• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Having just watched the press conference I don't think he was saying that he actively dislikes it, just that he doesn't like it per se (in a neutral way). Perhaps a little lost in translation?

I would agree, quite a few of our players try outrageous things on occasion, may not have been Poch's playing style, but don't think he does anything to discourage.

I can't see Poch applauding that kind of trickery because it usually comes with a risk of the ball being given away cheaply if it does not work out, which is anathema to Poch's way of playing. And when that happens I imagine it would be a case of beware the wrath of Poch.
In this particular instance I imagine he also does not want to appear to be condoning anything that might appear to be disrespectful to a former player.

I think he's saying he didn't like the whole media circus around it like the Official Site interviewing Rose about it, Lamela posting it on his Instagram etc etc. At the end of the day its just a fudging nutmeg.

I love a nutmeg, normally get a couple in when I play 5-a-side, people nutmeg themselves really, your feet should never be that far apart

Nice words about him from Vertonghen.
"Now he has been fully fit for two years and he is showing us how important he is. If he doesn’t play, we feel his absence. He is an unbelievable player now. Even if he is not scoring or creating goals, he works so hard for the team and I’m very happy he is still here. He never wanted to go back to Italy. He is a soldier and that is why he fits so perfectly into this team. He is maybe the hardest-working player in the squad and he is mentally very strong."

Nice words about him from Vertonghen.
"Now he has been fully fit for two years and he is showing us how important he is. If he doesn’t play, we feel his absence. He is an unbelievable player now. Even if he is not scoring or creating goals, he works so hard for the team and I’m very happy he is still here. He never wanted to go back to Italy. He is a soldier and that is why he fits so perfectly into this team. He is maybe the hardest-working player in the squad and he is mentally very strong."

He is not wrong especially the bolded bit.

Back