• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Top, top keeper. Was desperate for us to get him last summer as the price being quoted made it look like an absoute steal and when you compare what UTd paid for De Gea, we got Lloris for about half price

Someone mentioned it before as well that he could also be captaincy-material. Similar to Vertonghen and Kaboul if you ask me. All decent teams have a few captains in the side so nice to see us developing some leadership after lacking any for years.

Not an adjective you'd normally hear in Britain, but here in the wilds of Canada my son piped up with an apt phrase for Lloris' 94th minute monster swat out:

"He bear-clawed that ball."

The man's a beast.

:lol: Excellent

I didn't understand the need to replace Friedel in the summer as I thought he was well worth another season after last year. I also doubted Lloris after I watched him in the Euros. I was 100% wrong. This guy is the real deal, he's calm under pressure, good shot stopper, great at claiming crosses and coming through traffic and the icing on the cake is his ability to sweep behind the defence. Yes a few of us were sceptical about this need earlier in the season but its all coming together now and I can see why we got him and what we're trying to do. A through-ball has to be absolutely spot on to beat this fella, if its slightly over-paced he's all over it. Magnificent.

Had an absolutely superb game yesterday. When he palmed away their last cross of the game it just summed up his performance for me... He dominated his box and was letting nothing come near the sticks. Was very unlucky for the goal as it took a deflection.

Everyone mentions Vertonghen or Dembele as our best summer signings but for me its Lloris.

Imo Lloris is the best keeper in the prem, I still dont understand why other clubs did not try to buy him.

That was part of the reasons why it was so important to make the deal happen when we did, even if Friedel had a year left in him. Like Arcy said, most the top clubs had starters they were happy with at the time. Come the summer we might see Arsenal, United and Liverpool look for new goalkeepers just in the PL. Abroad Barca might be in the market for a new goalie at least, possibly some other big clubs around Europe.

Top goalkeepers are notoriously difficult to find and sign, if we thought he was a top goalkeeper and the price was reasonable then it was a must buy.

Has he, or have you (and others) just started to see the affect his play has on the team? Because he's been rushing out clearing danger, coming for crosses and basically bossing his 30 yard area each game he plays. The spotlight on his early performances were a joke and every slight thing was used to say he wasn't world class just because some on here dared to suggest that we'd bought a world class keeper!

I have seen far less errors. I perhaps spoke a little too soon.

He was great today, but there was the possibility of a major fudge up when he lost the ball in our area. Fortunately there were no Arsenal players around. He was also clearly annoyed at himself for it, which is a good sign.

He's superb.
So decisive and quick off his line.
Ferguson must be kicking himself he didn't go for him a year or so ago - he was heavily linked with Hugo then.
Ditto Chavski must rue not signing him to take over from Cech.
Champions League quality keeper, no question. Seems to get on well with the other lads.
I just hope AVB plays Hugo from now on in the UEFA. Don't buy into playing second string keeper. Likelihood of injury is slight so its just to keep 2nd choice keeper happy. Imagine if we ended up going out due to a mistake made by Brad. No place for sentiment. Hugo's number one, so play him.

A Superb player..... a transfer that really was under the radar - we were not that enthusiastic as we wanted a striker.

THIS COULD BE ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT SIGNINGS FOR US IN RECENT HISTORY.

every top team needs a top goalie - always has done.

great performance in the derby - check.
match winning save at 2-1 down against west ham - check.
match winning save against Saudi Sportswashing Machine's ameobi last minute 2-1 up - check.

WE HAVE LORIS HE IS AWESOME AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sczcesny anyone???????????????

A Superb player..... a transfer that really was under the radar - we were not that enthusiastic as we wanted a striker.

THIS COULD BE ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT SIGNINGS FOR US IN RECENT HISTORY.

every top team needs a top goalie - always has done.

great performance in the derby - check.
match winning save at 2-1 down against west ham - check.
match winning save against Saudi Sportswashing Machine's ameobi last minute 2-1 up - check.

WE HAVE LORIS HE IS AWESOME AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sczcesny anyone???????????????

I think there's a very decent chance that if the goalkeepers had been swapped yesterday we wouldn't have won.

Not saying Lloris would save those on on ones every time, but I do think he would have made it a lot harder for Bale and Lennon than Sczxczaxcny managed. Also I don't think S<insert rest of name here>ny would have dealt as well with their crosses in general and would have flapped at quite a few.

I've said it before, but Hugo fills me with a lot of confidence.

I just love it when watching a game on TV and the opposition play a pass over/through our defense with space for the attacker to run on to and you get that sick feeling and then out of NOWHERE it seems, Super Hugo suddenly appears to intercept it. Love it!

I just love it when watching a game on TV and the opposition play a pass over/through our defense with space for the attacker to run on to and you get that sick feeling and then out of NOWHERE it seems, Super Hugo suddenly appears to intercept it. Love it!

Heh, I've actually come to expect it at this point.

"Surely Hugo will be there, surely, yes of course he is" :) don't panic.

That was part of the reasons why it was so important to make the deal happen when we did, even if Friedel had a year left in him. Like Arcy said, most the top clubs had starters they were happy with at the time. Come the summer we might see Arsenal, United and Liverpool look for new goalkeepers just in the PL. Abroad Barca might be in the market for a new goalie at least, possibly some other big clubs around Europe.

Top goalkeepers are notoriously difficult to find and sign, if we thought he was a top goalkeeper and the price was reasonable then it was a must buy.

Definately our gain, hes so good at coming out for crosses as well, a rarity in the modern game, in fact I would say that Lloris and Bale are our two world class players.

I can't remember the last time someone had a rant about our keeper flapping at crosses. Good times. :)

He's the best keeper in the league. I too questioned the need to go for a keeper when we had other needs, I also didn't want AVB to throw him in straight away, but I was wrong. He's up there with Neuer and Buffon as the best in the world. Anything on the edge of the box, he's all over it. His quickness is impressive too. From what I know about him, he's quite intelligent guy and comes from a privileged background.

Courtois is another keeper I really like, can't believe Chelsea are letting Atletico Madrid have him on loan.

Back