• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Tottenham fans react to Erik Lamela's performance against Stoke
Vincent Ralph
@VincentRalph1
12 hours ago

The Tottenham Hotspur winger impressed when he came off the bench.

Tottenham Hotspur's 5-1 win against Stoke City on Saturday proved what Mauricio Pochettino's side can do when everything clicks, and there was another positive in the return to form of Argentine international Erik Lamela.

The winger had been side-lined for 13 months but he returned last month against Leicester City and he has now featured three times in the league this season.

Lamela's latest outing was his best yet and, on another day, he could have easily got on the score sheet to mark his return to form in the best possible way.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino will want all his first-team stars fit and firing for the challenges ahead, with plenty to play for in the second half of the campaign, and you can rest assured that Lamela will have a vital role in that regard.

The 25-year-old managed 23 minutes on Saturday and it looked like he had never been away, with both him and Mousa Dembele suggesting Tottenham will have two fresh players for the festive fixtures.

After the match we took to Twitter to see what Tottenham fans thought of Lamela's latest performance and you can read a selection of what we found below:

A Lamela goal would’ve been the icing on the cake. He is going to be an important player in the second half of this season. #COYS

— KerryCOYS (@ElectricEriksen) December 9, 2017

So glad Lamela is back fit again, like a new player miss his energy, could've bagged a couple but most of the stadium glad he played, sonny unreal #COYS #THFC

— Grant Foster (@G_foster09) December 9, 2017

Great to see us back to winning ways today,Son excellent and thought lamela was very impressive again when he came on #COYS

— Steve English (@englishn17) December 9, 2017

Sooooooooooooo good seeing Lamela back today. Forgot how amazing his movement and ability to pick a pass were. Welcome back #COYS https://t.co/u1WRtZ7TTq

— Natan Doron (@natandoron) December 9, 2017

Just got back from Wembley, fantastic second half performance, son by far MoM, lamela with a really good cameo roll, he has to start against Brighton. #COYS

— Tune (@tune1986) December 9, 2017

10 Dec
Micky Hazard

✔@1MickyHazard

Great result today and that's the way to put games to bed against boring negative teams, Son was superb and great to see Lamela looking fit and sharp, All in all a very nice day COYSSSSSSSSS
Jo Elliott@JoElliott1961

Absolutely, would like to see Lamela starting games soon, he's like a new signing #COYS

4:01 AM - Dec 10, 2017
Boggo@Boggo1

The only change I would even entertain for the Brighton game would be Lamela in for Dele if he’s up to it physically. So bright in his cameos so far this season #COYS

3:53 AM - Dec 10, 2017

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/12/10/tottenham-fans-react-to-erik-lamelas-performance-against-stoke/

--------------------------------------------------------

After being out injured for more than 1 year, it is amazing to see Lamela still having that work rate and creativity. His return has already forced other players to step up their game. Since Lamela returned, Son has 3 goals, 1 assist in 3 matches, Eriksen 1 goal, 1 assist in 2 matches while Alli has 2 assists in 2 matches. This is why we need competition for all our players, including Kane and Lloris.

Last edited:
Lamela's highlights against Stoke

It was an inch perfect pass from Lamela to Kane. Too bad Kane didn't score from it. Similiarly, it was a nice one-two by Kane and Lamela which Kane should have passed back to Lamela who was in a better position. It was funny to see Lamela screaming at Kane for not passing back to him. Lamela is probably the only Spurs player who could scream at Kane who was obviously trying to score his hattrick !

The stats that show Eriksen had only one assist this season, and lead to people thinking he's not on form show exactly why I disregard stats. His importance to our team cannot be understated, he is the heartbeat, very similar to the great John White, no shouting and waving arms or reckless tackles, just makes space and moves the ball around, if you've played the game you know you want a player like him in your team.

The stats that show Eriksen had only one assist this season, and lead to people thinking he's not on form show exactly why I disregard stats. His importance to our team cannot be understated, he is the heartbeat, very similar to the great John White, no shouting and waving arms or reckless tackles, just makes space and moves the ball around, if you've played the game you know you want a player like him in your team.
Stats aren't the problem.

Choosing the wrong ones and then blaming them is.

That's what people do, few can look at the whole picture and simply use them to prove their proposision.

I dont care how many assists he has had this season i can see with my own two eyes hes off form and in need of a rest - in fact your post above is the first ive seen that references his assist number as proof of him being off form

Amen brother, stats are fine in some cases but more often then not they can give a false impression by those who use them to fit their own agenda.

But say it quietly on here ;)

Who are these posters?

Why not argue against those arguments when they come up instead of disregarding stats altogether?

I wonder if he might start against Brighton, could do with some minutes before the Christmas period starts.

Poch doesn't like rotating our fab four of Kane, Eriksen, Alli and Son. Would be harsh on Son to drop for him based on his performance against Stoke. The other three are undroppable..

Who are these posters?

Why not argue against those arguments when they come up instead of disregarding stats altogether?

Life is too short, most people just pick the stat they like and use it to enhance their prejudice, they will not change their views as they have preset opinions and are using stats to confirm them.

Life is too short, most people just pick the stat they like and use it to enhance their prejudice, they will not change their views as they have preset opinions and are using stats to confirm them.
I suggest you stop listening to gobby Goons and deluded Dippers, as the only time I’ve heard Eriksen’s assists figures being called into question is when fans of those clubs are trying to “prove” that Ozil and Coutinho are more influential players.

I suggest you stop listening to gobby Goons and deluded Dippers, as the only time I’ve heard Eriksen’s assists figures being called into question is when fans of those clubs are trying to “prove” that Ozil and Coutinho are more influential players.

And spurs7891 who is on a mission to somehow prove that Lamela is more creative than Eriksen even though the stats or any method of measuring creativity and productivity show otherwise.

Sooooooooooo, about Lamela. :oops: Methinks he should be sub again and come on if things arent going our way. Ease him in gently.

I think Lamela is of the same mind. He was saying the other day how physically he's not up to scratch yet and it'll take weeks for him to be back at the level he was when playing regular games, even if he has now reached the threshold where he can go on the pitch.

Poch doesn't like rotating our fab four of Kane, Eriksen, Alli and Son. Would be harsh on Son to drop for him based on his performance against Stoke. The other three are undroppable..

I think we need to rotate a little as we have Brighton, City, Burnley and Southampton in the space of 13 days. They won't be able to play all the games, if they do start and we get a decent lead then I hope some of them come off early tomorrow.

Sooooooooooo, about Lamela. :oops: Methinks he should be sub again and come on if things arent going our way. Ease him in gently.

Still amazed about the expectation that some have of him owning a starting position. For me, he only starts if we're rotating players or playing 4-2-3-1 given that if we're picking our best 3-5-2, he wouldnt play ahead of Kane, Eriksen or Dele. I know its a squad game blab blah blah, but Poch doesnt rotate much and certainly doesnt rotate Kane, eriksen or Dele

Back