• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I know its wrong, but......

Crawley

Board Legend
I miss the old days.

Today, going home, there were a bunch of half-a-dozen Baggies lads on the platform at WHL, giving it loads, taunting, singing baggies songs, and obviously looking round to see if anyone was interested.

Everyone, including me, just walked past them. Long gone are the days when someone would have gone up and had a pop.

Like I say, wrong but..............I'm sure there's one or two here who would never have stood for that? Took all my willpower to walk past them, albeit with a stare and a mutter!!!!
(Tough, huh?)

I am going to be back over in November. Probably getting to Eastlands and effeminates. if I can get you a ticket for Eastlands, interested? It's a cracking day out and plenty of laughs to be had...BTW, i know exactly what you're saying!

They've got absolutely nothing to sing about, let's be honest. It's one of those things - say they were Chelsea fans giving it on the platform, they would have probably got a slap and told to fudge off down the High Road. But because it's West Brom most people don't really give a brick. It works both ways, like me and a few mates going to away grounds and singing whatever we want all the way to the ground and no-one batting an eyelid about it.

I am going to be back over in November. Probably getting to Eastlands and effeminates. if I can get you a ticket for Eastlands, interested? It's a cracking day out and plenty of laughs to be had...BTW, i know exactly what you're saying!

I don't think I have a chance in November. I think I'm flying in from Antigua on the morning of the Emirates Marketing Project game. 8)

I miss the old days.

Today, going home, there were a bunch of half-a-dozen Baggies lads on the platform at WHL, giving it loads, taunting, singing baggies songs, and obviously looking round to see if anyone was interested.

Everyone, including me, just walked past them. Long gone are the days when someone would have gone up and had a pop.

Like I say, wrong but..............I'm sure there's one or two here who would never have stood for that? Took all my willpower to walk past them, albeit with a stare and a mutter!!!!
(Tough, huh?)

I agree.

Not condoning violence obviously, but we shouldn't allow other teams fans, especially the likes of West fudging Brom to take the tinkle!

I agree.

Not condoning violence obviously, but we shouldn't allow other teams fans, especially the likes of West fudging Brom to take the tinkle!

Errr.... why are they taking the tinkle?

Out for the day following your team at a different ground. Particularly if you're a smaller team, that sort of stuff is just what anyone would do. It's not like they were lined up taking a tinkle on the stadium.

So the fans of a small insignificant team like West Brom cant celebrate when they play well and deservedly take a point, away, against a big team (to them) like Spurs ? You think this is them mocking our team ? You want to punch them for being happy ? If your annoyed at anyone it should be our own manager and certain players who let us down yesterday.

Go back to the 70's.

When I was on my way home there was a big punch up on the corner of White hart Lane and the High Road it looked like some baggies fans who were giving it large had been ambushed and were getting a real pasting. I dont condone this sort of thing but if you go away and do things like that you`ve got to expect something to happen.

So the fans of a small insignificant team like West Brom cant celebrate when they play well and deservedly take a point, away, against a big team (to them) like Spurs ? You think this is them mocking our team ? You want to punch them for being happy ? If your annoyed at anyone it should be our own manager and certain players who let us down yesterday.

Go back to the 70's.

Nothing of the sort was thought or said. You have misunderstood the OP completely.

Go back to the 70's.

You obviously only took from the OP what you chose to coz I don't read, "giving it, taunting...and looking around to see if anyone is interested." and picture fans celebrating playing well and being happy.

The whole context of the post was stating that he knew what he was thinking was wrong but would they have gotten away with it years ago and the obvious answer is no. My point of view is that they are the mildly tough kids who offer out the smaller kids but if a bigger kid says do you want some they politely decline - I guarantee that if someone went up to them and asked if they wanted to sort it out somewhere a bit less public than the camera'ed up train station that they'd have shat a brick.

Yes, he did. But it was funny seeing him get all superior, nonetheless:)

You wrote it and posted it, and I would say that the post was open to exactly the interpretation that he put to it. (or why the self depracating remark about how tough you were?)

Perhaps if you edited it and made it clear, then you wouldn't have to patronise him for his justifiable remark.

