• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I'm going to be a daddy

I mean biting or kicking you

or did you know what i meant :)
Oh I got it, might have exaggerated a bit in my reply though.

I'm starting to think toothpaste is amphetamine to him. After he brushes, everything become a joke. He's laughing his tush off, bouncing all over the place now.

Tranquilizer darts are what you want, can make a game of the hunt stage too so he'll get something out of it.

That's probably legal.

Perhaps your son is really scared of the dark / monsters / nightmares. My son tried to put off bedtime when he had had nightmares.

Perhaps your son is really scared of the dark / monsters / nightmares. My son tried to put off bedtime when he had had nightmares.
Think he's challenging my authority. Tonight I made it very clear who's in charge, I wouldn't let him in his bed unless he calmed down and asked to lay in it.
So instead of telling to stay there, I flipped it.

It took a while for him to stop yelling "I'm the boss, I decide everything!" but I remained calm and eventually he asked for his bed. Maybe a turning point!

Ha ha, reverse psychology, very good.

My son has decided he is the boss of the upstairs, and I am allowed to be the boss of the downstairs.

Ha ha, reverse psychology, very good.

My son has decided he is the boss of the upstairs, and I am allowed to be the boss of the downstairs.
They like being the boss! His older brother and a friend of his, decided to be nice one day and let little Albert play with them. Albert then says, thanks for letting me play with you, I'm in charge of everything!

Considered belts for the bed... Chloroform maybe the way to go.

Heard a story at a recent kids birthday party about desperate parents strapping their kids to their beds. It worked a treat...until two walking mattresses stumbled into the parent's bedroom in the middle of the night. They never tried that again.

Heard a story at a recent kids birthday party about desperate parents strapping their kids to their beds. It worked a treat...until two walking mattresses stumbled into the parent's bedroom in the middle of the night. They never tried that again.
Don't think I'd let my kids near those parents...

Think he's challenging my authority. Tonight I made it very clear who's in charge, I wouldn't let him in his bed unless he calmed down and asked to lay in it.
So instead of telling to stay there, I flipped it.

It took a while for him to stop yelling "I'm the boss, I decide everything!" but I remained calm and eventually he asked for his bed. Maybe a turning point!
That's exactly what he is doing.

They get to that age where pushing the boundaries is all part of their development. Dealing with it is tricky, depending on your own state of mind. We all get tired, have other things to do etc.

It can be relentless and somewhat tiresome.

My Mrs is far too soft with our 5year old daughter (she is a fantastic mother though), and she suffers because of it....literally gets walked over and the daughter likes to think she's king of the hill. And of course my Mrs wonders why when she puts in so much effort into making our daughters life so wonderful.

It's bizarre when the wife's away for a bit, how different my girl is with me 'in charge' ....far less battles and just a whole load less of the antics and crying. I'm pretty chilled so I'm certainly not employing any kind of dictator/authoritarian approach (GHod forbid), just some calmness in the face of it and making sure she's aware of lines that won't be crossed.

I let her do loads but she knows when enough is enough, sometimes it takes a bit of a 'deal' or trade off, but I won't tolerate her taking the tinkle.

If you and the Mrs are on the same page, this can help. (Can save the play one of against the other strategy...i want daddy, iwant mummy gonad*s :D) I've tried to explain to my Mrs that she needs to be a tad tougher, which ironically she is when she reaches the end of her tether but by then the damage is done, but by then its of quite an angry nature......she needs more of the Poch approach, when almost just a look will suffice.

I suppose we all hope the little breeders just grow out of it, with damage limited as far as possible on all sides. Good luck.

Last edited:
My experience is similar. The wife is a soft touch, Im not (while not being a dictator either).

It becomes quite obvious that kids work within their boundaries, and are pretty sharp with working out how far they can push things with different people.

They get to that age where pushing the boundaries is all part of their development. Dealing with it is tricky, depending on your own state of mind. We all get tired, have other things to do etc.

My Mrs is far too soft with our 5year old daughter (she is a fantastic mother though), and she suffers because of it....literally gets walked over and the daughter likes to think she's king of the hill. And of course my Mrs wonders why when she puts in so much effort into making our daughters life so wonderful.

It's bizarre when the wife's away for a bit, how different my girl is with me 'in charge' ....far less battles and just a whole load less of the antics and crying. I'm pretty chilled so I'm certainly not employing any kind of dictator/authoritarian approach (GHod forbid), just some calmness in the face of it and making sure she's aware of lines that won't be crossed.

