• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

I love the guy. Didnt know too much of him before he came but he is everything I wanted - quick, commanding, brave, safe, good hands and a good looking chap

He is regarded as one of the best in the world with Casillas, and Neuer. This is just the start. I understand people didnt know how good he was, but he is up there if not the best.

Few people that I know actually realise just how good he is, well that refers to all the fans of other teams. They are all surprised when I tell them how good he is, I wonder when they'll wake up to the reality.

The thing that suprises me about him is his ability in the air...he looks like he should be one of those De Gea types [especially with that new haircut he had yesterday], but he's exactly the sort of keeper you want for 'West Ham away'.

You cant put players in uncompromising situations and then blame them. You mitigate the possibility of those situations arising you dont cause them then go 'I didnt touch the ball last' or 'I didnt fudging foul him'.

You cant put players in uncompromising situations and then blame them. You mitigate the possibility of those situations arising you dont cause them then go 'I didnt touch the ball last' or 'I didnt fudging foul him'.

You can blame him.

His decision making was off. Not the fact he came to sweep, that was fine. He even got there ahead of Downing, also perfectly fine.

That he didn't just stick his laces through it and attempted what looked like a pass to Bae was the issue.

I am very tempted to start a "Lloris-what does he do?" thread. All through the game he was lumping the ball forward and we were losing possesssion. (Too many ssssss?)

You can blame him.

His decision making was off. Not the fact he came to sweep, that was fine. He even got there ahead of Downing, also perfectly fine.

That he didn't just stick his laces through it and attempted what looked like a pass to Bae was the issue.

You can't blame him - maybe he should have put his laces through it but it bounced at such an awkward height.

So your point being - you can blame Lloris for not putting his foot through it... Oh what about walker? If he put his foot through it we wouldn't even be discussing this. That's my point. You can't suggest Lloris is to blame because he didn't do exactly what walker didn't do which put us in that compromising situation to begin with.

Ps - don't think many keepers will have even got to the ball that walker played.

You can't blame him - maybe he should have put his laces through it but it bounced at such an awkward height.

So your point being - you can blame Lloris for not putting his foot through it... Oh what about walker? If he put his foot through it we wouldn't even be discussing this. That's my point. You can't suggest Lloris is to blame because he didn't do exactly what walker didn't do which put us in that compromising situation to begin with.

Ps - don't think many keepers will have even got to the ball that walker played.

Surely the blame is across both players?

If you decide to come out for the ball, you have to get to it. Otherwise, you're out of the game. In that sense, his decision making was off. This is Stewart Downing we're talking about, his chances of scoring if Lloris had stayed on his line would have been small. Of course he should have come out but its just a shame he fluffed his clearance.

Obviously Walker should never be playing that ball in the first place.

Surely the blame is across both players?

If you decide to come out for the ball, you have to get to it. Otherwise, you're out of the game. In that sense, his decision making was off. This is Stewart Downing we're talking about, his chances of scoring if Lloris had stayed on his line would have been small. Of course he should have come out but its just a shame he fluffed his clearance.

Obviously Walker should never be playing that ball in the first place.

Fairly good summary. Lloris is partly to blame for the goal. His decision making was poor. The way he plays, law of averages, he was bound to be caught at some stage. I still wouldn't change him because countless times over the last few months that same style has saved us from conceding. He is the best keeper in the league IMO and one of the best signings of the season. There is no fool proof method of playing though. The law of averages will catch any style/method out at some stage. Yesterday Lloris was caught out.

It is interesting though that Walker has gotten so much abuse for yesterday and Lloris has gotten so little when they were both at fault.

Fairly good summary. Lloris is partly to blame for the goal. His decision making was poor. The way he plays, law of averages, he was bound to be caught at some stage. I still wouldn't change him because countless times over the last few months that same style has saved us from conceding. He is the best keeper in the league IMO and one of the best signings of the season. There is no fool proof method of playing though. The law of averages will catch any style/method out at some stage. Yesterday Lloris was caught out.

It is interesting though that Walker has gotten so much abuse for yesterday and Lloris has gotten so little when they were both at fault.

Oh for sure. I was shocked we got Lloris tbh, I thought he'd go to a CL regular and think he is one of, if not the ,best keeper in the prem. I wouldn't change a thing about the way he plays because over a season, he'll save us far more points than he'll ever cost us. Again , just a shame that yesterday his decision making was off by a second.

But then again, next week, he'll probably save an almost certain goal by doing the exact same thing and hoofing it away which is why he's so useful.

I blame Walker for the bad pass yes, but the pass in itself wasn't enough to give up a goal. Oddly i am in the Lloris thread, so i am for some reason not discussing the Walker issue.

To not blame Lloris for what is a clear error would be silly. I agree with those above, if you play a sweeper keeper he will be caught out at times. However it will be making the wrong choice to come for the ball that is the issue, that he got to the ball before downing showed that he was right to come out. I commend him for that. The failed clearance at that stage however lays squarely on Lloris.

If we're going to take your Walker/Lloris idea then no player is ever at fault for a goal because the player before him could have solved it. Load of crap. Walker made a mistake. Lloris also made a mistake.

I think Lloris has been immense recently. That doesn't mean we should cover it up when he does eventually make a mistake. It's the first mistake i can remember that directly led to a goal from him. If he can get by the entire season only making one of them, then he will have had a great season.

Last edited:
I blame Walker for the bad pass yes, but the pass in itself wasn't enough to give up a goal. Oddly i am in the Lloris thread, so i am for some reason not discussing the Walker issue.

To not blame Lloris for what is a clear error would be silly. I agree with those above, if you play a sweeper keeper he will be caught out at times. However it will be making the wrong choice to come for the ball that is the issue, that he got to the ball before downing showed that he was right to come out. I commend him for that. The failed clearance at that stage however lays squarely on Lloris.

If we're going to take your Walker/Lloris idea then no player is ever at fault for a goal because the player before him could have solved it. Load of crap. Walker made a mistake. Lloris also made a mistake.

I think Lloris has been immense recently. That doesn't mean we should cover it up when he does eventually make a mistake. It's the first mistake i can remember that directly led to a goal from him. If he can get by the entire season only making one of them, then he will have had a great season.

BIB sums it up. The fact Walker made a mistake before him doesn't excuse Lloris' error. Otherwise, goalkeepers would almost never be to blame for goals.

Agree with this.

Don't think Walker is massively to blame as his pass back was wayward but it was going wide - it wasn't a certain goal. We've been due to concede a goal like that for a while given the high-risk strategy with the high-line and relying on the GK to bail us out.

Back