• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Not that I think we should sell Lloris, but if he goes then it should be Marshall from Cardiff before Foster, or maybe take a punt on Butland

I beg to differ, these days there are plenty who aren't very good at that either, Hart's a good example, good shot stoppers never get beaten near post, ever

Not really. Good shot stopping is generally based around reactions and agility.

Whereas for me being beaten at the near post if usually more about positioning than the above attributes.

You could argue they are all linked together and of course they are in some situations e.g. You still have to be in the right place etc but if the positioning is solid then a GK doesn't have to make spectacular saves so often unless the defence goes to sleep. Even then they tend to be ones that look spectacular but are usually right at them.

Foster would be OK.

There are not many top keepers around these days and Foster is a solid, if unspectacular, prem keeper.

Begovic, krul or butland other good options.
Stekelenburg should also be available.
Or Vorm.

True. I hate that 'good shot stopper' expression. Every single professional keeper in the league is a good shot stopper, that is what they are there for

It reminds me of the Peter Crouch "good touch for his size" crap. All that means is "less than mediocre by PL standards".

I hope we're keeping Hugo but if not then for me it has to be Begovic, who in my opinion is the best in the league. Wish we bought him first time round, that was a real screw up!

How about we just nip it in the bud from the off tell him he's not for sale and make a statement that none of our best players are for sale? Easily done.

Lloris has said he isn't going anywhere and that's good enough for me

But if worse case, Begovic is the only option from the Premiership, no one else even close and I would not have another English keeper after what happened with the press and Robbo.

We need an understudy for Lloris though and would be happy for him to be home grown

That Marshall should have had a save of the season competition all by himself this year. Some of his saves have been ridiculous....

That Marshall should have had a save of the season competition all by himself this year. Some of his saves have been ridiculous....

But what if reflex saves is all he's good at? I'd like to see him play another season in the Championship with Cardiff (didn't really hear much about him prior to their promotion) expected to dominate most games before jumping on any band wagon. He's also 29, so at his peak, but for how long?

Fun fact: His full name is David James Marshall

We have the best keeper in the club since Jennings, but you guys all think it´s OK if he leave. And you want us to replace him with a mediocre keepers?? Just because he aint scoring or create goals you guys underestimate him. Hugo is our best player and we have to do all we can to keep him!
Get a new manager, give Lloris a new contract and make him captain.

We have the best keeper in the club since Jennings, but you guys all think it´s OK if he leave. And you want us to replace him with a mediocre keepers?? Just because he aint scoring or create goals you guys underestimate him. Hugo is our best player and we have to do all we can to keep him!
Get a new manager, give Lloris a new contract and make him captain.

bit OTT to be honest.

Back