• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

At last Onamah has shown what he's all about. Easy to see why he gets stick the way he seems to stroll about but I lost count of the number of successful interceptions and tackles he made, so many of them Dembele-esque. His passing was intelligent throughout and how unlucky was he not to score with that cracking drive from outside the box that came back down off the crossbar with the goalie completely stranded.

At last Onamah has shown what he's all about. Easy to see why he gets stick the way he seems to stroll about but I lost count of the number of successful interceptions and tackles he made, so many of them Dembele-esque. His passing was intelligent throughout and how unlucky was he not to score with that cracking drive from outside the box that came back down off the crossbar with the goalie completely stranded.
He looks soooo comfortable at this level playing in his natural position

We have to give him some chances playing there now or let him go on loan at a side that will for a season

That was one good match and England winning the World Cup is just fantastic.

Echo the thoughts on Onomah. Just confirms to me that we need to hold on to Dembele, his influence on our players is immense.

He was also out of position to start with, especially for the first. If you choose to guard one side of the goal for a fk you surely have to be able to get across if the kick goes to the other side. Agreed, both fks were absolute peaches but it's not as though they went right into the corner.

Hopefully Southgate has now seen enough. England will not come close to winning anything with hart between the sticks. I was watching the warm-ups and I reckon he let three in, just while I was watching. Seriously brick.

Scary to see the players that were missing too
Davies from Everton
Abraham form Chelsea who is miles better than the Everton lad who scored IMO
Rashford too

These lads need games and they need to be at clubs that wil play them

Davies wasn't allowed to go as he had played too much already apparently but his game time was the equivalent of 17 games I think so for me that's a tinkle poor call by Everton

Scary to see the players that were missing too
Davies from Everton
Abraham form Chelsea who is miles better than the Everton lad who scored IMO
Rashford too

These lads need games and they need to be at clubs that wil play them

Davies wasn't allowed to go as he had played too much already apparently but his game time was the equivalent of 17 games I think so for me that's a tinkle poor call by Everton

Spot on, both Mills and Sinclair said the same thing. The problem is at a lot of clubs they insist on bring in " Carlos Kickaballs" which leads to some of these kids going backwards.

As for the game i really enjoyed it ( far more then watching that rubbish last night), great game, great result and well done to all of them.

This should be the springboard for England future but it won't be, big clubs want quick wins and the youth won't get a go, and they won't play in CL so the class difference will remain in senior level.

Emirates Marketing Project spend millions on Youth but its packs with foreign kids and they spend 35m on a 20 year old Brazilian lad, so its ok us being the best to U20 its a great start but unless club buy into it it will hit a ceiling.

Mourinho quoted as saying he has no time for it as Man U need trophies tomorrow so they can't play the long game, it contradicts what we are trying to do nationally

This should be the springboard for England future but it won't be, big clubs want quick wins and the youth won't get a go, and they won't play in CL so the class difference will remain in senior level.

Emirates Marketing Project spend millions on Youth but its packs with foreign kids and they spend 35m on a 20 year old Brazilian lad, so its ok us being the best to U20 its a great start but unless club buy into it it will hit a ceiling.

Mourinho quoted as saying he has no time for it as Man U need trophies tomorrow so they can't play the long game, it contradicts what we are trying to do nationally

Was interesting to see the clubs that ah. Spent a fortune have the least amount of players there

There were the two Chelsea centre backs who IMO won't step up at all and looked decent for this level but no more

Was their a pool player starting? None from city or united either I think

Says a lot that the two clubs that have had to play catch up financially had 6 players out there in that first 11

Back