• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

I'm unsure about a lot of this chatter as to his final position and incoming transfer talk as it seems Poch's Southampton system didn't use a traditional RWF/LWF approach. For me Lamela will either be tasked with playing in the #10 Lallana role or as the second striker Rodriguez role. I think once we see where Eriksen is deployed we will be able to work out where Lamela will be used. So far Eriksen could be either the #10 or a player in the central three.

I think we'll end up with

-------- XXXXXX --- XXXXXX --------
-------------- ERIKSEN --------------
-- LAMELA -------------- J.RODRIGUEZ
-------------- XXXXXX --------------

I think Lamela---Ade---Eriksen would be a pretty good front 3. From what I've seen posted about Southhampton, one of them (Lamela?) gets up alongside the striker and the other (Eriksen) drifts around a lot more as a creative force. Then we'd get our width from full-backs (and probably also Ade drifting wide).

That combination has some pace and power, all players know where the goal is and they are all pretty good technically.

People talk of various players in and out, but I'd be happy with selling Soldado and bringing in a player closer to Adebayor in terms of attributes. Remy would seem like a decent option. Then something like Townsend--Remy--Holtby as backups. Townsend would need some coaching and Holtby would need to produce as he did at Fulham.

I think we'll end up with

-------- XXXXXX --- XXXXXX --------
-------------- ERIKSEN --------------
-- LAMELA -------------- J.RODRIGUEZ
-------------- XXXXXX --------------

Haha we wish no chance

Haha we wish no chance

Haha, I completely blanked on why you said that but now I notice. I meant Jay Rodriguez, not James :)

CM: Whoever
ACM: Eriksen
RF: Lamela
LF: JAY Rodriguez
ST: Whoever

Can Morata from Real Madrid play that position that Rodriguez did for Poch at Southampton?

Haha, I completely blanked on why you said that but now I notice. I meant Jay Rodriguez, not James :)

ACM: Eriksen
RF: Lamela
LF: JAY Rodriguez
ST: Whoever

Ah I see Yer much more like it thought you might have some itk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Another training session finished. Great work. Come on you Spurs!
Otro entrenamiento terminado.Buen trabajo. Spurs  <a href="http://t.co/LNq5DulZIo">pic.twitter.com/LNq5DulZIo</a></p>&mdash; Erik Manuel Lamela (@Coco_Lamela) <a href="https://twitter.com/Coco_Lamela/statuses/485820216820375552">July 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lets home last season has been put behind him and he can crack on from here.

There looks to be one hell of a player in there, lets hope Poch can help him come alive

It's good that he seems very positive and determined to succeed at Spurs. I was worried that he might be a frightened little lamb and cry off back to Italy, but I like the cut of this kid's jib!

i really like that lamela and the club is making the effort to keep up with his developments.
its great that we have poch now - what could be better for his recovery and reintroduction to the team.
given almost a whole season out, time to taste a few games, get used to the weather, and a somewhat tarhnished ir not suspended reputation, and missing out on the great world cup campaign that argentina is having - i'm betting that lamela will be itching to get those boots on again to play and reassert himself.

After the disastrous first season Erik and Roberto had, we can only hope that 2014/15 will be one for them both to smile about... as they appear to be in their regular social media updates lately, looks like the interior of a Gaucho restaurant...

@Coco_Lamela: Cena con mi amigo @R9Soldado en un restaurante argentino. Dinner with my friend @R9Soldado in Argentina Restaurant.
Br-HWKZCMAEaUZr.jpg

https://twitter.com/Coco_Lamela/status/486256100866809857

What a great smile the kid has, its so nice to see he looks positive ahead of the new season.

Come on Erik......come on Bobby, prove the doubters wrong

Probably both sitting there waiting for their agents to call with the next move for them

;)

I bet out of site in soldados left hand and lamelas right are giant bottle of Saudi Sportswashing Machine brown

I bet out of site in soldados left hand and lamelas right are giant bottle of Saudi Sportswashing Machine brown
Haha you maybe right, looks like they are hiding something naughty

I friggin love Gauchos, the steak there is immense (if mighty pricey), however as much as a i love a good ale, you need to have that steak with a bottle of their argentinian malbec - beautiful

Back