• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Like you i do not remember reading anyone said he should be let off that WILL not happen, he has been charged and should be punished within the law.

However are you really saying that IF it had been Salah ( or another rival player) they would be given as much understanding??
I think MKSpurs post a couple below yours shows just that really, I don’t remember any of those players being slated on here for it and I certainly didn’t bat an eyelid.

I think you’re right that Hugo is being shown a different level of understanding on here than the players of other clubs, but that it’s much harsher

Last edited:
I think it's fair to simply ask: how did you react to Firminho's drink-drive charge?
I don’t think he got anywhere near the coverage Rooney got, ultimately in all the cases I don’t understand how someone with their means wouldn’t remove the temptation / risk by having a driver or getting a taxi. Don’t remember expecting any further punishment from his club, a little surprised there were no t shirts issued in support of him.

The law will punish Hugo and he'll have to take it. Learn a lesson and hire a driver, or better yet, do not drink. It's not difficult at all to be sober, it's even easier when you earn a living as a pro athlete (" no mate, I don't want the beer or the pizza, I'm staying in top condition coz it's my phucking job!")

As a club, we should stand by him and I'm happy with how Poch has handled it.

Hopefully, Hugo will lose his license so he has no choice but to be driven by someone else. Where's Kevin Bond when you need him?

Like you i do not remember reading anyone said he should be let off that WILL not happen, he has been charged and should be punished within the law.

However are you really saying that IF it had been Salah ( or another rival player) they would be given as much understanding??
Did you see outrage when Firminho got caught last year, or even when Salah was on his phone when driving last month?

In Scotland the limit is less than a pint, so if you are twice over the limit you've had two pints, most people wouldn't consider that to be drunk. Therefore the law you are breaking isn't drunk driving but driving under the influence.

Maybe self-assessment of whether someone is drunk is not the best measure. Ben Stokes recently said under oath that he wasn't drunk after drinking "two or three pints", "five or six vodka and lemonades" and a few "jagerbombs". Most people suspect he probably was. And we live in a country where we buy twice as much alcohol as we consume, if use self assessment of alcohol consumption for the comparison.

They should introduce objective tests or something. Then the law could avoid subjective terms like being drunk.

" And we live in a country where we buy twice as much alcohol as we consume"

What? people drink a bottle of wine and pour half of it away?

Maybe self-assessment of whether someone is drunk is not the best measure. Ben Stokes recently said under oath that he wasn't drunk after drinking "two or three pints", "five or six vodka and lemonades" and a few "jagerbombs". Most people suspect he probably was. And we live in a country where we buy twice as much alcohol as we consume, if use self assessment of alcohol consumption for the comparison.

They should introduce objective tests or something. Then the law could avoid subjective terms like being drunk.

But that's what I'm saying, don't call it drunk driving because it's not, it's driving under the influence.

The drink drive limit is like 1/1.5 pints isn’t it, so twice the limit is 2/3 pints.
That's what I always thought. But watch an episode of one of those bricky police chase programmes on tv.

They bring in people who are 2 or 3 times the limit and they are fudging steaming. I mean 10-12 pints steaming. I think it's a handy rumour with a good safety margin that the limit is 2 pints but it's way higher. I was stopped a few years ago after having drunk 2 pints of (not sure what but I only drink premium lager so it must have been around 5%). It was about 30 mins after I finished drinking and the roadside test didn't even register alcohol - I'm not a heavy drinker either.

" And we live in a country where we buy twice as much alcohol as we consume"

What? people drink a bottle of wine and pour half of it away?
Read it again Russki - he said IF we use self assessment of consumption vs sales stats i.e. people don't own up / realise how much they drink

That's what I always thought. But watch an episode of one of those bricky police chase programmes on tv.

They bring in people who are 2 or 3 times the limit and they are fudging steaming. I mean 10-12 pints steaming. I think it's a handy rumour with a good safety margin that the limit is 2 pints but it's way higher. I was stopped a few years ago after having drunk 2 pints of (not sure what but I only drink premium lager so it must have been around 5%). It was about 30 mins after I finished drinking and the roadside test didn't even register alcohol - I'm not a heavy drinker either.

The limit is pretty much dead on 2 reasonable strength pints. Body size and meal timing etc. also play a part. I tend to stick to 1.5 to leave a bit of margin.

The limit is pretty much dead on 2 reasonable strength pints. Body size and meal timing etc. also play a part. I tend to stick to 1.5 to leave a bit of margin.
Do you have anything empirical to show that?

I only have one data point but I know it's an accurate one.

Read it again Russki - he said IF we use self assessment of consumption vs sales stats i.e. people don't own up / realise how much they drink
Asking some one how much they drunk that night is different to asking how much they drunk the last month which I imagine would have been the question.

I did misread it

Perhaps it's not a 1-2-1 relationship, two pints over the limit and every pint extra is giving less additional readings.

It's late and I can't think of the proper term or what to Google, an upward sloping curve with pints on the y axis.

Maybe the barkeep tabbed you as an easy mark and watered down your hootch.

Proof was in the printout.

The court heard Lloris provided a sample containing 80 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath - the legal limit in England and Wales is 35 microgrammes.

Prosecutor Henry Fitch said police in an unmarked car spotted Lloris’ vehicle driving at 15mph in a 30mph zone. He also veered his car “towards parked vehicles” before correcting himself. When police stopped the vehicle, they discovered vomit and said Lloris had to be helped from the car.

Very long ban and a very large fine incoming, presumably.

Back