• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Still doesn't make sense one bit mate.

You're problem with my criticism was the point scoring part but not the criticsm itself? and you're genuinely surprised i'm going to point out Lloris decision to stay on his line when that's the main attribute Friedel gets criticised for and those posters have clearly stated that Lloris is a world class sweeper keeper who will prevent this from happening. Well today he did EXACTLY the same thing so naturally it would be brought up and you'd be naive to think it wouldn't.

You probably did get criticism from me regarding Brad Friedel not coming off his line because that's not an issue for me. Neither is Lloris not coming off his line BUT when i'm fed gonad*s from the so called Lloris experts continuously stating lloris will not do what Friedel is doing then naturally i'll point out that he did exactly just that when it happens...it's natural.

Spursalot

if that's aimed at me i need a little more to go on im afraid, what are you asking ?

I thought we were attempting to discuss mistakes that Lloris made.

He had an alright game, not good, not bad.

Still doesn't make sense one bit mate.

You're problem with my criticism was the point scoring part but not the criticsm itself? and you're genuinely surprised i'm going to point out Lloris decision to stay on his line when that's the main attribute Friedel gets criticised for and those posters have clearly stated that Lloris is a world class sweeper keeper who will prevent this from happening. Well today he did EXACTLY the same thing so naturally it would be brought up and you'd be naive to think it wouldn't.

You probably did get criticism from me regarding Brad Friedel not coming off his line because that's not an issue for me. Neither is Lloris not coming off his line BUT when i'm fed gonad*s from the so called Lloris experts continuously stating lloris will not do what Friedel is doing then naturally i'll point out that he did exactly just that when it happens...it's natural.

ah fudge it im having a mare tonight - i went to respond but can't be arsed mate, just be safe in the knowledge that i wasn't trying to defend Lloris from criticism ;)

seems like it was a throw away comment that has been put under the microscope a far too long really :lol:

and Spursalot - dodgy mistake that, id be worried if it's a common occurrence !

Last edited:
article-2212986-155A0999000005DC-433_634x445.jpg

beautiful

Looked solid and desperate to impress in an attempt claim the spot ahead of someone who's about to draw his fudging pension

For me - he has to be given a chance against Villa - judging on form (seeing that as being the main argument point here) he has done absolutely no worse than Brad in his last 2 games while the latter has conceded 3 goals and has been average at best.

Give Hugo a chance

EDIT - to clarify this further - they have been on the same level of form in their last 2 respective games (ignoring goals conceded for a moment) - would it not then be fair to conisder a PL debut?

Last edited:
Looked solid and desperate to impress in an attempt claim the spot ahead of someone who's about to draw his fudging pension

For me - he has to be given a chance against Villa - judging on form (seeing that as being the main argument point here) he has done absolutely no worse than Brad in his last 2 games while the latter has conceded 3 goals and has been average at best.

Give Hugo a chance

EDIT - to clarify this further - they have been on the same level of form in their last 2 respective games (ignoring goals conceded for a moment) - would it not then be fair to conisder a PL debut?

Eh Billy you reading this?:ross:

The anger is going into overdriveeee:ross:

He looked a bit rusty at times. Hardly surprising since he didn't get to play much so far. If it continues like this, he might become error-prone like Gomes by January. I think AVB should start a rotation policy for Lloris and Friedel to solve this problem.

Eh Billy you reading this?:ross:

The anger is going into overdriveeee:ross:

Your experienced WUM techniques will never work on me

I relegated you to the lowest layer of contributors on this board the day you (falsely) suggested 'I take joy of Spurs players making mistakes and hoping they do badly' for wanting the best player in a position, along with the usual tirade of derisory, divisive terms such as 'haters', etc. - so you might as well save your keyboard

Also this is the same guy that only a couple of weeks ago claimed Friedel was at fault for not coming off his line to close down Zamora. Fast forward a few weeks and no mention of Lloris doing the exact same thing, instead he was "solid":ross:

Ah Arcspace..the same guy that calls other people a "hater" for apparently hating on AVB then cries a week later when people refer to him as one. Now he showcases his hypocrisy again with the lloris and friedel brick.

Last edited:
The gathering witch-hunt against Hugo is getting out of hand

it needs to stop now

keep-calm-and-love-hugo-6.png

Pretty much on the same level as the witch hunt against freidel.

Most people are making jokes with a couple taking it seriously.

Pretty much on the same level as the witch hunt against freidel.

Most people are making jokes with a couple taking it seriously.

Brad received countless of 6/10 ratings last season, even in some of our solid wins where he had nothing to do.

Yet no one moaned or even noticed that.

Now that a superior unit has threatened his little wiki statistics - every single ratings post is scrutinised and analysed on a scientific level and magnified out of proportion while the authors are insulted and ridiculed with generalised divisive comments. Whereas no one gave a fudge last season for the exact same thing.

Last edited:
Brad received countless of 6/10 rating last season, even in some of our solid wins where he had nothing to do.

Yet no one moaned or even noticed that.

Now that a superior unit has threatened his little wiki statistics - every single ratings post is scrutinised and analysed on a scientific level and magnified out of proportion while the authors are insulted and ridiculed with generalised divisive comments. Whereas no one gave a fudge last season for the exact same thing.

Exactly. Ridiculed by the couple taking it seriously.

Can people please stop this Friedel/Lloris argument here and now. We are lucky to have two such brilliant keepers at Spurs. It reminds me of the Clemence v Shilton scenario for England a few years back. They ended up playing alternate games until Shilton established himself as outright No.1.

We should play Hugo is some PL games and some Europa games and the same with Brad to show that we rate them both. If Hugo is as good as some on here suggest, just like Shilton he will naturally become our first choice over the shortest of time.

It really doesnt do any good to undermine either Brad or Hugo.

I thought Lloris looked a little shaky last night, might just be lack of sharpness but on current form Brad has to retain his place doesnt he?

I thought Lloris looked a little shaky last night, might just be lack of sharpness but on current form Brad has to retain his place doesnt he?

On current form I would say they have been very much equal (statistics would suggest Lloris has the upper hand, btw)

Plus Brad has the advanatage of constant game-time week in-and-out along with match shaprness as opposed to the odd EL game.

How is Hugo supposed to gain that by playing 1 game a month?

I think you are looking at it with your Hugo googles on.

Surely it is Friedel that has massive pressure on him, knowing that one mistake will lead to an outcry for the world class Lloris to replace him.

Not really, Brad knows at the moment that one bad game or a mistake doesn't mean he loses his place, AVB has said as much. Lloris gets a game a fortnight. I'm not anti-Friedel at all, just feel for Lloris. I imagine Daniel or AVB told some porkies to get him to leave a club where he was a hero, and a started to sit on a bench.

i can see the ludicrous situation of Lloris going out on loan in Jan in order to get some regular games to maintain his status as France's number one

Back