• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

I thought it was a very promising first half. The second half was brick though. No one had any idea how to break them down.

Pickford - Great on the ball, didn't have much chance for the goal.

Trippier - Solid. Great deliveries today as well, something he hasn't done as much of recently.
Walker - Looks settled in the back three. Quite happy with him there as he can drive forward with it.
Cahill - Decent game. Great goal, but also looked dodgy at times.
Stones - If any of the CB's should be worrying about their spot after today it would be him. Really didn't look good defending nor with the ball.
Young - Not sure. He was good, but got caught out at times too.

Dier - Looked statuesque at times. I honestly thought he looked slower, though he still put in some great tackles and drove forward.
Dele - He was close to being MOTM for me. Definitely at fault for the goal, though I was worried before hand about his defensive mindset. Going forward though he was easily our most influential.
Lingard - Really good movement though at times he seemed positionally in two minds. There were a few occasions where he was coming out to stand on Trippier's toes, which was hampering us going forward.

Sterling - I thought he did well. Still not the greatest in front of goal, but he was a threat.
Kane - Off the pace still. He dropped deep and sprayed some really nice passes, but more telling for me was his failure to put it in front of Sterling in the build up to the second goal.

Alli was MOTM for me and almost looked a revaluation in midfield for england

Dier our in some great long balls but at times seemed to be the only midfielder doing any defensive work

Kane was great in that he occupied their players all the time and him and Alli switched a few teams which would be useful in the WC

Trippier was sound and put I some great balls

Rose didn’t have time but didn’t get caught out behind like Young did constantly

Lingard who I’m not a fan of was good and did a really shift

Decent first half but we looked poor in the second, great header from Cahill but Maguire should be in the team when the games get serious. Ali started off well but faded as the game went on.

Alli was MOTM for me and almost looked a revaluation in midfield for england

Dier our in some great long balls but at times seemed to be the only midfielder doing any defensive work

Kane was great in that he occupied their players all the time and him and Alli switched a few teams which would be useful in the WC

Trippier was sound and put I some great balls

Rose didn’t have time but didn’t get caught out behind like Young did constantly

Lingard who I’m not a fan of was good and did a really shift

I agree

Thought Stones was a little off the game!
Agree mom

Thought Nigeria were a different team in the second haof. Like what Iwobi did for them.

Just got home after the Derby and really cant see how some people think Sterling had a good game. Even if I take the blinkers off, he kept on wasting opportunities to pass when braking with his pace, diving for free kicks ref waveed away, stimulating a foul in the penalty box and getting a yellow. If only he had a semi-automatic brain and not just the tattoo on his leg.

Just got home after the Derby and really cant see how some people think Sterling had a good game. Even if I take the blinkers off, he kept on wasting opportunities to pass when braking with his pace, diving for free kicks ref waveed away, stimulating a foul in the penalty box and getting a yellow. If only he had a semi-automatic brain and not just the tattoo on his leg.
Not attacking anyone either.....so be kind with the spelling, i am three sheets to the wind.

I agree

Thought Stones was a little off the game!
Agree mom

Thought Nigeria were a different team in the second haof. Like what Iwobi did for them.

Stones was shockingly bad and has lost any chance of being in the first 11 with that performance

Iwobi was busy but there were so bad in the first half they could only get better

Was good to hear Tyler stick up for Alli when he was booed by the Nigerian buffoons.. He made the point that England fans weren't booing Iwobi, who was an England international at one point..

Side note: Loftus-Cheek is a fudging beast.

I think there’s a lot of unfairness towards Sterling in this thread. Just played Russia WC on FIFA, Sterling ended up player of the tournament and won the Golden Boot with seven goals.

Also I have changed my opinion on Henderson as he scored three with a couple of of long-range beauties amongst them.

Kane got injured in the group stage and only scored one so hopefully we’ll get an over-inflated fee for him from Madrid this summer.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I wouldnt bother playing Kane until we are losing as apart from Dele no one is going to pass to him in the box, just stick with 3 headless chickens running around and shooting. After that display from Young I dreed seeing him playing, he slowed the game down and had to stop and come back on his right foot all the time which ended in either the ball being passed back or swung into the keepers hands.

I wouldnt bother playing Kane until we are losing as apart from Dele no one is going to pass to him in the box, just stick with 3 headless chickens running around and shooting. After that display from Young I dreed seeing him playing, he slowed the game down and had to stop and come back on his right foot all the time which ended in either the ball being passed back or swung into the keepers hands.

Young IMO is riding hide on some very good performances this season but against Us he was always the weak link

Teams can expose him as wing back easily by just making him turn

The England Lidl ad is pretty good......the kids are amazing and Cahill, Sterling and Walker come across very well. Congrats to all behind it.

Back