• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Agreed with this.

Lloris is the far better keeper. We should play him. Not much room for sentiment here, we need a win, we need to finish as high up the league as possible and I can't really see a reason why Brad should still be playing. Regardless of him playing well, regardless of Brad being a good keeper in his own right, to sign the France no.1 and international captain, and keep him on the bench would just be utterly ridiculous to me.

Don't worry, mate - it will not happen

Do you think that he should go straight into the team for Sunday?

I do. We aren't talking about a 19 year old kid here. We are talking about the international captain and first choice goalkeeper of France. He is 25 years old. He's played GHod knows how many games in the Champions League. Why are we waiting to put him in the team?

As good a chap as Brad is, and as solid as he has been for us, he just isn't Hugo Lloris. We don't actually owe Brad anything. We will pay him his wage and he will be a professional. And I don't think we will need more than the 3 days of training for the coaching staff to realise what a player they have in Lloris. They will know exactly how good he is. The players will see it in training. He is better than Brad. He should play.

I do. We aren't talking about a 19 year old kid here. We are talking about the international captain and first choice goalkeeper of France. He is 25 years old. He's played GHod knows how many games in the Champions League. Why are we waiting to put him in the team?

As good a chap as Brad is, and as solid as he has been for us, he just isn't Hugo Lloris. We don't actually owe Brad anything. We will pay him his wage and he will be a professional. And I don't think we will need more than the 3 days of training for the coaching staff to realise what a player they have in Lloris. They will know exactly how good he is. The players will see it in training. He is better than Brad. He should play.

How many times do you think he has had a chance to train with us since he signed?

Communication between defence (particularly central defence) and a goalkeeper is really important, I would prefer for us to give him a couple of weeks to settle in and get used to his team mates before giving him a start and even then, I would prefer it to be in a cup game.

How many times do you think he has had a chance to train with us since he signed?

Communication between defence (particularly central defence) and a goalkeeper is really important, I would prefer for us to give him a couple of weeks to settle in and get used to his team mates before giving him a start and even then, I would prefer it to be in a cup game.

He will get 3 before Reading won't he?

He can speak English, he's experienced, maybe the players need to know when he tends to come for the ball rather than stay, but it can't take that long to figure out. The guy is good. There's a reason he's got to where he is.

I can see him maybe not starting against Reading, but from Lazio onwards I would expect him to be playing as our first choice number 1.

He will get 3 before Reading won't he?

He can speak English, he's experienced, maybe the players need to know when he tends to come for the ball rather than stay, but it can't take that long to figure out. The guy is good. There's a reason he's got to where he is.

I can see him maybe not starting against Reading, but from Lazio onwards I would expect him to be playing as our first choice number 1.

I think that starting him this weekend would put unnecessary pressure on him and the team. Far better to give him time to work with the coaches and his team mates, settle in and then let him have his debut in a game that he has had a chance to properly prepare for.

I think that you underestimate the amount of preparation that is done for a game if you think that three days training from a standing start is enough.

I think that starting him this weekend would put unnecessary pressure on him and the team. Far better to give him time to work with the coaches and his team mates, settle in and then let him have his debut in a game that he has had a chance to properly prepare for.

I think that you underestimate the amount of preparation that is done for a game if you think that three days training from a standing start is enough.

Just go out there and fudgein' run round a bit...

He's been playing for France, he isn't a 19 year old kid, he's not De Gea, and I really don't think he would need too much time to adapt. He's an experienced professional with many international caps and Champions League games behind him, and he would be able to play at Reading. I can see why he wouldn't start that, but if he didn't take the no.1 spot from him by Lazio I'd be stunned.

Believe me I don't underestimate how much prep is needed for games, but I think people are seriously under-estimating Lloris. They don't realise what we have. And on pressure, it goes either way to be honest. If we don't start Lloris and lose, question marks will be on AVB and the team as to why we weren't starting our top class keeper we've just spent 12 million on.

Anything but a decent win will raise questions and not just about the keepers. It's the nature of the situation we're in at the moment.

Anything but a decent win will raise questions and not just about the keepers. It's the nature of the situation we're in at the moment.

I agree.

Goalkeeper is a completely different position to any other on the pitch. Throwing Lloris in under prepared risks not only putting more pressure on him but also his team mates and the manager.

If ever a game called for keeping it simple and playing to your strengths, it is this one.

Speaking of making stories up - courtesy of Spooky

http://www.dearmrlevy.com/dml/2012/9/4/the-diary-of-a-tabloid-sports-hack.html

The diary of a tabloid sports hack

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 11:03AM

7am Wake up. Fancy breakfast. Check fridge, there's bacon but no eggs. Ask the missus, she says she forgot to pick some up.

'SALMONELLA SCARE LAYS WASTE TO FRY UP'- Wife unavailable for comment

9am On way to work. Running late. Signal failures. Reading book on tube, woman opposite looks up and glances at me for a moment.

'SEX FIEND PESTERS TUBE PASSENGER' - I was violated says man who was jumped on by nymph

10:25am At work. Need a cup of coffee to wake me up. Bloke in front of me in work kitchen is hogging the kettle. Looks like he's had one too many coffees already. He's wired up, won't stop talking. What a pr*ck, he almost tripped over trying to barge past me.

'MAN GOES MENTAL AFTER BRAZILIAN MARCHING POWDER BINGE' - Then collapses in heap

11:22am At the Spurs training ground. Need to write up a match preview. Waiting for Andre Villas-Boas to arrive for a quick chat for a pre-arranged meeting.

11:23am Still waiting for Villas-Boas to arrive. Sitting in the press room waiting.

11:24am Still waiting.

11:25am No sign of him yet.

