• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I aint no Sheikh-but lets talk weather

Close to my old neck of the woods too... Up near Lulworth was me.

Is that Lulworth cove?

Are you old enough to remember the tragedy there in the 70s when a school party got crushed by falling rock?
That was a group from my school. We lost our geography head teacher, and two of the victims were brothers of classmates of mine. Terrible.

I never heard of that accident. I was on a geography field trip in 1978. It does not surprise me, the erosion due to the number of visitors

Thunderstorms on their way, can't wait. Just heard the first rumble in the distance. \o/

Thunderstorms on their way, can't wait. Just heard the first rumble in the distance. \o/

I love as good storm too. In 1990 we had a similar run of weather in the august and the storms were epic.
I just moved my garden pot plants under the table. They are the only bits of colour in the whole garden....

A couple of years a go a tree 50 yards or so from my house got struck. The noise was fantastic. Nearly brick myself but still fantastic.

I love as good storm too. In 1990 we had a similar run of weather in the august and the storms were epic.
I just moved my garden pot plants under the table. They are the only bits of colour in the whole garden....

Anyone remember that storm in September 1987 which flattened large parts of the country. An entire avenue of mature oak trees came crashing down at my school.

I was at the shops yesterday and past a stand with some deodorant on special. There were blue bottles and white bottles. The white bottle said it was for sensitive skin and to relieve stress. I have fragile skin, and the occasional stress, so thought that one will do me.

Put it on this morning and went off to work.

I now realise it is women's deodorant.

Still nice though.

I live in Somerset and the storm in the night was absolutely mental. Never seen anything like it. It was constant strobing for about an hour. Something must have got hit pretty close sounded like a gun shot, gave me a bit of a fright! House and car alarms going off everywhere and somehow it turned all our heating on!

No trains to London for me this morning, total signalling failure due to the storms lastnight, looking like a day working from home for me...

Had 2 almost biblical rain showers in Essex since 6am, hope the forecast is right for it to bugger off as Ive got a golf day today starting from 10am in Romford

In 20 years of working in the city I dont think Ive experience such a hot and humid day as yesterday was, wowzers !!!

Currently tinkling down at Tower Bridge. With thunder and lightning thrown if for good measure

Been heavy in North London and Enfield all day. Gonna be nice on Monday but reckon too soft for a garden BBQ?

Back