• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Some would say he is just like Onomah. Heaps of talent but it's struggling to get out on a consistent basis. They are so damn laid back.

So would I be on £50k a week at 22 yo.
But I agree they look 'indifferent' to the whole occasion.

U21s wn the Toulon tourney for the 3rd year in a row

Bloody awful performance, Cook was poor by his standards and all the forwards looked knackered with poor touch and little idea where their own team mates were. Typical winning display at international level. Mexico players looked far better in every department.

It was a poor team we sent. Many of the players who won the U20s world cup didn't fit with the eligible dates for this one, so couldn't play

I actually wouldn't mind if it was a capable Arsenal player - Seaman, Adams - fine.

I object to really poor players being taken for political/marketing, rather than footballing, reasons though. Welbeck, and Cahill & Jones going instead of the Burnley CBs in particular.

Explain why Southgate has taken Wellbeck for "political/marketing" reasons. You may disagree with the selection but Southgate is well beyond that criticism!

Explain why Southgate has taken Wellbeck for "political/marketing" reasons. You may disagree with the selection but Southgate is well beyond that criticism!

Not Southgate himself. But pressure from the FA and sponsors. Arsenal fans won't be as engaged in the tournament/won't spend as much money on Carling and Doritos etc. if there's none of their players in the England squad. It also looks bad on English football if one of their big 6 have literally no competent English players.

Not Southgate himself. But pressure from the FA and sponsors. Arsenal fans won't be as engaged in the tournament/won't spend as much money on Carling and Doritos etc. if there's none of their players in the England squad. It also looks bad on English football if one of their big 6 have literally no competent English players.

Have you been chatting to gifter again?

Arsenal have players in the tournament for other nations.

How does it look bad, and, if you think a player is incompetent, does simply being called up to a WC squad make you reverse that opinion?

Welbeck is brick but has always been strangely effective for England, to say he has been picked for marketing reasons is odd as if that was the case you take wheelchair, who the arsenal fans actually like.

Lalana who was the most obvious alternative is not fit.

Bloody awful performance, Cook was poor by his standards and all the forwards looked knackered with poor touch and little idea where their own team mates were. Typical winning display at international level. Mexico players looked far better in every department.
Cook was dreadful for a premiership player as was Abrahams. Kenny at the back gave the Mexicans a big advantage.
Mexicans lost the plot temperament wise.
A wins a win is about the some of it.

Agreed. He's also got a bit of experience, it's a relatively inexperienced squad overall.
Not having a go at you, but it always makes me laugh when experience is used as a basis for taking someone over another. In England’s case the experience is of disastrous campaigns so what advantage is that?

Not having a go at you, but it always makes me laugh when experience is used as a basis for taking someone over another. In England’s case the experience is of disastrous campaigns so what advantage is that?

I think a few experienced players is beneficial when the squad is young and inexperienced overall, even if it's to draw on things that have gone wrong before, mistakes made that hopefully don't get repeated. It's not like Wellbeck is a car-crash when it comes to England, he actually has a decent record, so arguably merits a place just down to that. But a little bit of experience is a bonus. I think Cahill is a good choice for a similar reason, even though Maguire is probably a better player right now. Cahill has played and done very well in big Champions League games, including a winning final (the qunt).

Germany had a quality, young squad last time out iirc, but still had players like Mertesacker playing a part.

You are off your head

Sounds like you are making it up as you go along.

Tony Adams believes England have no chance as there are too many Spurs players in the squad and they dont have a winning mentality.

And I thought he had stopped drinking!

Back