• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hull Ratings

Im sorry so winning a game of football isnt enough? The players worked hard, you cant accuse any of them for not trying, the average age of our starting line up was 25. There was a lack of penetration in the final third, but credit a Hull side who have started the season very well. To give anyone in a winning team lower than a 6 is pathetic in my opinion.
Not only that, but to give all of the defense 5, when we kept a clean sheet and Lloris wasn't really in any big danger despite Hull attacking more than we had expected, is just being arrogant or stupid.

Difficult, but I'll try. 6 being average.

Lloris - 6 - didn't have a lot to do, controlled the things he had to control.
Vertonghen - 6 - sound defensively, but a bit too slow for the left-back role going forward in today's game.
Dawson - 7 - did the job, as usual.
Chirices - 7 - looks a bit edgy in defense at times, but makes up for it in enthusiasm and willingness to contribute offensively.
Walker - 6 - didn't notice him a lot today, to be honest. no defensive howlers, but not much of a contribution offensively either.
Lennon - 6 - didn't get the ball all that much, tried a few runs, but came to nothing.
Sandro - 6 - I thought he was pretty good, actually, but a few poor decisions takes him down a bit, lost the ball a couple of times in dangerous positions with poor passing.
Paulinho - 6 - great work rate, as usual, and contributes in offense, but he's a bit too much in between at times, makes it difficult to play.
Holtby - 5 - great enthusiasm, as always, but don't contribute a lot, wasn't creative enough on the day, and does to little for us going forward.
Townsend - 6 - enthusiastic, would've gotten a 7 if he didn't hog the ball as much as he did, had some very nice runs and feints, but hogs the ball for too long and ruins the fluidity of our attacks. too many shots from positions where he should've passed, as well.
Soldado - 7 - difficult game for him, but works tirelessly, does what he can up front and converts the penalty as cool as you like. I'd love to see him with a proper striking partner.
Dembele - 6 - doesn't really add anything to the team. looks good on the ball, but has few decisive passes.
Eriksen - 5 - did not look very enthusiastic coming on, contributed with little, and lost the ball a few too many times. I generally rate him a lot more than Holtby though, just needs to start.
Defoe - hard to give anything, didn't do much, but at least created some space for us up front.

Last edited:
Not only that, but to give all of the defense 5, when we kept a clean sheet and Lloris wasn't really in any big danger despite Hull attacking more than we had expected, is just being arrogant or stupid.

Arrogant? To give a player a 5? What are you talking about? :lol:

A 5 isnt that bad in my book anyway, its average. Its in the middle.

Right I give up, lets give all of them a 8 if you want, even if they cant pass a ball, or cant even get on the ball and Lets dream on....

If a defence was a) shaky in the first half and b) had nothing to do in the second - what do you propose you give the defence? a 10? for keeping a clean sheet? I wouldnt give a keeper, who has ha nothing to do, a 10 (not that Lloris had nothing to do and Lloris isnt this example)

Arrogant? To give a player a 5? What are you talking about? :lol:

A 5 isnt that bad in my book anyway, its average. Its in the middle.

Right I give up, lets give all of them a 8 if you want, even if they cant pass a ball, or cant even get on the ball and Lets dream on....
You are putting all the players in the same basket, i was just talking about the defense. You wanted them to score 2 goals each or what?

Starting line up:

5.5, Lennon & Sandro - seemed tired after their midweek exertions.
6, Walker, Dawson & Chirches - average performance, occasional misplaced passes.
6.5, Vertonghen, Paulinho, Lloris & Holtby - worked hard, tried to drive the team forward
7, Soldado - above average, the mark of a good striker is putting the ball in the back of the net (even from 12 yards!)
7.5, Townsend (MoTM) - always looked to attack, showed courage to come back on after what appeared to be a nasty injury.

Subs:

6.5, Dembele - I think he should have started today?
6, Eriksen & Defoe - average performances.

Coach:

7 AVB - All of his subs were positive (and I agreed with his statement on the atmosphere at the Lane)

Fans: 5 - Would all of those who booed, or departed after 65 minutes, please stay away from now on!

Lloris 6
Walker 6
Dawson 6
Chiriches 5
Vertonghen 6
Sandro 4
Paulinho 6
Lennon 5
Holtby 5
Townsend 6
Soldado 6.5

Dembele 6
Eriksen 5
Defoe 4

Painfully average and lacking creativity. Of course I'm glad to be in the top 4 but the simple fact is we won't be there come the end of the season if we continue to play like that. Yes it is difficult to break down teams that park the bus, but we struggle to do it a lot more than any of our rivals.

Starting line up:

5.5, Lennon & Sandro - seemed tired after their midweek exertions.
6, Walker, Dawson & Chirches - average performance, occasional misplaced passes.
6.5, Vertonghen, Paulinho, Lloris & Holtby - worked hard, tried to drive the team forward
7, Soldado - above average, the mark of a good striker is putting the ball in the back of the net (even from 12 yards!)
7.5, Townsend (MoTM) - always looked to attack, showed courage to come back on after what appeared to be a nasty injury.

Subs:

6.5, Dembele - I think he should have started today?
6, Eriksen & Defoe - average performances.

Coach:

7 AVB - All of his subs were positive (and I agreed with his statement on the atmosphere at the Lane)

Fans: 5 - Would all of those who booed, or departed after 65 minutes, please stay away from now on!

Iuliansteaua, Can you see this? Defenders rated lower than attackers? How come?:lol:

I don't think our points total tells the entire story, we've been fortunate this season.

I would disagree, there has been a lot of hard work. We have been fortunate in offence once or twice, however we have been solid defensively of our own doing.

I'm lazy, so I'll give the whole team a 5, but Soldado a 7, because that penalty was real pressure! Ice man Soldaddy, well done!

It was a poor performance that would have ended with a 0-0 9 times out of 10 (imo). We got out of jail with the penalty.

Defensively, we have a good record this season because we tend to dominate possession. We defend through keeping the ball. "Sterile domination" as a certain Frenchman once said. This is a good thing.

But we need to be able to change gears and create some chances with that possession. I think Danny Rose coming back will help, giving us a proper outlet down the left flank. Then, what we need to do, is to establish the "three" in the 4231 system. IMO, we need one orthodox winger who is direct and stretches teams (Townsend), one passer/assist machine (Eriksen?) and a wide man who drifts in, scores goals and plays with a bit of guile and cunning. This could be Lamela, if he gets given a run. Who knows?

If we get the "three" right, then the attacking play will sort itself out. At the moment, we don't seem to have the right balance there.

We need to stop buying into and repeating the media ******** of how we've spent £100m. We have a net spend of a virtually nothing. We have gross spend of approx £85m having paid mostly inflated prices. The reason for this was the immenent sale of Bale for a ludicrously inflated price.

Iuliansteaua, Can you see this? Defenders rated lower than attackers? How come?:lol:
We really have to start seeing where the problem lies at spurs, take a look at the goals scored and the goal allowed in the PL, then compare it to the other teams. It doesn't take a scientist to realize we are not scoring as much as we should and that we are keeping clean sheets a lot more times than others. So in case you expect Verts, Vlad, Dawson or Walker to lead the team in scoring or give a butload of assists the problem lies in the midfield-attack area of our team.

And going further with my previous idea, Hull could have put a piece of rock there instead of the goalkeeper the score would have been still 1-0, that's how much we troubled the opposition goalkeeper at the WHL.

Back