• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Erik Lamela - Official

With players like De Rossi, Pjanic and Lamela, how have Roma failed to qualify for any European football for the last 2 seasons? I do not follow Italian football so would be intrigued to read from someone who does like murmon? Should we worry that their so called star players are overrated?

When you have teams like Napoli, Juventus, and Milan that have also got players of this standard (and better) then it could be tricky to break into European positions.

Lamela gets #11

signings730.jpg

Lamela gets #11

signings730.jpg

Good photo.

Roma explain sale of Lamela
...Sabatini is now the main man in the capital after director general Franco Baldini left for a new experience at Tottenham.

Franco behaved well,” he added. “He knew that we were after certain players, but he only made moves for them after we had left them alone.

“I feel freer in my work without having Baldini, a great friend, by my side. He is certainly thriving with my absence, he seems rejuvenated at Tottenham.

Last edited:

Well, Bobby and Etienne look happy with life.

Vlad and Paulie look like they've just been told they need root canal.

Christian looks like he's about to bust someone's head in if they don't stop talking about his ma.

Erik looks like he's wondering what the fukk he's gotten himself into.

And Nacer can't quite decide in all the excitement.

...lamenting the demise of the old school black football boot... blue, yellow, white and red, and not a smidgen of dubbin between them... what has the world come to...empires have fallen for less

...lamenting the demise of the old school black football boot... blue, yellow, white and red, and not a smidgen of dubbin between them... what has the world come to...empires have fallen for less

Scott Parker would turn in.....a circle

Did the players find it that hard to stand in a straight line that a blue line had to be painted in for them to stand behind?

http://www.football-italia.net/39468/scare-lamela-brother-kidnapped

Saturday September 14 2013
Scare as Lamela brother kidnapped
By Football Italia staff

It’s reported Erik Lamela’s teenage brother was kidnapped by armed men and released after his family paid a ransom.

The former Roma star moved to Tottenham this summer for £30m including performance-related bonuses.

According to Argentine newspaper Clarin, his 18-year-old brother Axel was stopped by armed men in the Vicente Lopez area of Buenos Aires and held prisoner for several hours.

He was freed after his family agreed to pay a ransom of 5,000 pesos – which is only around £550.

Local police believe the ransom was so low because the kidnappers were unaware of his identity or family connections, but were simply ‘attracted’ by his BMW.

They used his mobile phone to call his family and demand the ransom, releasing Axel only a couple of hours later that evening.

It is unfortunately not uncommon for family members of famous football players to be kidnapped in South America, Africa or even Europe.

==============================================================================================

glad its over and he's safe. is this the one that twitted that Erik would join us? hope erik is taking it well.

http://www.football-italia.net/39468/scare-lamela-brother-kidnapped

Saturday September 14 2013
Scare as Lamela brother kidnapped
By Football Italia staff

It’s reported Erik Lamela’s teenage brother was kidnapped by armed men and released after his family paid a ransom.

The former Roma star moved to Tottenham this summer for £30m including performance-related bonuses.

According to Argentine newspaper Clarin, his 18-year-old brother Axel was stopped by armed men in the Vicente Lopez area of Buenos Aires and held prisoner for several hours.

He was freed after his family agreed to pay a ransom of 5,000 pesos – which is only around £550.

Local police believe the ransom was so low because the kidnappers were unaware of his identity or family connections, but were simply ‘attracted’ by his BMW.

They used his mobile phone to call his family and demand the ransom, releasing Axel only a couple of hours later that evening.

It is unfortunately not uncommon for family members of famous football players to be kidnapped in South America, Africa or even Europe.

==============================================================================================

glad its over and he's safe. is this the one that twitted that Erik would join us? hope erik is taking it well.

No the guy on twitter is his older brother Brian...

Erik Lamela - Official

We were very pleased following the last game, it's crazy to think we still have this expensive gift to still unwrap!

I'm really excited to see how he settles here. "Thoroughbred" is a perfect description for him, you can see he needs to be handled gently but his touch and control have the kind of nimbleness and elegance that stands out even in the few glimpses we've had so far.

I'm really excited to see how he settles here. "Thoroughbred" is a perfect description for him, you can see he needs to be handled gently but his touch and control have the kind of nimbleness and elegance that stands out even in the few glimpses we've had so far.

Totally agree. Sometimes you can just tell from the way a guy kicks or traps a ball that he's got it, and I saw that in Erik from his first touch.

Totally agree. Sometimes you can just tell from the way a guy kicks or traps a ball that he's got it, and I saw that in Erik from his first touch.

Modric and Berbatov are good examples of players who you could tell from the beginning had 'it' - regardless of how long it took them to get up to consistently performing to an 8/10 level overall, it was the little things that they done to perfection which set them apart from the outset

AVB:

"He has played in different positions up front from a young age. When he left River Plate, first he played behind the striker, then on the left, then as a right winger. The experience he has in three positions means he is creative in all three positions."

Back