• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

International managers do not have enough time with the players to make them bad. All they can do, outside of a tournament, is pick the team, formation and give them a pep talk. We can argue about the odd selection but Southgate is being bolder than most of his predecessors.

Up until now, he has benefited from low expectations. A good run in the World Cup has meant that expectations are now too high and most people seem to be forgetting that we were pretty pedestrian at the WC and had a very easy draw.
Something's turned both Sterling and Rashford to brick though.

Sterling isn't very good, he has always needed ten chances to put one away, a real MotD player. Rashford has been Mourinhoed but also unlucky to be behind Sterling for England.

I’d drop both for Monday.
Sterling is dreadful for England

We should make a public policy of only playing the kids in this stupid international friendly league thing
I still don't get it, we still seem to have to play friendlies as well? How does it fit into qualifying for the Euros? Nothing to do with it at all?

I'm starting to feel that being brick might not be Sterling's fault.

Since joining up with England, Rashford seems to have mastered the arts of running into people and missing shots that Bent could score.

Maybe it's something Southgate's doing. Or maybe whatever Henderson has is contagious.
Nah rashford was always overrated does special things rather than a special player

Thanks, Gareth, for giving Harry Kane the full 90 minutes. The lad hasn't played enough football over the past four years and in a game of such importance in one of the classic atmospheres of world football it will do his football development the world of good and be one of his career highlights.

FFS! fudge England! Pull Kane out NOW! So sick and tried of him risking his fitness for nothing.

The problem is that the fat cats that run the game only see the money now and can't see that over exposure of the product reduces its value in the long run. Much as I hate the the excessive use of stats one outstanding one is the fall in attendance at international matches and I suspect this will filter through to tv ratings.

We should make a public policy of only playing the kids in this stupid international friendly league thing

Wouldn't it work to our advantage to get relegated a few groups anyway? End up being able to qualify for the Euros by virtue of beating Luxembourg and Vatican

Back