• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

If my boss made a joke like that I'd think it was a highly unprofessional and inappropriate thing to say.

My wife now has people under her :eek::lol: I mean she is now a manager and she has done courses where they teach her management techniques and one of the things you are told is that if you need to have words with a member of staff you take them aside so as not to belittle them in front of others.

I agree it is poor from Sherwood and shows immaturity to me.

My wife now has people under her :eek::lol: I mean she is now a manager and she has done courses where they teach her management techniques and one of the things you are told is that if you need to have words with a member of staff you take them aside so as not to belittle them in front of others.

I agree it is poor from Sherwood and shows immaturity to me.

That word there sums it up. The whole Manuel parallel is belittling and really Sherwood should be publicly supporting the lad.

I've just sub-edited some copy from my boss.

His version:

As a man of a certain age I often feel like that worn, well-loved but decrepit family saloon car sitting on the drive waiting to be carted off the scrap yard – a little sluggish and slightly bent out of shape.

Performance – eyesight, memory, fitness – just aren’t what they used to be when I was in my prime. And with each passing day I discover a new ache or pain. Even the act of sitting down is accompanied by a low groan, while getting back up is often achievement.

My version:

As a man of a certain age I often feel like that worn, well-loved but decrepit family saloon car sitting on the drive waiting to be carted off the scrap yard – a little sluggish and slightly bent out of shape.

Performance – memory, eyesight, fitness, memory – just aren’t what they used to be when I was in my prime. And with each passing day I discover a new ache or pain. Even the act of sitting down is accompanied by a low groan, while getting back up is often achievement.

It would appear that I am still lucky to have my job ...

So Sherwood has written the guys season off despite the fact he will be back in training next week. Sounds like Sherwood doesn't want to play him because he won't be 100% fit but then again we aren't really in the fight for anything so giving the lad a couple of games will be good for his confidence, especially at home on the final day of the season.

For absolutely no legitimate reason whatsoever I am not going to select a 22 year old Argentinian international - who is supposed to be one of the brightest young talents on the planet, and who I haven't even had time to assess because he's been injured for months - at the very time that I'm fighting for my job and need all the help and quality I can find, but nonetheless because I am some special kind of kunt I'm just not going to pick him for random unknown reasons to do with spite and cluelessness and agendas and lolz and you can't make me and anyone wanna buy a used Reliant Robin?

Actual quote from Tim Sherwood. Unbelievable.

Could the board want him playing to get maximum money in the summer? Hope we don't sell him.

Sherwood saying the jury's still out on Lamela. How unprofessional is that? Good grief :lol:

You're the manager of the club Tim, not a poster on an online forum.

Andy Carroll was a better signing for Liverpool than Lamella will be for Spurs.

I'd put him the bin now.

Andy Carroll was a better signing for Liverpool than Lamella will be for Spurs.

I'd put him the bin now.

no way

the speculative potential on the boy that warranted a 30 million pound spend needs to be satisfied to some degree before we do that.

I said before , when the oddly timed injuries started to pile up that he was done for most of the season and probably the whole thing

with the circus act that is going on now i actually think he will get playing time before season is out , he'll have a decent to good game and then potential suitors from the continent will offer to take him off our hands...at which point we will decline unless we get money that that offset a significant amount of you possible losses on the purchase

I have the vision;)

Redknapp!?
Worse than arry.

Harry held grudges unless you made huge effort to man ammends. Of course he had his favorites, but he also knew winning talent when he saw it.
Look at Bale and Bentley - harry knew bale had talent and stuck by him (see lamela), Bentley didn't have the attitude to make his talent worthwhile and was rightly moved on.

I'm not Sherwood will give lamela the platform to develop his talent as his face doesn't fit. Moving to a new country is hard, especially at 22. Lamela probably needs help with that, not vilification.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...aturing-before-the-season-is-out-9267712.html

Tim says he's injured and that there is no chance he will gain match fitness before the end of the season. I do agree with him on one point, the lad has had so little football that he has barely adjusted to the pace of the EPL

So put him on the bench and give him 10-20 mins when appropriate so after pre season he knows about the pace of the lge.

Sherwood is 'old school and short sighted' when it comes to foreign players imho

This "the Spurs hierarchy want Lamela to be played" leak is odd given Sherwood's counter-comments and to me it suggests:

1) Lamela's injury has been over-played a bit and somebody at the club feels he has been ready to play for some weeks

2) Sherwood is just not fussed on playing him as he doesn't see him as that good to warrant the patience of integrating him (remember the "I'm a manager not a babysitter" quotes)

3) The board want him played before the end of the season so he can play himself into the Argentina squad, have an eye-catching WC and then be flogged to Spain or Italy

4) The board/a faction within the board want to create a reason to dismiss Sherwood/make Sherwwod's position untenable

This situation could be media mischief making but the way the journo wrote the article reminded me of the David Hytner Guardian articles that leading up to the AVB sacking; the set of articles taken as a whole had athe air of some authenticity about them...

At the very least I hope it is not option 3)[-o<

This "the Spurs hierarchy want Lamela to be played" leak is odd given Sherwood's counter-comments and to me it suggests:

1) Lamela's injury has been over-played a bit and somebody at the club feels he has been ready to play for some weeks

2) Sherwood is just not fussed on playing him as he doesn't see him as that good to warrant the patience of integrating him (remember the "I'm a manager not a babysitter" quotes)

3) The board want him played before the end of the season so he can play himself into the Argentina squad, have an eye-catching WC and then be flogged to Spain or Italy

4) The board/a faction within the board want to create a reason to dismiss Sherwood/make Sherwwod's position untenable

This situation could be media mischief making but the way the journo wrote the article reminded me of the David Hytner Guardian articles that leading up to the AVB sacking; the set of articles taken as a whole had athe air of some authenticity about them...

At the very least I hope it is not option 3)[-o<

I disagree.

At the very best, Spurs will sell Lamela for what we paid for him (but it would probably be less), which is rather a pointless exercise all round.

He was bought for his potential, rather than as the finished article, so I can see him at Spurs for the foreseeable future.

I disagree.

At the very best, Spurs will sell Lamela for what we paid for him (but it would probably be less), which is rather a pointless exercise all round.

He was bought for his potential, rather than as the finished article, so I can see him at Spurs for the foreseeable future.

I hope you are right and that he is not sold; he is a great player imo.

What do you make of these 'leaks' about the Spurs brass wanting him to be played and Sherwood saying he's not ready? Something doesn't feel right somewhere and it reminds me of the feeling I've had for a while in that Spurs at the higher levels of the club hierarchy are as divided as the fanbase have often been in recent times.

I don't think we'd have similar stories coming out from, say, Arsenal, Liverpool or Manure whereby a 'source on the board' creates a story that contradicts the manager.

Back