we last registered a shock result against a team obviously superior. Probably the Maracana in 1984 when we beat Brazil 2-0.

England under achieve not because of the quality of their players but because they refuse to play in a system that benefits them.

Kane and foden are two players that England cannot get the best out of because the manager needs to shoe horn others that are not capable of playing the same game.

City win titles with foden playing and £100m Grealish on the bench. Foden can barely get on as a sub for England yet Grealish gets game time.
Kane has team mates not passing to him.

I sometimes think that once an English player hits a certain transfer fee they are guaranteed to get picked regardless of ability ir suitability.

and to think for a long time in charge Southgate only used to pick players on form and not reputation or the fact they are a "nice person" (as I heard said about Maguire playing, he is good mates with Pickford & the other defenders)

England under achieve not because of the quality of their players but because they refuse to play in a system that benefits them.

Kane and foden are two players that England cannot get the best out of because the manager needs to shoe horn others that are not capable of playing the same game.

City win titles with foden playing and £100m Grealish on the bench. Foden can barely get on as a sub for England yet Grealish gets game time.

I sometimes think that once an English player hits a certain transfer fee they are guaranteed to get picked regardless of ability ir suitability.
TBF
Saka is in form for club
Sterling and mount haveht been
Defensively there isn’t a lot of options
And I’d say this is the best available CM we have
issue Is that Kane and for me can play passes and control difficult balls
Sterling can’t
Saka can’t do it well enough
Mount… runs a lot and can spank a shot sometimes
We looked better yesterday with sterling on as he can control a ball and not lake it with his headless running (unlike sterling)
Could play a different system I guess

TBF
Saka is in form for club
Sterling and mount haveht been
Defensively there isn’t a lot of options
And I’d say this is the best available CM we have
issue Is that Kane and for me can play passes and control difficult balls
Sterling can’t
Saka can’t do it well enough
Mount… runs a lot and can spank a shot sometimes
We looked better yesterday with sterling on as he can control a ball and not lake it with his headless running (unlike sterling)
Could play a different system I guess

There isnt the type of player we need to hold the midfield together holding a British passport, every club prefers to buy a forei8gn one, Foden is the closest but he has to fill in at City as De Bryune and Silva are the top dogs.

There isnt the type of player we need to hold the midfield together holding a British passport, every club prefers to buy a forei8gn one, Foden is the closest but he has to fill in at City as De Bryune and Silva are the top dogs.
Foden doesn’t play that role at city either

Foden doesn’t play that role at city either

No and that's the problem, he's probably the best technical player with the vision to control the midfield but he has to play on the wing or false no9 at City. In him Bellingham and Rice we have a midfield trio of great promise but they have no experienced player to help them in the middle of the park.

I don’t think that’s right. Gareth picks people when he trusts them. Maguire and Grealish got big money moves partly because of the level they showed with England. Bellingham, Saka, Rice, Mount, Foden, Rashford and Kane have not had big transfers.

Back