• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I know what our problem is...

Re: Just sussed what our problem is...

5g2v.jpg

Quite.​

Think the people here need to slow down a bit. I'm not pro TS nor pro AVB. Levy more than likely has an idea as to who is going to take over in the summer, this guy has been brought it because (my opinion) our choice rebuffed us in preference of staying with their current employer until the summer. Unless TS goes the next 20 games unbeaten, finishing with a very solid looking team he will be replaced come the summer, so chill out a little. If the guy sticks with this system for longer than a month then he will have proven himself to be as stubborn as his predecessor, blinded by his love for a system despite results and perfomances disproving it.

3 games in charge, with a heap of players injured and you've come to the conclusion that our manager is crap.
You Mystic Meg or something?

Think the people here need to slow down a bit. I'm not pro TS nor pro AVB. Levy more than likely has an idea as to who is going to take over in the summer, this guy has been brought it because (my opinion) our choice rebuffed us in preference of staying with their current employer until the summer. Unless TS goes the next 20 games unbeaten, finishing with a very solid looking team he will be replaced come the summer, so chill out a little. If the guy sticks with this system for longer than a month then he will have proven himself to be as stubborn as his predecessor, blinded by his love for a system despite results and perfomances disproving it.

I have a feeling that TS will get the end of the season and everything will be evaluated. At the end of the day I cannot imagine that paying up TS' contract off would be too costly and no doubt he will continue his role as tech dir.

I don't recall that?

Then either you weren't on this board at the time or you've got VERY bad memory lol

Just to remind you our fisrt 3 games last season:

Saudi Sportswashing Machine 2 - Spurs 1 (late penalty conceded)
Spurs 1 West Brom 1 (late equaliser conceded)
Spurs 1 Norwich 1 (another late equaliser)

Then either you weren't on this board at the time or you've got VERY bad memory lol

Just to remind you our fisrt 3 games last season:

Saudi Sportswashing Machine 2 - Spurs 1 (late penalty conceded)
Spurs 1 West Brom 1 (late equaliser conceded)
Spurs 1 Norwich 1 (another late equaliser)

Fella I've been on this board since about 2002. Admittedly I'm getting on a bit so the old brain ain't what it used to be.

hahah none taken mate.

I was trying to think back to my earliest recollection of this place and it would have been the time of the Bobby Convey visa saga, Morients 'will he won't he?' and Rivaldo's letter.

hahah none taken mate.

I was trying to think back to my earliest recollection of this place and it would have been the time of the Bobby Convey visa saga, Morients 'will he won't he?' and Rivaldo's letter.

Oh GHod, how times have changed for us (or are we heading back there, please GHod no)

having the right manager is so key, compare palace with pulis or holloway, today's result notwithstanding, everton are a much more dangerous animal under martinez than moyes, fulham look so much more confident with that rene bloke, the numerous international breaks didnt help either, its the last thing u need when u are trying to get a team with lots of new players to gel

Average players +
Average manager +
Average chairman +
Average performance +
Average results =
-----------------------------
Tottenham 2013/14

:-"

For me our problem is pace

We have plenty of it, but we dont use it when we should. Too much playing on 2nd or 3rd moves, thats okay, but not every time. Adebayor is a good example of this. Too many times he instead of feeding the wingers first time, he turns and plays back or sideways. Its not just him, but i often notice him doing this.

Under Redknapp we usually played directly forward, pushing the opposition when they still werent in balance.

Ofc this means we need to get our pass quality up, but that is just down to concentration.

For me our problem is pace

We have plenty of it, but we dont use it when we should. Too much playing on 2nd or 3rd moves, thats okay, but not every time. Adebayor is a good example of this. Too many times he instead of feeding the wingers first time, he turns and plays back or sideways. Its not just him, but i often notice him doing this.

Under Redknapp we usually played directly forward, pushing the opposition when they still werent in balance.

Ofc this means we need to get our pass quality up, but that is just down to concentration.
Very good observation. I am surprised no one here has followed up this post with their own thoughts. Everyone must be too busy squabbling over why AVB was sacked!

We should be a lot better next season, assuming we don't start over again and bring in a boat load of more new players.

Back