• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Infractions

Just for clarity, if there's a mod reading this, have any infractions been handed out in that thread

If not, it makes a mockery of the new rules

That thread is a disgrace to this forum

ELFYF.jpg

:ross::ross::ross:

I think an infraction's due for not knowing Homer the Great. And for not knowing who makes Steve Guttenberg a star.

On the Rotten Tomatoes forum a few years ago, there was a thread where this guy did a countdown of his top 100 Simpsons episodes. I think he'd update it once a day. I must have spent a good many lunchtimes reading through the 100+ thread. I'll try to find the thread because it was brilliant.

Anyhow, Last Train to Springfield, Homer at the Bat and the Monorail episodes are the Citizen Kane, Godfather, Robocop of Simpsons episodes.

Exactly, its just a flipping forum.

But anyway, where did I say I dont like how its run and where did I rebel ? I just made a statement, I didnt say whether I was bothered by this statement or whether I find it positive or negative.

And my other comment in the post, about mods having too much time, I was just saying I think its overkill. As you have pointed out, its just a flipping forum. Do you really want to spend your time discussing how many points to give someone? You guys are going to be busy. Or alternatively, see a post that is a rule breaker - hit the delete button, let the forum see its been deleted and the reason, and then the poster can re-do it. I've said before to the mods, if they are really bothered by a post I make just remove it. Surely its better than leaving it up for all to see. If people constantly have posts removed they will tone it down as they wont want to waste their time.

Anyway, I appreciate the time the mods take to run the board, not going to criticise anyone helping out in an online community, but I dont go in for all this taking it way too seriously stuff.

You make some good and valid points.
Problem is, there is a large number of posters who can not deal with things as easily as others, and the mods are obliged to consider all members equally.
Well, equally ish !!

I left the forum for over a year, mainly because I had too many other commitments on my time, but also because I found myself: i) bored of the forum; far too much immaturity either leading or derailing discussions, and ii) bored of the incessant chippiness and arguments. I really can't think of a bigger waste of ones' time, than to come onto a forum, purely for the purpose of scoring points over people you've never met, and are never likely to? :/ And yet (for years, in some cases) that's all one or two on here ever do.

To that end, I don't have a problem at all with any means to moderate/bring about order. Having used forums and discussion boards for over 20 years, I've found it's those who are likely to fall foul who always end up complaining the most.

My free time is still very much limited, so I'll be a very infrequent visitor and this system won't impact me at all, but - nevertheless - I think this is a good move for the foum, and one that I look forward to seeing the progress of.

I left the forum for over a year, mainly because I had too many other commitments on my time, but also because I found myself: i) bored of the forum; far too much immaturity either leading or derailing discussions, and ii) bored of the incessant chippiness and arguments. I really can't think of a bigger waste of ones' time, than to come onto a forum, purely for the purpose of scoring points over people you've never met, and are never likely to? :/ And yet (for years, in some cases) that's all one or two on here ever do.

To that end, I don't have a problem at all with any means to moderate/bring about order. Having used forums and discussion boards for over 20 years, I've found it's those who are likely to fall foul who always end up complaining the most.

My free time is still very much limited, so I'll be a very infrequent visitor and this system won't impact me at all, but - nevertheless - I think this is a good move for the foum, and one that I look forward to seeing the progress of.

Errr you do realise along with Leeds and myself, you are the most complained about poster right?

Back on the forum less than a week and you unnecessarily posted abuse to me. Not to mention telling others they were fcuking dull. Talk about not letting stuff go for years.

You left the forum because people wouldn't let you get away with wum posts such as 'raul moat' was brave. A little tip - arguments don't arise from friendly logical posts.

Back