• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

What gets me is that the players still dont seem to be comfortable playing as we are, Bentaleb and Mason get caught too far up the pitch and the fullbacks are always behind the play and chasing back, the poor centre backs have not got a chance really, I totally agree about the Dier/Walker thing, King imo always made Ekotto look world class, small margins I suppose.

What gets me is that the players still dont seem to be comfortable playing as we are, Bentaleb and Mason get caught too far up the pitch and the fullbacks are always behind the play and chasing back, the poor centre backs have not got a chance really, I totally agree about the Dier/Walker thing, King imo always made Ekotto look world class, small margins I suppose.

No,no,no its all the CB's fault according to Twitter ;)

This is why I have said several times that it is my firm belief that when Chadli and Townsend are not playing well/playing the system, FBs, etc suffer. I know I am a bit of a Bentaleb apologist, but if you look at some recent concessions, he is the Spurs player furthest back, having dashed many yards to get there (he's stopped a few too)...for me, the moment those covering the FBs don't work, there is a systemic breakdown around the pitch. Chadli is sadly work-shy, and Andros is a 1 in 5 player right now, who seems to get nervous and a bit clueless in games. Their coverage is poor. Walker has not been great but for me, he is getting dinged far too much; again, he is a victim of having to work that side of the pitch virtually alone! At least when Lamela is there he has support! Have to say, as much of a Dembele fan as I am not, when he was being Kane, with Eriksen and Lamela either side, we were very very solid and rather tight all around too.

I just peeked at physioroom.com and they have no return date for Hugo. Anyone have a clue when he'll be back to save and save and save and save?

My guess would be that it's down to how deep the wound was and how quickly he heals. He can't really play with a wound that's at risk of popping open every time he moves quickly.

I just peeked at physioroom.com and they have no return date for Hugo. Anyone have a clue when he'll be back to save and save and save and save?

Nothing has been said officially by the club. Hugo's wife said she expected him to be back soon, though he's pulled out of the two France games. People are speculating that he might miss one game, but no one really knows. Physioroom knows nothing beyond what is said by the clubs and/or speculated by the media.

This is why I have said several times that it is my firm belief that when Chadli and Townsend are not playing well/playing the system, FBs, etc suffer. I know I am a bit of a Bentaleb apologist, but if you look at some recent concessions, he is the Spurs player furthest back, having dashed many yards to get there (he's stopped a few too)...for me, the moment those covering the FBs don't work, there is a systemic breakdown around the pitch. Chadli is sadly work-shy, and Andros is a 1 in 5 player right now, who seems to get nervous and a bit clueless in games. Their coverage is poor. Walker has not been great but for me, he is getting dinged far too much; again, he is a victim of having to work that side of the pitch virtually alone! At least when Lamela is there he has support! Have to say, as much of a Dembele fan as I am not, when he was being Kane, with Eriksen and Lamela either side, we were very very solid and rather tight all around too.

I agree and i think its why people think we are vunerable through the middle.. We get caught down the sides, Midfielder goes out to help FB leaving a space in the middle. If the inverted wingers helped out the FB then the midfielder can stay central. I do think that walker is a horrible run of form at the moment. But Eriksen and Chadli seem to help out Rose far more than walker is helped out.

Lennon has gone but would have been interesting to see how much better walker would have looked, as lennon really did help him out down that side.

Ahahaha...

Thought it was a bit ridiculous that they included Joe Hart in there knowing from marky's comment that Hugo was in the "best of the rest" category. Then I scrolled on and saw Forster and Mignolet. :rolleyes:

I genuinely believe Lloris and De Gea are a class above other keepers in the Premiership but unfortunately only 4 teams in the league have conceded more goals than we have so Lloris was never going to make the list.

I genuinely believe Lloris and De Gea are a class above other keepers in the Premiership but unfortunately only 4 teams in the league have conceded more goals than we have so Lloris was never going to make the list.

That is pretty damning. Pochettino has to do something about our defense this summer.

Keep the spotlight away from Lloris. We all know just how good he is but if the attention is elsewhere then hopefully Lloris will be staying at our club. He's my favourite player of our's, as I rate him highly & think that he has character & I like seeing goalkeepers coming off their line.

I didn't like Brad, as he seemed far too glued to his line. I said as much when he signed for us.

The only reason that credit needs to be applied is in recognition of Lloris but, let's face it, does he really need to worry about whether or not he receives credit in a myopic blog story?

Keep the spotlight away from Lloris. We all know just how good he is but if the attention is elsewhere then hopefully Lloris will be staying at our club. He's my favourite player of our's, as I rate him highly & think that he has character & I like seeing goalkeepers coming off their line.

I didn't like Brad, as he seemed far too glued to his line. I said as much when he signed for us.

The only reason that credit needs to be applied is in recognition of Lloris but, let's face it, does he really need to worry about whether or not he receives credit in a myopic blog story?

Hugo has everything, brave as well, would be a big loss if he went elsewhere.

Freidel was a revelation for me, not flashy and never did anything incredible but was reliable, which made a nice change for us.

No doubt Lloris is a step up but Freidel was more than decent.

Related to that I don't think scouts, managers or DoFs at clubs that might be in for Lloris will be particularly swayed by media pieces like this one either :)

More just laughing at the incompetent nature of the media than being upset on Hugo's behalf.

Freidel was a revelation for me, not flashy and never did anything incredible but was reliable, which made a nice change for us.

Especially given that he was pushing the boundaries of what I thought was an acceptable age to be playing at the top level.

My thoughts as well, he has been top keeper during his playing days and I will always remember that he was the reason we lost to Blackburn in the 2002 final ( that and the fact that Les Ferdinand was crap).

Back