I love were football has come in that regard. There was a big punch up because they were "giving it", and when you go away you should pet that sort of thing? Oh my fudging GHod. Seem baggies fans were singing and taunting? Taunting? How dare they. I can't believe they weren't all smashed to pieces. By its okay because everyone adds their little caveat of "I don't condone that sort of thing. BUT...." I love it when I see football fans singing and having a good time, who gives a fudge, yeah we all have anger when we lose or whatever, but it sickens me what football used to be like, it sickens me when I see footy fans getting violent because of a fudging sport. The sooner this primitive mentality has gone for good the better. fudge the old days.

You wrote it and posted it, and I would say that the post was open to exactly the interpretation that he put to it. (or why the self depracating remark about how tough you were?)

Perhaps if you edited it and made it clear, then you wouldn't have to patronise him for his justifiable remark.

Pot, kettle, black.

Lets face it Mick, you are simply looking for any chance to have a dig back after the alleged "ganging up" the other day.

My post was what it was. It's frustrating that :
A) We (our team) allowed WBA to get something and give the travelling fans something to sing about
B) That travelling fans feel confident enough to mock the home support like this on their own turf

I, and many others here, come from an era when as the away support, you knew your place, win lose or draw.
I never said i wanted someone to kick the crap out of them, with families and kids all looking on, but the way these guys were acting, they were obviously looking for someone to call it on. And that annoyed me.

More than anything, I simply wish we'd not given them cause to celebrate.

Pot, kettle, black.

Lets face it Mick, you are simply looking for any chance to have a dig back after the alleged "ganging up" the other day.

My post was what it was. It's frustrating that :
A) We (our team) allowed WBA to get something and give the travelling fans something to sing about
B) That travelling fans feel confident enough to mock the home support like this on their own turf

I, and many others here, come from an era when as the away support, you knew your place, win lose or draw.
I never said i wanted someone to kick the crap out of them, with families and kids all looking on, but the way these guys were acting, they were obviously looking for someone to call it on. And that annoyed me.

More than anything, I simply wish we'd not given them cause to celebrate.

I save my patronising remarks for people who say stupid things, not people who look at what I say and misunderstand what I was trying to say. I've worked out that if people misinterpret my opinions or comments, then there is probably sufficient blame laid at my door for not explaining myself properly.

Whether you choose to accept it - or not, your original post reads that you thought they deserved a hiding.

Your second post doesn't.

I have better things to do than start tit for tat mud slinging Roger, particularly with you, as I happen to think that you are an excellent poster - mostly. I'm 54 Roger, and have been attending football matches for over 40 years now - I know exactly what the "etiquette" is, and its based around mindless violence inflicted by numerically superior home fans, rather than some mystical protocols.

It would have annoyed me as well. For exactly the same reasons..............

I love were football has come in that regard. There was a big punch up because they were "giving it", and when you go away you should pet that sort of thing? Oh my fudging GHod. Seem baggies fans were singing and taunting? Taunting? How dare they. I can't believe they weren't all smashed to pieces. By its okay because everyone adds their little caveat of "I don't condone that sort of thing. BUT...." I love it when I see football fans singing and having a good time, who gives a fudge, yeah we all have anger when we lose or whatever, but it sickens me what football used to be like, it sickens me when I see footy fans getting violent because of a fudging sport. The sooner this primitive mentality has gone for good the better. fudge the old days.

I completely agree with GrimsbyYid, but the sad fact is that in some areas, especially in London there are people who would shoot you for not coming from the same postcode as them. I for one would not go into an area and start taunting and abusing the locals and think that there would not be someone who would want to cause me serious harm. Celebrating is one thing but there are not many places where you can behave like that and not expect someone wanting to fight you. Luckily football has moved on a long way from the dark days of the late 70`s and early 80`s and you can travel to and from grounds relatively safely these days but I`m sure anyone who travels to away games know there are still dodgy areas at certain grounds.

As Crawley said " but the way these guys were acting, they were obviously looking for someone to call it on. And that annoyed me." I`m all for celebrating and singing but these fans were giving it on a well camered up place safe in the knowledge no one would do anything. I bet none of them would walk down Tottenham High Rd after midnight on their own let alone taunt anyone. I can totally emphsise with where Crawley was coming from in his original post

Back