• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hull Ratings

LLoris 7 Did well

Walker 5 Coulnt pass the ball today

Dawson 5 Got away with it on most occasions, not good enough

Chichires 5 Sloppy, not impressed, but early days

Vertonghen 5 struggles at left back, nothing going forward, where are our left backs?:-k

Sandro 4 Terrible first half, couldnt pass ball to a team mate

Paulinho 5 Dont think he knew where he was meant to play, behind the striker? closer to the midfield?

Holtby 4 Didnt influence the game due to a lack of technique/quality

Townsend 7 Probably our best player, tried a lot, good on the ball, not always the best choices but he is not hiding away

Lennon 3 The joke carries on... Dont remember watching a game where a player doesnt touch the ball... Did he actually touch it in the second half?

Soldado 7 Did well, on his own, no support but did his best.

I can only assume you didn't actually watch the game.

Seriously unnecessary aggression in here by the 'rose-tinted glasses mob'. People are entitled to their opinion without getting jumped on.

For me:

Lloris - 6. A spectator.

Walker - 5. Caught out defensively a couple of times, and slowed attacks several times on the right.
Dawson - 6. Pick of the defenders.
Chiriches - 5. A couple of impressive forward runs can't hide lapses in concentration. BUT I think he'll come good, just adapting now.
Vert' - 6. Covered the left well, and had no real outlet for attack so tried getting forward himself.

Paulinho - 5. Seemed to be a bit all over the place, frustrating when needlessly dropping deep to take the ball from a defender.
Sandro - 5. Very sloppy, worst game in a while.

Townsend - 6. Liked the fact he went on the outside a bit more today and got crosses in, trouble we only had 1 in the box.
Holtby - 5. His constant roaming all over the pitch caused our problems as there was too often a massive gap between the CM and striker.
Lennon - 5. Pretty much anonymous really.

Soldado - 6. +1 for the excellent penalty, but didn't show much movement and couple of occasions where poor first touch let him down.

Subs:
Dembele - 6. Started brightly when he came on, but I think started to lose ideas when he had the ball.
Eriksen - 5. Too many flicks and dummies that failed.
Defoe - 6. Showed great strength on a few occasions.

I cant believe some of you can mark the players way down like.
Don't you know they overheard some muttering and tutting in the crowd and could barely hold themselves together afterwards?
How can you expect some to perform in these conditions considering their meagre pay?

Seriously unnecessary aggression in here by the 'rose-tinted glasses mob'. People are entitled to their opinion without getting jumped on.

For me:

Lloris - 6. A spectator.

Walker - 5. Caught out defensively a couple of times, and slowed attacks several times on the right.
Dawson - 6. Pick of the defenders.
Chiriches - 5. A couple of impressive forward runs can't hide lapses in concentration. BUT I think he'll come good, just adapting now.
Vert' - 6. Covered the left well, and had no real outlet for attack so tried getting forward himself.

Paulinho - 5. Seemed to be a bit all over the place, frustrating when needlessly dropping deep to take the ball from a defender.
Sandro - 5. Very sloppy, worst game in a while.

Townsend - 6. Liked the fact he went on the outside a bit more today and got crosses in, trouble we only had 1 in the box.
Holtby - 5. His constant roaming all over the pitch caused our problems as there was too often a massive gap between the CM and striker.
Lennon - 5. Pretty much anonymous really.

Soldado - 6. +1 for the excellent penalty, but didn't show much movement and couple of occasions where poor first touch let him down.

Subs:
Dembele - 6. Started brightly when he came on, but I think started to lose ideas when he had the ball.
Eriksen - 5. Too many flicks and dummies that failed.
Defoe - 6. Showed great strength on a few occasions.
I saw Hull City attacking us today more than any of us would have predicted. They came out to play not to park the bus, at least in the first 60 minutes. They were around our box many times and were aggressive. Despite that, Lloris as you say was a spectator, but only because our defense was rock solid today as almost every other week. Yet, you give them 5 and 6 ratings, because you saw the 1-2 things our 4 guys at the back didn't get entirely right. Of course probably getting a clean sheet is normal for Spurs, but take a look at Arsenal's clean sheet record just 2 games until now, a clean sheet for them is rare. I understand people are not happy with the lack of chances we created, but that is midfield-attack trouble, the defense was solid as almost every time. Of course they are bashed when we receive 3 goals from WH but don't get the credit when a clean sheet is kept. For me at least 7,5 for all our defense guys if you are disappointed in someone and want to throw 5's think the midfield deserves that...

Fella, against better opposition Lloris would have been tested.

Regardless of that a score of 5 or 6 is around an 'average' mark. They certainly didn't deserve any higher than that (in my opinion).

Fella, against better opposition Lloris would have been tested.

Regardless of that a score of 5 or 6 is around an 'average' mark. They certainly didn't deserve any higher than that (in my opinion).
So what did the defenders have to do against hull to get a 8 score 3 goals(1 with an overhead kick of course) and give 2 assists ?

So what did the defenders have to do against hull to get a 8 score 3 goals(1 with an overhead kick of course) and give 2 assists ?

Play well.
Just because Hull failed to score doesnt mean each of the defenders made individual ****ups. not every mistake leads directly to a goal.
Also there is more to their role than just stopping Hull scoring obviously.

Look, this is a thread for people to give their ratings on what they saw in the game. They don't have to justify their ratings (but can do so obviously).

You think our defenders deserve a rating of 8? Good for you. I, and others don't.

In my opinion to get a higher than average rating they would need to be under a great deal of pressure and deal with it effectively. We hardly had any pressure on us, and on some of the occasions we did experience pressure there was a sense of panic.

Look, this is a thread for people to give their ratings on what they saw in the game. They don't have to justify their ratings (but can do so obviously).

You think our defenders deserve a rating of 8? Good for you. I, and others don't.

In my opinion to get a higher than average rating they would need to be under a great deal of pressure and deal with it effectively. We hardly had any pressure on us, and on some of the occasions we did experience pressure there was a sense of panic.

To your point, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I would say however, when your opinion is we didn't do "x" because our players lack technical ability or are **** ... that's not opinion ... you can figure out what it is ...

Of course it's opinion.

If someone thinks that a player lacks technical ability that is obviously their opinion. Yes, occasionally that opinion can be ridiculous (eg: Messi in my opinion has no technical ability), but it's still an opinion.

Lennon 3 The joke carries on... Dont remember watching a game where a player doesnt touch the ball... Did he actually touch it in the second half?

sbkeHEJ.jpg

Lloris 6
Walker 5
Dawson 7
Chiricheș 6
Vertonghen 6
Lennon 5
Paulinho 6
Sandro 5
Holtby 5
Townsend 7
Soldado 7