• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

Hasn't been good at all tbh since moving but am impressed that he is getting more stuck in.

He's getting tackled a lot and misplacing a lot of passes, I think that is down to confidence and getting used to the pace of this league.

I saw him at Roma and know there's an exceptional player in there, he's one of the biggest young talents in the game imo. We just need to find a way of making him comfortable and coaxing it out.

He has been poor on the ball but thats not me slating him but it is what it is - which he has been poor regardless of the reason although the reason is legitimate. What has impressed me though is his defensive duties he has carried out well for someone who seems slight etc.

For me playing him as a striker, would be a waste of his natural ability to find a great pass. Many times yesterday he tried some passes which other players would'nt have seen. There was that exquisite chest control from Rose's cross field pass before he tried the lofted pass into Soldado. The pass was a little underhit but the vision and belief to try it are positive signs.

You can see that he isn't used to the pace of the league, just like Paulinho he thinks he has more time on the ball than he actually has. He took ages to line up for a shot and it got blocked when really, he needed to take one touch and then have a go. He is though taking up some useful positions but like others he is trying too hard at times, resulting in poor touches/runs etc. More starts and perhaps he will settle.

For me playing him as a striker, would be a waste of his natural ability to find a great pass. Many times yesterday he tried some passes which other players would'nt have seen. There was that exquisite chest control from Rose's cross field pass before he tried the lofted pass into Soldado. The pass was a little underhit but the vision and belief to try it are positive signs.

You can see that he isn't used to the pace of the league, just like Paulinho he thinks he has more time on the ball than he actually has. He took ages to line up for a shot and it got blocked when really, he needed to take one touch and then have a go. He is though taking up some useful positions but like others he is trying too hard at times, resulting in poor touches/runs etc. More starts and perhaps he will settle.

Yes! I wasn't the only one who saw that. Also loved the scooped pass into Soldado quite early on inside and over the full back. I know it sounds like we're scraping the barrel here in terms of praise but I've said it before, the boy is unique to our squad and sees the game completely differently from anyone else. Just keep playing him, even if he's ****. Just keep at it, and if i was his manager I would say keep working dam hard but keep trying the things that come natural to you

Keep him on that side; let him get used to it - there is something special there (and I don't mean in Rainman style).

I'm not convinced Chadli would be good value to open a packet of crisps.... He is up their with the worse signings we have ever made!!!!!

He really has to step up a lot for me

Happy now Bedford? He was good against Soton, yeah?

Lamela's definitely got something about him, it's not quite all clicking for him yet, but there's flashes there all the time, he just can't seem to put it all together at the minute. I'd be inclined to give him an extended run of starts, show a bit of faith in him, the potential ceiling is a lot higher for Lamela than it is for any of our other wide or attacking midfield players so he's worth perservering with. It's not like he's currently a liability so we're not risking much by giving him starts.

He has been poor on the ball but thats not me slating him but it is what it is - which he has been poor regardless of the reason although the reason is legitimate. What has impressed me though is his defensive duties he has carried out well for someone who seems slight etc.

Thing is I still feel its slightly harsh to say he's been poor on the ball, although at the same time I can't really argue against it either! To me he looks like a dribbler, which means if you're running at people you either win or lose because you don't look to play it safe, you look forward and are direct. At the moment those small factors like the bounce of the ball when getting tackled isnt going his way however as he gets more settled I reckon he will get luckier too. But now and again his craft and cleverness of pass pays off and thats what you need to pay attention to because what he does is no fluke. Time and experience is all he needs because you will find those moments becoming more frequent.

He has the x factor no doubt, but in such an unfamiliar environment he needs the supporters to assist him by showing support and patience...

With Lennon and Townsend out for a little while this is his big chance. Two home games coming up against, lets say, less tougher opposition, a goal for him and Soldado in either of those games could be a turning point for both

I'm watching Hazard, Willian, Walcott tonight... they keep ****ing things up time and time again

Even with 4 against 3 they **** it up. They can't beat a man for toffee.

Maybe we are comparing Lamela against our "IDEA of what these players are like at their BEST"

Ooh congrats Timbo on your appointment!

Yeh he looks like he's over thinking things at times, the shot you are talking about (if it's the one I'm thinking of) he had a couple of passes on and it nearly seemed like he wasn't sure whether to go ahead with the shot or pass. I've no doubt if he had been playing for Roma he'd have got the shot away immediately. Will come with confidence though IMO.

The chest control you're talking about was class, didn't even break stride.

Didn't he also have a stunning piece of chest control in the game at the Emirates?

Yet to start a league game at home. All I want to for Christmas is a win against West Brom with Lamela and Soldado scoring.

I'm watching Hazard, Willian, Walcott tonight... they keep ****ing things up time and time again

Even with 4 against 3 they **** it up. They can't beat a man for toffee.

Maybe we are comparing Lamela against our "IDEA of what these players are like at their BEST"

Ooh congrats Timbo on your appointment!

It's true.
Willian certainly has hardly impressed in a Chelsea shirt (from what little chance he has been given)
Hazard and Walcott though do have many instances of great performances.
When Lamela has more of those games then it is going to be far easier to cut him slack for the troubling times.

Don't forget the exquisite pass with the outside of hit boot just outside our area through what was a very narrow space to set Ade away for our first goal. Pretty audacious to even attempt that sort of pass, kind of thing Modric would get away with ease.

Just needs games, moves too slowly with the ball but it will come. You can already see the touch and vision he has.

Yet to start a league game at home. All I want to for Christmas is a win against West Brom with Lamela and Soldado scoring.

Yes, get them a couple of goals each against WBA and Stoke (and us the wins), and I'll be a very happy man!

He needs to play now. He has the skill, Lennon and Townsend are out, so let's play him. instead of Chadli FFS!

Back