• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

i can see the ludicrous situation of Lloris going out on loan in Jan in order to get some regular games to maintain his status as France's number one

Not a chance - AVB is not a fool nor would Levy sanction that

Gomes and/or Cudicini (hopefully both) to walk if anything.

I'm not anti/pro Lloris or Friedel but it is true - had Friedel sat on his line like Lloris did last night he would have got called out for it and many would have claimed Lloris wouldn't of done that. Well he just did....

I'm not anti/pro Lloris or Friedel but it is true - had Friedel sat on his line like Lloris did last night he would have got called out for it and many would have claimed Lloris wouldn't of done that. Well he just did....

Ratings would have been identical - around the 6/10 mark

Eh Billy you reading this?:ross:

The anger is going into overdriveeee:ross:

Mate i am withdrawing from this debate - nothing good will come of it. Id just like to say that if you think ArcspaE is the one with the agenda can you direct things at him rather than sweeping comments aimed at anyone who has critisized Friedel - i tried to pm you earlier but ur inbox is full btw

Ratings would have been identical - around the 6/10 mark

I'm not talking about what they would have been scored in the ratings thread mate. My point is many criticise Friedel for not coming off his line. I haven't seen much of Lloris before he came here but according to some he was this all singing all dancing keeper that could do just about everything. Yet the goal he conceded yesterday Friedel would have been called out on and it would be insisted that had Lloris been in goal it wouldn't of happened. That's how ridiculous this whole debate is.....

How do you know he would have been called out?

Lloris is also being called out on the one cross he dropped - something which the pro-Brad supporters would have ignored most likely

Potato - potatoe

Not a chance - AVB is not a fool nor would Levy sanction that

Gomes and/or Cudicini (hopefully both) to walk if anything.

We shall see. Anyway, Gomes and Cudicini have got nothing to do with Lloris not being the Prem number one

How do you know he would have been called out?

Lloris is also being called out on the one cross he dropped - something which the pro-Brad supporters would have ignored most likely

Potato - potatoe

How do you know he wouldn't have?

Am not really bothered which one we go with, but this train of thought has arrived at a pretty useless place. Claiming what the other side 'would' have done is not entirely helpful.

It's impossible to prove or disprove and just pointless really.

Anyway, Gomes and Cudicini have got nothing to do with Lloris not being the Prem number one

Never said they did.

However that is wage expenditure which we can do without considering their first team (envisaged) involvement.

Last edited:
How do you know he wouldn't have?

Am not really bothered which one we go with, but this train of thought has arrived at a pretty useless place. Claiming what the other side 'would' have done is not entirely helpful.

It's impossible to prove or disprove and just pointless really.

It is divisive more than anything and breeds an atmosphere of dislike amongst posters.

However (and you can test this yourself by looking back through threads)

- it's 99% of the pro-Brad (for a lack of better word) posters which are constantly attacking the ones showing support (shocker) for Hugo, never the other way around

- it is them who assume that rating Brad lower than 7 means your hate his guts and want him to fail

- it is them who question and ridicule every rating - I've never seen any of their ratings being question

- it is them who feel the need take this crusade on a personal level and nit-pick posts and comments into petty-point scoring and inter-thread reference

Personally I've never questioned any of their ratings although have a full-on CSI investigation unleashed on mine everyime those are given including an in-depth psychoanalysis of 'what was I thinking at the time of rating'. And that is besided the false accusations

Last edited:
Mate i am withdrawing from this debate - nothing good will come of it. Id just like to say that if you think ArcspaE is the one with the agenda can you direct things at him rather than sweeping comments aimed at anyone who has critisized Friedel - i tried to pm you earlier but ur inbox is full btw

i deleted messages so should be ok now.

Btw that wasn't a dig at you Billy and i wouldn't have mentioned you if you didn't state that nobody had an agenda. You might not but to say nobody does is highly innacurate.

Amazing isn't it. I mean even if we do say Lloris was at fault for the goal yesterday and brad was at fault for the QPR goal how exactly does the GK that..

*makes a mistake that results in a goal, has no saves to make the whole 90 minutes, concedes 1 goal the whole game and also makes another mistake that goes unpunished warrant a 6.5 rating whilst the other keeper that

*makes a mistake that results in a goal, pulls of 2 or 3 good saves throughout the 90 minutes, and concedes 1 goal the whole game get a 6

There's no point mate. Some people are poisonous that have a massive agenda and are not even smart enough to be subtle about it which results in them constantly catching themselves out. Funny to see though.

How do you know he would have been called out?Lloris is also being called out on the one cross he dropped - something which the pro-Brad supporters would have ignored most likely

Potato - potatoe

Because most matches many compain that he doesn't come off his line?

That is a generic comment - and one which I tend to agree on

However - every goal needs to be contextualised and not looked upon in isolation

For example - couple of posters suggested he should have come out earlier for the Kagawa goal which I think is completely wrong and if anything - he did well to close the angle down reasonably well.

Last edited:
Amazing isn't it. I mean even if we do say Lloris was at fault for the goal yesterday and brad was at fault for the QPR goal how exactly does the GK that..

*makes a mistake that results in a goal, has no saves to make the whole 90 minutes, concedes 1 goal the whole game and also makes another mistake that goes unpunished warrant a 6.5 rating whilst the other keeper that

*makes a mistake that results in a goal, pulls of 2 or 3 good saves throughout the 90 minutes, and concedes 1 goal the whole game get a 6

There's no point mate. Some people are poisonous that have a massive agenda and are not even smart enough to be subtle about it which results in them constantly catching themselves out. Funny to see though.

Pretty much how I see it, I don't get it at all. I'm not biased towards either keeper, they both look good to me. The way some go on about Lloris it's like he's on a different planet to Friedel which clearly isn't the case.....

Despite the fact that he actually does. Maybe not as much as some would like, but he does. Constantly complaining about that and his distribution without actually paying attention to what he does is kind of pathetic.

That is a generic comment - and one which I tend to agree on

However - every goal needs to be contextualised and not looked upon in isolation

For example - couple of posters suggested he should have come out earlier for the Kagawa goal which I think is compeltely wrong and if anything - he did well to close the angle down reasonably well.

I agree, but don't think many are as fair....

The way some go on about Lloris it's like he's on a different planet to Friedel which clearly isn't the case.....

In your view - What has Brad done so well and Lloris so poor (or other way around if you wish, makes no difference) to help with the decision on Sunday?

In short - who would you start against Villa and why?

Last edited:
In your view - What has Brad done so well and Lloris so poor (or other way around if you wish, makes no difference) to help with the decision on Sunday?

In short - who would you start against Villa and why?

This is what I'm saying.....Neither keeper to me has done anything to excel other the other although of course Lloris has only played twice for us. But there is nothing to say Lloris should be ahead of Friedel because he has done this, or Friedel messed up there - or visa versa. So I'm saying I don't care either way who plays Sunday, they are both more than capable.

If I was pushed I'd say Friedel as he has been much busier (not Lloris' fault I know)and has acquited himself well. But I wouldn't cry about it if Lloris is selected either.....

Back