11:26am I can see Bale walking to his car from the window, he's on his mobile talking. There's Andre, he's just waved to Bale and he's heading my way.

11:27am Andre has arrived.

11:37am Making notes. Andre tells me that Gareth Bale has a cold and might not be available for the game this weekend. Someone interrupts us and says Andre is required elsewhere. He shakes my hand and tells me if I need anything more to give him a ring.

11:45am I leave the Spurs training ground. Need to write everything up for publication.

1:35pm Article live on website and going out in evenings edition of newspaper.

'GARETH BALE STORMS OUT OF SPURS TRAINING GROUND AFTER MASSIVE BUST UP WITH VILLAS-BOAS'

Under-fire Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas was involved in a sensational fight with Welsh winger Gareth Bale which saw the not so special Portuguese coach kick the player out of training and send him home. He then let slip that he was dropping Tottenham's star player from Saturday's game as punishment. Bale has been a revelation since Harry Redknapp nurtured his raw talents and reinvented him as a left-sided midfielder but it appears there's no room for him in the new regime.

Struggling Villas-Boas unleashed hell when the two clashed in the training ground car park, punches were thrown, and Bale looked to leave under a stormy cloud, speaking to his agent on his mobile, possibly to arrange emergency talks with chairman Daniel Levy about a quick exit. Real Madrid are rumoured to be looking at him with a possible move pencilled in for next summer but the January transfer window might allow for an earlier escape.

It then went from bad to worse for Villas-Boas who failed to turn up on time for a press interview and was abrupt and rude, storming out in a fit of petulant rage still fuming from the fight.

New signing Hugo Lloris was unavailable for comment but Didier Deschamps said, "Boas is a monster and although I have no evidence, I think he gave birth to Godzilla and we all know the damage that's caused down the years"

2:34pm Finished work. Down the pub. Hoping to score a gram or two.

I suppose the troubles AVB had at Chelsea were an invention of the press too

To be fair, for outfield players YES. But goalkeepers train separately most of he time anyway. They have a job which is to deal with what is thrown at them. Maybe a little work needed on distribution style etc.

What does this comment have to do with the topic of discussion?

a reply to this

Speaking of making stories up - courtesy of Spooky

The diary of a tabloid sports hack

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 11:03AM

7am Wake up. Fancy breakfast. Check fridge, there's bacon but no eggs. Ask the missus, she says she forgot to pick some up.

'SALMONELLA SCARE LAYS WASTE TO FRY UP'- Wife unavailable for comment

9am On way to work. Running late. Signal failures. Reading book on tube, woman opposite looks up and glances at me for a moment.

'SEX FIEND PESTERS TUBE PASSENGER' - I was violated says man who was jumped on by nymph

10:25am At work. Need a cup of coffee to wake me up. Bloke in front of me in work kitchen is hogging the kettle. Looks like he's had one too many coffees already. He's wired up, won't stop talking. What a pr*ck, he almost tripped over trying to barge past me.

'MAN GOES MENTAL AFTER BRAZILIAN MARCHING POWDER BINGE' - Then collapses in heap

11:22am At the Spurs training ground. Need to write up a match preview. Waiting for Andre Villas-Boas to arrive for a quick chat for a pre-arranged meeting.

11:23am Still waiting for Villas-Boas to arrive. Sitting in the press room waiting.

11:24am Still waiting.

11:25am No sign of him yet.

11:26am I can see Bale walking to his car from the window, he's on his mobile talking. There's Andre, he's just waved to Bale and he's heading my way.

11:27am Andre has arrived.

11:37am Making notes. Andre tells me that Gareth Bale has a cold and might not be available for the game this weekend. Someone interrupts us and says Andre is required elsewhere. He shakes my hand and tells me if I need anything more to give him a ring.

11:45am I leave the Spurs training ground. Need to write everything up for publication.

1:35pm Article live on website and going out in evenings edition of newspaper.

'GARETH BALE STORMS OUT OF SPURS TRAINING GROUND AFTER MASSIVE BUST UP WITH VILLAS-BOAS'

Under-fire Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas was involved in a sensational fight with Welsh winger Gareth Bale which saw the not so special Portuguese coach kick the player out of training and send him home. He then let slip that he was dropping Tottenham's star player from Saturday's game as punishment. Bale has been a revelation since Harry Redknapp nurtured his raw talents and reinvented him as a left-sided midfielder but it appears there's no room for him in the new regime.

Struggling Villas-Boas unleashed hell when the two clashed in the training ground car park, punches were thrown, and Bale looked to leave under a stormy cloud, speaking to his agent on his mobile, possibly to arrange emergency talks with chairman Daniel Levy about a quick exit. Real Madrid are rumoured to be looking at him with a possible move pencilled in for next summer but the January transfer window might allow for an earlier escape.

It then went from bad to worse for Villas-Boas who failed to turn up on time for a press interview and was abrupt and rude, storming out in a fit of petulant rage still fuming from the fight.

New signing Hugo Lloris was unavailable for comment but Didier Deschamps said, "Boas is a monster and although I have no evidence, I think he gave birth to Godzilla and we all know the damage that's caused down the years"

2:34pm Finished work. Down the pub. Hoping to score a gram or two.

But that's relevant to the Lloris comments and the general media flimflam of being on our bench against Norwich, etc.

You on the other hand, seem to have thrown in a rather unecessary dig towards our manager relating to his time at Chelsea.

The 2 are unrelated for me

But that's relevant to the Lloris comments and the general media flimflam of being on our bench against Norwich, etc.

You on the other hand, seem to have thrown in a rather unecessary dig towards our manager relating to his time at Chelsea.

The 2 are unrelated for me

i see a connection, but if you dont then fair enough

Back