• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I aint no Sheikh-but lets talk weather

Bobby George ‏@BobbyGeorge180

good flight back from Holland..... now stranded on the runway at Stansted in the snow! #dontcareryanair

If there's one person you probably wouldn't imagine to be on twitter it would be Bobby George!?

Down it comes again in Crawley. Heavy and settling too.

Looks like it will all be washed away saturday night/sunday morning though

There is a definite change happening with the weather (and i don't believe the global warming conspiracy).

When I moved to Crawley back in 1986, heavy snowfalls were few and far. In fact, we went a number of winters with nothing at all.
But the last 4 years have seen a very different pattern. Granted, last year wasn't too bad but the two before that, and now this year all point to a change.

Certainly feel there is more to come this winter

Wow never seen snow like it up here!! there are whole roads completly buried in snow to the top of the hedges. Great fun.

Everyday = Sodding freezing... So bored of this winter... I think I have that Seasonal Thingy Disorder!

Just booked a holiday in Greece to cheer me up :)

Cant see my golf weekend to the Belfry being on 2 weeks on saturday, ridiculous weather, does my swede in

Marky, i was due up Saudi Sportswashing Machine to visit my dad this week. We had 5 rounds booked in and some reservations at some lovely restaurants and we've had to cancel. Gutted.

My course is open and dry down here but my GHod is it cold!

Hope my golf on 27/28th April is ok at Woodhall Spa.

Well Essex is F*ing cold so I imagine London is the same.

I'm sick of this snow as well now, but anyone that says this is proof of global warming is talking nonsense. Here's some events for you...

On 25 September 1895 snow was reported to have fallen at London and Wallington in Surrey making it the earliest fall of snow on the capital.
On 2 June 1975 snow showers forced the abandonment of several cricket matches across the country.
The snowiest winter of the twentieth century in the United Kingdom was 1947. Between 22 January and 17 March snow fell every day somewhere in the country.

Were all these weird events caused by global warming or is it just that weather is constantly changing? I suspect in a few years we'll start a new spell of warm winters and it wont snow for 5-10 years or something and then everyone will claim that's global warming too.

Back