• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Humble Pie Transfers

In addition to this i remember signing Ben Thatcher thinking he would be the perfect full back for us as he would add steel and grit to our softies .... completely ignored the lack of talent.

Not really transfers but I thought that Southampton would struggle last season and that Ranieri was the wrong appointment for Leicester.

Not really transfers but I thought that Southampton would struggle last season and that Ranieri was the wrong appointment for Leicester.

I thought Monk would be an instant disaster at Swansea, I thought Fabianski would single handedly take them down.

I thought that Suarez would be the biggest flop of 2013/2014... he ended up as Premier League Top Goalscorer. I think I chose him partly because of his antics, and partly because in choosing a flop, you have to select someone who will be due a fall from grace. Suarez just seems to get better and better, yes he has wild antics to put it mildly, but he must be comfortably in the top 10 of World Players at the moment.

When I opened this thread I thought that you were going to say that you were wrong about Poch.

I'll cheerfully admit to being wrong about him. I couldn't see any reason why he should have been awarded the job and was desperate for Frank De Boer. I'll hold my hands up and say I was mistaken, and am delighted to do so.

I'll cheerfully admit to being wrong about him. I couldn't see any reason why he should have been awarded the job and was desperate for Frank De Boer. I'll hold my hands up and say I was mistaken, and am delighted to do so.
Same here, but if Poch ends up not signing a new contract, I'd like FdB as his replacement.

Bobby Convey - I remember several moaning about the visa system, eligibility and how every 'Sky four' team would have been allowed to sign him. He was supposed to be the US wonderkid, right? And now he's, where? Working at a 7eleven?

Bobby Convey - I remember several moaning about the visa system, eligibility and how every 'Sky four' team would have been allowed to sign him. He was supposed to be the US wonderkid, right? And now he's, where? Working at a 7eleven?

Spent 5 years at Reading before going back to the MLS.

Back