I let her do loads but she knows when enough is enough, sometimes it takes a bit of a 'deal' or trade off, but I won't tolerate her taking the tinkle.

If you and the Mrs are on the same page, this can help. (Can save the play one of against the other strategy...i want daddy, iwant mummy gonads :D) I've tried to explain to my Mrs that she needs to be a tad tougher, which ironically she is when she reaches the end of her tether but by then the damage is done, but by then its of quite an angry nature......she needs more of the Poch approach, when almost just a look will suffice.

I suppose we all hope the little breeders just grow out of it, with damage limited as far as possible on all sides. Good luck.
An actual conversation from my house this morning:

Son: "Mummy, I'm the boss of you"
Wife: "Of course you're not, that's ridiculous"
S: "OK, you're the boss of me. I'm the boss of Darwin and Darwin's the boss of daddy"
Me: "Of course you're not, that's ridiculous"
S: "You're funny Daddy. If you keep trying to be funny Darwin will tell you off."

Darwin is his first cuddly toy/soother from when he was younger. Nice to know where my place in the world is.

Last edited:

If you and the Mrs are on the same page, this can help. (Can save the play one of against the other strategy...i want daddy, iwant mummy gonads :D) I've tried to explain to my Mrs that she needs to be a tad tougher, which ironically she is when she reaches the end of her tether but by then the damage is done, but by then its of quite an angry nature......she needs more of the Poch approach, when almost just a look will suffice.

Good post, pretty much sums up our relationship. My mrs tries to be tough, but usually ends up angry and don't follow up on her "threats" - like go to bed or else you don't get a book, then 5 mins later she's reading a book for him.

I do think she understands more how it works now. Only yesterday, she carried the little on out of a shop because he wouldn't stop running around. She gave warnings and followed up. So like you say, we just need to set boundaries and follow up on them. It's what kids need and definetively what I need.

An actual conversation from my house this morning:

Son: "Mummy, I'm the boss of you"
Wife: "Of course you're not, that's ridiculous"
S: "OK, you're the boss of me. I'm the boss of Darwin and Darwin's the boss of daddy"
Me: "Of course you're not, that's ridiculous"
S: "You're funny Daddy. If you keep trying to be funny Darwin will tell you off."

Darwin is his first cuddly toy/soother from when he was younger. Nice to know where my place in the world is.
Haha! Last night at supper:

Me: Sit down, it's supper.
Kid: No it's not, I decide when it's supper. I'm the boss of all the house.
Me: Nonsense.
Kid: No it's not.

And so forth. I won the duel in the end and he sat down and ate.

Good post, pretty much sums up our relationship. My mrs tries to be tough, but usually ends up angry and don't follow up on her "threats" - like go to bed or else you don't get a book, then 5 mins later she's reading a book for him.

I do think she understands more how it works now. Only yesterday, she carried the little on out of a shop because he wouldn't stop running around. She gave warnings and followed up. So like you say, we just need to set boundaries and follow up on them. It's what kids need and definetively what I need.
That was a lesson that took me a long time to learn - if you make a threat/ultimatum, make sure you're happy/able to follow through with it.

It's no good to be in the car on your way to the airport and threaten something like "If you don't behave I'm going to turn this car around and we'll go home" because if your son is anything like mine he'll push you until you either have to cancel your entire fudging holiday or renege on your ultimatum. Not something that came naturally as most adults understand basic game theory and will avoid lose/lose at almost all costs. Kids are sociopaths and will happily push you into a lose/lose.

my 4yr old has also become a little git, violence, backchat, inexhaustible

it came as a bit of a surprise as he was an angel for so long and his (older) sister has shown none of this, she'll only strop if she's tired

My step-daughter who is nearly 9 is the queen of not listening and back chat it infuriates me and is so hard to simply not take any notice of

Don't often post but have been on the site for years, registered and lurking. Found out my Mrs was pregnant with our first.

On Thursday she called me saying she was bleeding, next day we're in the hospital having scans and being told they can't see any baby anymore.

Last two days has been a haze, I'm in absolute bits, we had a little cry yesterday and I have to be strong for her but when I saw my best mate earlier I broke down in pieces.

Not even sure why I've typed this, but the last few weeks I've re-read this thread loads of times for advice and hoped to be sharing my journey in here soon, but it wasn't to be.

Back