• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

Honestly think that if this is punishment then the club are doing everything wrong. Surely the best way to help this lad adapt would be to help him settle in and introducing him to the fans could only help.

****ing Spurs never seem to stop suprising me.

Honestly think that if this is punishment then the club are doing everything wrong. Surely the best way to help this lad adapt would be to help him settle in and introducing him to the fans could only help.

****ing Spurs never seem to stop suprising me.

Lol please don't tell me you actually believe a) he's getting punished for doing keepy-uppies and b) This would be his punishment?!

The conspiracy theories on here are crazy at times....

Please tell me the reason behind pulling him from a PR event then? Maybe he is off after all

Please tell me the reason behind pulling him from a PR event then? Maybe he is off after all

Maybe he got sick?
There is a wealth of opportunities which doesn't involve it meaning him being shipped out.

Lol please don't tell me you actually believe a) he's getting punished for doing keepy-uppies and b) This would be his punishment?!

The conspiracy theories on here are crazy at times....

I would be very surprised if not getting to take part in an even like this was seen as punishment by a player at Lamela's level and exposure.

More likely to be seen as a reward for someone like Kane at a time when people are starting to appreciate him though.

We obviously don't know so we can't tell you. Most likely we'll never know.

Could be that he's off, but I doubt much has changed in that regard since the event was first planned. Most likely it's something relatively innocuous, or perhaps it was seen as an opportunity to reward Harry Kane for some good performances and give him some time with the fans at a good time for him. Probably would get more out of it than Lamela who probably still speaks limited English.

So now people are having a go at Sherwood for a witty response in an interview? **** me some of you need a sense of humour. I am sure Sherwood saying "Que" is taking the **** out of Lamela and it has damaged his already fragile ego and now he is off! travesty! SHocking!! ](*,)](*,)

:lol:

@adampowley: Just seen this on a lamppost. Excuse poor photo pic.twitter.com/WgbFv7Ud8a
BlQveRwIUAAGwbh.jpg

So now people are having a go at Sherwood for a witty response in an interview? **** me some of you need a sense of humour. I am sure Sherwood saying "Que" is taking the **** out of Lamela and it has damaged his already fragile ego and now he is off! travesty! SHocking!! ](*,)](*,)

No, it's got nothing to do with Lamela. He probably won't care.

It's more the fact that he's shown the world that Lamela can't speak english yet and he doesn't really care about it. I'd rather we were doing everything we can to help him settle in and our manager had an idea of how that's going. From his quotes (aside from the 'que' joke) it looks like he doesn't.

It's more the fact that he's shown the world that Lamela can't speak english yet and he doesn't really care about it. I'd rather we were doing everything we can to help him settle in and our manager had an idea of how that's going. From his quotes (aside from the 'que' joke) it looks like he doesn't.

Sorry but 99% of that is on Lamela. I am sure Spurs have provided him with a translator/teacher etc.. all clubs do. It is down to Lamela's desire to learn English nobody can make him learn the language he has to want to do it and apply himself. I don't see what Sherwood has to do with it, not like it is his job to teach the boy the language

Sorry but 99% of that is on Lamela. I am sure Spurs have provided him with a translator/teacher etc.. all clubs do. It is down to Lamela's desire to learn English nobody can make him learn the language he has to want to do it and apply himself. I don't see what Sherwood has to do with it, not like it is his job to teach the boy the language

It's certainly not his job to make fun of one of his own players. Some of the stuff he says makes you think he's deliberately trying to make players want to leave. What happened to building up players' confidences and making them want to play for you?

It's certainly not his job to make fun of one of his own players. Some of the stuff he says makes you think he's deliberately trying to make players want to leave. What happened to building up players' confidences and making them want to play for you?

This is mi issue with Sherwood. He seems like a bit of a slimey **** that will stab you in the back - not the kind of person you want around unless you are "one of his boys". We all know the type.

Have they though? I expected they would too but it doesn't sound like it from Sherwood's quotes. But if they have, then yes its up to Lamela to work hard and learn the language.

However, if this is the case, when asked about his English why not respond 'we've provided someone at the club for him to work with, in all honesty he's struggling at the moment but we'll work with him until he gets there' instead of 'Que?'

It's not his job to teach him English but it is his job to get him to do what he wants him to do on a football pitch. That would be a lot easier if you speak the same language, and I can't see TS learning Spanish any time soon*

*all of this might be completely pointless when TS goes in the summer.

Objection.

That is pure conjecture.

What do you mean, you've already hanged him? :eek:

You guys have seen Fawlty Towers, haven't you?

It was just a throwaway joke. A bit like when AVB called an embarrassing thrashing something like "a very expressive result"; he'd obviously seen previews of the W1A BBC series* and was sending up meaningless, barely comprehensible management gobbledigook.

* Yes, it's open season on conjecture.

Come the day, Eric will emerge like a butterfly from it's chrysalis, speaking far better English than his (former) manager, and do everything we had ever hoped for.

Oh, sorry. I was just having a lovely dream. I'll lay my Sainsbury schools voucher he never plays for us again.

It's a lovely dream.

Unfortunately, at the moment, Erik is putting the lame into Lamela.

That's lame as in "injured", not as in "pathetic".

You guys have seen Fawlty Towers, haven't you?

It was just a throwaway joke. A bit like when AVB called an embarrassing thrashing something like "a very expressive result"; he'd obviously seen previews of the W1A BBC series* and was sending up meaningless, barely comprehensible management gobbledigook.

* Yes, it's open season on conjecture.

Exactly, it really was something of nothing. If your boss made a joke like that in the office you wouldn't think anything of it, and I doubt anyone at our club has either. For some reason some on here some choose to make issues of things that happen at our club that are no big deal at all, but like to make something of it. Maybe its boredom....

If my boss made a joke like that I'd think it was a highly unprofessional and inappropriate thing to say.

Back