• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Re: Hugo Lloris - part two

:lol:

I'm leaning towards Gutter Boy on this one: goalies aren't often very expensive. However, for Real I'm sure Levy will make an exception, given the dearness and closeness of our 'relationship'.
I'm sure we'd get a chunk of money out of them. Then they'd just sell Casillas to Arsenal for £20

He has just signed a new contract and you lot are already discussing how much we will sell him for. Amazing.

Brilliant news, our one world class player tied down long term! Seems a top bloke too really wouldn't have begrudge d him a move elsewhere unlike Jan' I only play well when the goings food's vertonghen

I'd like to think your right but unfortunately nothing means more to footballers than money surely it's naive to assume otherwise?

For the most part I'd say you're probably right but not all of them are. I read once that Dirk Kuyt gives a large portion of his salary to charity - I think it might have been close to half. There are people out there that see more from life/career than money - maybe Hugo is one of them?

I'd like to think your right but unfortunately nothing means more to footballers than money surely it's naive to assume otherwise? If he's accepted that he might not play CL in the next 5 years and put his families happiness first then great.

That's a remarkably naive or simplistic statement.

He has just signed a new contract and you lot are already discussing how much we will sell him for. Amazing.
That's what you when when you're a Spurs fan. Our best players sign new contracts and we tend to sell them within a year or two :)

Best signing we could make this summer.

The rest of it is now not rocket science - get some decent cover, either a kid or an old pro. If we stick with Friedel then fine but don't promise him any cup football from quarter-finals onwards.

Another left back, centre back, striker, not necessarily automatic first XI but good enough to put pressure them.

Then that's it. Our marque signings this season are Soldado and Lamela - they need the sides built around them and they will shine.

Bet he still ends up with 20+ apps.

In total or in the league? As starts or in total including sub appearances?

--------------------

Great to have Hugo sign a new contract! One of the real worries of the season that he would want out. Not sure if Poch has anything to do with him signing, but at least it shows that the players don't mind him and are optimistic of the future I think.

Based on the assumption he remains here, definitely....

I think he will. With Kaboul being fairly perma-crocked and Hector Moreno now off the table, I really can't see us replacing two CBs in the next 7 weeks.

In total or in the league? As starts or in total including sub appearances?

I was thinking league including subs.

His record over the past 9 seasons for that is 32, 37, 27, 16, 29, 24, 7, 27, 33, so I'd say that's fairly realistic.

How good and how fit stays Kaboul's replacement will obviously be key, but I still think there'll be a significant role for Daws to play.

The foundation of our new defence. This news is as good as a new signing.

I fully expect Poc to shore us up and make us a tight unit once again.

I think he will. With Kaboul being fairly perma-crocked and Hector Moreno now off the table, I really can't see us replacing two CBs in the next 7 weeks.

I was thinking league including subs.

His record over the past 9 seasons for that is 32, 37, 27, 16, 29, 24, 7, 27, 33, so I'd say that's fairly realistic.

How good and how fit stays Kaboul's replacement will obviously be key, but I still think there'll be a significant role for Daws to play.

I still think the assumptions about Kaboul's fitness are premature. Perhaps I'm overly optimistic, but I think there's still a chance he'll return.

I don't mind Dawson as a backup/squad player as I've said repeatedly, but if he stays I hope you're wrong. Essentially if he plays 20+ league matches that means we won't have much in terms of stability at the back.

Back