• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I know its wrong, but......

I completely agree with GrimsbyYid, but the sad fact is that in some areas, especially in London there are people who would shoot you for not coming from the same postcode as them. I for one would not go into an area and start taunting and abusing the locals and think that there would not be someone who would want to cause me serious harm. Celebrating is one thing but there are not many places where you can behave like that and not expect someone wanting to fight you. Luckily football has moved on a long way from the dark days of the late 70`s and early 80`s and you can travel to and from grounds relatively safely these days but I`m sure anyone who travels to away games know there are still dodgy areas at certain grounds.

As Crawley said " but the way these guys were acting, they were obviously looking for someone to call it on. And that annoyed me." I`m all for celebrating and singing but these fans were giving it on a well camered up place safe in the knowledge no one would do anything. I bet none of them would walk down Tottenham High Rd after midnight on their own let alone taunt anyone. I can totally emphsise with where Crawley was coming from in his original post

Agreed. Spurs have rightly got a good reputation for NOT 'bullying' shirters/scarfers but if the shoe was on the other foot & i was in a group of 5-6 and 'rubbing it in' at WHU/CFC or MFC or some of the well known northern grounds i would fully expect some brick to come our way.

Sorry Crawley but I completely disagree. There is nothing glorious about a bunch of over zealous simpletons waging their petty turf wars and ruining the day for other people. To trot out the old cliché, you don't see that behaviour at rugby matches... But clichés exist for a reason, because they are normally grounded in truth andthe truth is, there are some pretty thick people that watch football.

Pack mentality, camaraderie, the thrill of the battle... WALOB, the battle is on the football pitch and involves 22 players that are not you or me, it's their competition and we're merely spectators.

Not an attack on you Crawley, but I really cannot abide hooliganism. If you want to fight, take it to a gym and try to win a couple medals whilst you're at it... I'll tell you now, a gold medal after kicking someone's arse in front of a crowd of fight fans is much more fun than getting bottled on a train platform.

Sorry Crawley but I completely disagree. There is nothing glorious about a bunch of over zealous simpletons waging their petty turf wars and ruining the day for other people. To trot out the old cliché, you don't see that behaviour at rugby matches... But clichés exist for a reason, because they are normally grounded in truth andthe truth is, there are some pretty thick people that watch football.

Pack mentality, camaraderie, the thrill of the battle... WALOB, the battle is on the football pitch and involves 22 players that are not you or me, it's their competition and we're merely spectators.

Not an attack on you Crawley, but I really cannot abide hooliganism. If you want to fight, take it to a gym and try to win a couple medals whilst you're at it... I'll tell you now, a gold medal after kicking someone's arse in front of a crowd of fight fans is much more fun than getting bottled on a train platform.

Is that the course of action he was actually advocating? I doubt it.

Re; this thread.........
some obviously saw the point I was trying to make, others quite rightly pointed out how it came across.

It was meant to be merely a reference to the "old days" when away fans shut up when outside the ground (mostly) and certainly would not attempt to see if anyone was interested in the middle of WHL station (home turf).

I'm also glad that football is relatively safe to attend now, and am pleased my kids don't have to experience what I witnessed (and, admittedly at times, joined in with) during the 70s/80s.

Next time I post something like this, I'll clear the alcohol out of my system first. promise. 8-[

Re; this thread.........
some obviously saw the point I was trying to make, others quite rightly pointed out how it came across.

It was meant to be merely a reference to the "old days" when away fans shut up when outside the ground (mostly) and certainly would not attempt to see if anyone was interested in the middle of WHL station (home turf).

I'm also glad that football is relatively safe to attend now, and am pleased my kids don't have to experience what I witnessed (and, admittedly at times, joined in with) during the 70s/80s.

Next time I post something like this, I'll clear the alcohol out of my system first. promise. 8-[

No worries mate, it's just when you have nights like walking past the Leeds Zoo in the cup the other season, it really reminds you what things used to be like... Not good. I definitely have no love lost for those sorts of nights. I actually like that you can have two groups of fans outsinging each other on a train without people looking to give it some slipper nowadays.

No worries mate, it's just when you have nights like walking past the Leeds Zoo in the cup the other season, it really reminds you what things used to be like... Not good. I definitely have no love lost for those sorts of nights. I actually like that you can have two groups of fans outsinging each other on a train without people looking to give it some slipper nowadays.

Are you referring to the replay at their place? I was there, and that certainly wasn't a 'fun' experience at all!

Have to agree with this.

I used to know someone who regularly got into trouble at football matches both domestically, and abroad whilst following England. I once asked him why he felt the need to get into fights when he followed England, he said "you've gotta fight for ya country ain't ya." I responded with "No you haven't, your not fighting for me."

Are you referring to the replay at their place? I was there, and that certainly wasn't a 'fun' experience at all!
Probably the home game - where most of the Leeds fans were banging the metal gratings and acting like a bunch of monkeys when coming out of their end. Then, a few Spurs fans and Leeds fans went at each other across the police lines and they squeezed us into the wall on the other side of Park Lane.

Either way - I went to both. Didn't get much trouble at the away game but you could definitely tell a lot of people were going around looking for a spark.

No, but that's what generally happens when a mob of people start attacking each other after a few beers. It isn't Queensbury is it.
For sure, you never know what a bunch of tinkled up football fans will do - regardless of what their daytime job is etc. The only time I feel like giving someone a smack at football is when those ****s from West London start lauding it about the holocaust. That is just fudging sick.

You can stick your iPhone and your Windows 8, the day someone invents a breathyliser that attaches to a keyboard there's a few of us on this board will be helping him along the way to his first £billion.

Probably the home game - where most of the Leeds fans were banging the metal gratings and acting like a bunch of monkeys when coming out of their end. Then, a few Spurs fans and Leeds fans went at each other across the police lines and they squeezed us into the wall on the other side of Park Lane.

Either way - I went to both. Didn't get much trouble at the away game but you could definitely tell a lot of people were going around looking for a spark.

You were lucky then! Even after holding us in the ground for half an hour there were still plenty of them waiting to have a pop at us outside, and the police struggled to stop them tbh!

I don't have too much of an issue with 'hooligans' who keep it strictly between themselves. It's these sorts of attacks/intimidation tactics on random/'normal' fans that sicken me.

When I visit a ground outside the premier league (with the exception of Stamford Bridge), I try to adopt the classic "grey man" pose, trying to blend in to any scene or situation without standing out. It worked at Leeds that famous snowy night and once out of the away end at Chelsea.

When I visit a ground outside the premier league (with the exception of Stamford Bridge), I try to adopt the classic "grey man" pose, trying to blend in to any scene or situation without standing out. It worked at Leeds that famous snowy night and once out of the away end at Chelsea.

This.

I had a Crawley moment or two at todays game. I was in the seat next to the carrot crunchers in the PL Upper & basically bit my lip for all of the first half in the face of loads of verbals. Eventually i gave them a bit back & the steward was straight on me. Told me to calm down & that i was getting 'over excited' LOL. There is middle aged me on my Jack Jones & a mere 5 feet away are loads of them standing up, giving verbals & offering everyone out but i am the one that gets warned. You couldn't make it up.

Should be Spurs motto. Pay up, sit down, shut up.

fudging joke.

Back