• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I know what our problem is...

For me our problem is pace

We have plenty of it, but we dont use it when we should. Too much playing on 2nd or 3rd moves, thats okay, but not every time. Adebayor is a good example of this. Too many times he instead of feeding the wingers first time, he turns and plays back or sideways. Its not just him, but i often notice him doing this.

Under Redknapp we usually played directly forward, pushing the opposition when they still werent in balance.

Ofc this means we need to get our pass quality up, but that is just down to concentration.

For me our main problem is creating proper chances against organized teams. Pace is helpful, but skill on the ball, tempo, movement, passing ability etc is much more important. We need more Eriksen, more Lamela and not really all that much pace in those situations.

For the counter attacking opportunities you talk of it's about passing quality, but that's not juts down to concentration. Players like Huddlestone and Modric could outpass Dembele, Sandro, Paulinho and Capoue with their eyes closed. It's about skill to quickly move the ball with extreme accuracy, about skill to consistently get your first touch right to take the ball in your stride and skill to create that little bit of space to create space for the pass. This is not just a concentration thing.

Quality of the passing is poor, for me.

Player A gets ball, plays a sloppy ball into player B, who's immediately under pressure, as he tries to control and release to player C. Ends playing a poor ball to player C, who never receives it, or ends up losing it as soon as he does.
Happened loads of times against WBA, and always happened with rubber face.

No synchronization.

Sometimes it really frustrated me when i see either Rose or Walker (or Lennon and Townsend) tried too hard to bring the ball down the line when 2-3 defenders were standing there . It ended up either a poor delivery (because you hardly put in a good cross under such 1 vs 2 /3 situation) or loss of possession (goal-kick / interception / opponent's throw-in.

But i won't completely blame them as i think everyone should take part of the responsibility as they do not show themselves enough. If there's no one you can pass to then its understandable that you decided to go on your own.

What annoyed me is why couldn't we do the simple stuff . If you watch Liverpool and Man United what they are doing is just pass, move , show as a option , not go overhead , not try too hard .
At the same time even we are able to create the chances most of them actually came from a hard fight (for example Rose bring the ball down the line after passing 2 players then put in a cross) . In my view it is understandable why the final product / the quality of delivery has not been good enough / has been in-consistence because most of the time we do not work good enough to create a good spacing / comfortable position which allow we to put in a good delivery.

While our attacking is mainly rely on the flanks and crossing , the outcome is below par and not effective .

Back