• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

Yes, yes I do.

You think that Tim Sherwood, auditioning for a once in a lifetime job is going to **** the boss off by discarding a player he's just invested £26m in. As for what Sherwood has spouted, how about when he said Lamela has immense talent and can see him playing off the front when he's back? What was that then? A cover up while he has him locked away in his dungeon?

I'm done with this now, it's stupid and it's my bed time.

Fair enough. As stupid as the theory that TS lets Levy pick the team. TS sees himself (rightly or wrongly) as a manager. Likely his own man as well. Why start off as a puppet??

Anyway Night-night, don't let the bed-bugs bite;)

I am genuinely shocked at the types of things people are willing to believe about Sherwood because of their personal views of him....the conspiracy theories are quite incredible (and sadly quite numerous) at this point. Frankly, not a single one of them makes any sense.

said it from the start

when the season is over and the pressure is off and no one expects anything from this kid ,THREN he'll come back to start the gradual process into the team

I think that time has already come actually. The next bunch of matches don't mean a whole lot unless EL qualification is a coveted prize and even if it is, then I think the time is perfect for him. If he was fit.

I think that time has already come actually. The next bunch of matches don't mean a whole lot unless EL qualification is a coveted prize and even if it is, then I think the time is perfect for him. If he was fit.

i agree

the pressure should be right off now....i would expect to see quite a bit of him in comparison to what we have seen so far between now and the end of the season

i agree

the pressure should be right off now....i would expect to see quite a bit of him in comparison to what we have seen so far between now and the end of the season

Only if Timmeh lets Lamela finally come out of the buried casket he's been locked up in since he last played.

i agree

Wouldn't the fairly poisonous atmosphere that is currently surrounding the club be detrimental to his development? I can imagine a mistake being punished more heavily by the fans now than in the summer with a new manager and renewed optimism.

As a fan I'd like to see this lad get some game time and wouldn't care about the odd little mistake as I'm aware he has barely played this year. Surely I'm not the only one

Wouldn't the fairly poisonous atmosphere that is currently surrounding the club be detrimental to his development? I can imagine a mistake being punished more heavily by the fans now than in the summer with a new manager and renewed optimism.

I think the fans would be pretty lenient toward Lamela, like they have been the majority of times he has played. It would be Sherwood's comments that would worry me

I am genuinely shocked at the types of things people are willing to believe about Sherwood because of their personal views of him....the conspiracy theories are quite incredible (and sadly quite numerous) at this point. Frankly, not a single one of them makes any sense.

Agree completely it's pathetic! He's a caretaker manager ffs and he's not don't much worse if any than the previous guy this season!

no i think lamela being removed from all the shenanigans thats been going on, as well as him not being played contributing towards the fans fury, that the fans will look favourably on him and give him time and praise every little thing he does...when he makes a mistake or doesnt have a good game there will pretty much be a long line of VERY valid reasons now why he hasnt taken the league by storm

i think he will be fine. HE has the support..alot of the player ...even established ones will not....as they have been part of the poor showing as well

no i think lamela being removed from all the shenanigans thats been going on, as well as him not being played contributing towards the fans fury, that the fans will look favourably on him and give him time and praise every little thing he does...when he makes a mistake or doesnt have a good game there will pretty much be a long line of VERY valid reasons now why he hasnt taken the league by storm

i think he will be fine. HE has the support..alot of the player ...even established ones will not....as they have been part of the poor showing as well

I hope so, I'd like him to do well and I'd really like to see him start doing so this season.

Agree completely it's pathetic! He's a caretaker manager ffs and he's not don't much worse if any than the previous guy this season!

He's not a caretaker manager in anyway (other than it's likely he'll be relieved of his position quickly)

The only conspiracy theory I hear is that he's a **** manager ..

He's not a caretaker manager in anyway (other than it's likely he'll be relieved of his position quickly)

The only conspiracy theory I hear is that he's a **** manager ..

Really? You can't be listening too hard then because in the last few weeks alone, I've heard:

Eriksen and Sherwood had a falling out. That is the only reason he couldn't be playing (only for him to not play for Denmark and then come back and play for us in the next game)
Adebayor wasn't injured for the Benefica 2nd leg. He pretended to be injured under Tim's instructions because Sherwood decided we had already lost and so decided to rest important players for the league games. A plan so genius that we're still to this moment waiting for Adebayor's return.
Sherwood threw the 2nd leg of the Benefica game because he thought we were already out. As above, he sent out a reserve team cos then the inevitable thrashing that he thought was about to happen would be less embarrassing for him.
Lamela isn't injured (though to be fair, this one has been around since AVB's time).

Sherwood being a **** manager isn't a conspiracy theory, it is fact. We will thankfully be seeing the back of this mug in 5 games.

However, in the past few weeks especially, many otherwise sensible posters have taken complete leave of their senses.

What if some people believe that Sherwood is just ****ing **** and has no idea how to manage people, let alone football players? Is that genuinely shocking too?

I truly disliked avb and thought his appointment was a mistake from the beginning. He was too cautious and his lack of courage was his downfall in the end.

However, he was a far better manager than TS and I'd like to think that Levy has several sleepless nights thinking about his decision to give Sherwood the reigns in December!
If he doesn#t Levy needs to go too!

Really? You can't be listening too hard then because in the last few weeks alone, I've heard:

Eriksen and Sherwood had a falling out. That is the only reason he couldn't be playing (only for him to not play for Denmark and then come back and play for us in the next game)
Adebayor wasn't injured for the Benefica 2nd leg. He pretended to be injured under Tim's instructions because Sherwood decided we had already lost and so decided to rest important players for the league games. A plan so genius that we're still to this moment waiting for Adebayor's return.
Sherwood threw the 2nd leg of the Benefica game because he thought we were already out. As above, he sent out a reserve team cos then the inevitable thrashing that he thought was about to happen would be less embarrassing for him.
Lamela isn't injured (though to be fair, this one has been around since AVB's time).

Sherwood being a **** manager isn't a conspiracy theory, it is fact. We will thankfully be seeing the back of this mug in 5 games.

However, in the past few weeks especially, many otherwise sensible posters have taken complete leave of their senses.

Sorry but what you've heard sounds like a predictable load of rubbish that schoolkids would make up....

Back