• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

You don't need to move when you stand in the right place to start with.

You can't judge a keeper on penalty shootouts, the ball is 12 yards away, stationary and uncontested, I don't understand how a single penalty has ever been missed, everything is to the takers advantage.

Hugo should have got it, keepers are not only allowed to use their hands, their are also allowed to assault people.

Hugo should have got it I agree
If you come it you have to get it

And I'm not judging him just on pens but watching him in goal for them was comical

Shiltons theory on Penalties was just a worthy as simply picking a side and diving, at least if a player underhit it or scuffed he was at least going in the right direction.

There was very little between Clem and Shilton imo, altough i always thought Shilton tended to punch more.
Almost a different sport now, so impossible to compare.

I'm not a fan of 'He's had 9 good games you can't have a go if he has a bad tenth game.' Or whatever you want to say.

If anyone has a bad game/games they deserve to have it pointed out.

He cost us against Arsenal with the second goal, WBA and twice today. His distribution is disastrous. I really hope he's not going the same way as Paul Robinson.

The second goal today my 4 year old son could've kicked it harder how the fudge did it go in??

Pull your fudging finger out Hugo.

I'm not a fan of 'He's had 9 good games you can't have a go if he has a bad tenth game.' Or whatever you want to say.

He cost us against Arsenal with the second goal, WBA and twice today. His distribution is disastrous. I really hope he's not going the same way as Paul Robinson.

The second goal today my 4 year old son could've kicked it harder how the fudge did it go in??

Pull your fudgeing finger out Hugo.

I agree with your first point, I don't think he cops much blame today, it was appalling defending for both goals, the first came from a guy unmarked in the 6 yard box and the second was a sequence of stupid decisions and a deflection through a crowd

he's had worse days than today

Pull your fudgeing finger out Hugo.

Have a go, by all means. Personally, I too thought he had a bad game, and conceded two soft goals that he'd normally save. But, a rough mental tally kind of puts us somewhat ahead in terms of his saves that earned us points against mistakes like the ones he made yesterday, so I'm still not too concerned about him in particular.

Lloris wasnt to blame yesterday. First one was a shot from close range by an unmarked player in the box (very poor defending) and the second was from the edge when the same player wasnt closed down quick enough.

The second goal came directly as a consequence of his decision, after Vertonghen had done the hard work retaining the ball under pressure on the touchline (and not put it out of play, but given Lloris the opportunity to clear it downfield) to boot it out for a throw-in anyway, and in virtually the same position. I thought his kicking was abysmal again all game.

The goalkeeper is to blame for every goal until you actually play in that position ans realise it is by far the hardest position on the field to play, having to make split second decisions and tracking a ball through a plethora of legs trying to gauge which way to dive, at which point any deflection sends the ball in the other direction.

By all means blame Lloris but aren't the men in front of him employed to stop players taking shots before they actually do?

Lloris wasnt to blame yesterday. First one was a shot from close range by an unmarked player in the box (very poor defending) and the second was from the edge when the same player wasnt closed down quick enough.

I don't blame him and him alone, but the 2nd goal was a daisy cutter at best and he got a hand to the first one.

The goalkeeper is to blame for every goal until you actually play in that position ans realise it is by far the hardest position on the field to play, having to make split second decisions and tracking a ball through a plethora of legs trying to gauge which way to dive, at which point any deflection sends the ball in the other direction.

By all means blame Lloris but aren't the men in front of him employed to stop players taking shots before they actually do?

By that logic, what's the point in a 'keeper at all.

I'm a massive Lloris fan. Personally, he's the best 'keeper I've seen at Spurs and I'd rated Clemence and Thorstvedt in that position before. But Lloris has let in some soft goals recently and yesterday he should have done better with both.

The second i put down initially to the first mistake which was by Mason in giving the ball away, however after that there were opportunities to put it right.

I think we all know Lloris has a mistake in him, but there arent many keepers in world football that dont?

By that logic, what's the point in a 'keeper at all.

I'm a massive Lloris fan. Personally, he's the best 'keeper I've seen at Spurs and I'd rated Clemence and Thorstvedt in that position before. But Lloris has let in some soft goals recently and yesterday he should have done better with both.

to take goal kicks

The second i put down initially to the first mistake which was by Mason in giving the ball away, however after that there were opportunities to put it right.

I think we all know Lloris has a mistake in him, but there arent many keepers in world football that dont?

Bingo, there is no hiding place for a keeper when he has made a mistake and they all do. As for Lloris he is the third best I have seen for Spurs but he makes the same mistakes to often to be world class which I have heard him called.

Back