• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How do you rank English clubs in size

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
After the talk in the takeover thread about villa after a mind numbing conversation with a colleague i thought I would rank clubs in England.

1 Liverpool
2 Man u
3 Arsenal
4 Chelsea
5 Emirates Marketing Project
6 Spurs
7 Everton
8 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
9 West ham
10 Villa

After the talk in the takeover thread about villa after a mind numbing conversation with a colleague i thought I would rank clubs in England.

1 Liverpool
2 Man u
3 Arsenal
4 Chelsea
6 Spurs
7 Everton
9 West ham
10 Villa
I try not to get into this argument/discussion because the ranking is completely subjective and agenda driven. I support and love Tottenham whether they are the biggest club in the country or the 90th biggest club.

1 Liverpool
2 Man u
3 Arsenal
4 Chelsea
6 Spurs
7 Everton
9 West ham
10 Villa

I'd have villa between Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, but other than that I'd broadly agree.

1 Liverpool
2 Man u
3 Arsenal
4 Chelsea
6 Spurs
7 Everton
9 West ham
10 Villa
Biggest right now, in the PL era or all time? I think you could feasibly argue City are the biggest club now, while we would probably rank above both them and Chelski if you go back a 100 years or so.

Depends on the criteria as well, of course. Trophies, playing style, fan base, global appeal, innovation, notable players, stadium, etc.

There will never be any kind of broad concensus about such a ranking, but I'd agree about the top three clubs tbf.

Over the premier league term, and it’s media pull that determines ‘size’.

Liverpool = United
-
Arsenal
Chelsea = City
Villa = Spurs = Everton = Saudi Sportswashing Machine = Leeds
-
West Ham and Leicester and the like

Last edited:
I try not to get into this argument/discussion because the ranking is completely subjective and agenda driven. I support and love Tottenham whether they are the biggest club in the country or the 90th biggest club.
I get what your saying.

Just a bit of fun. My sons at university, the wife is at some weird church lent course. I'm here chatting brick with you lot haha

Couldn't give a toss about who's "the biggest club". What is that anyway?

I'd rank them by how fat their supporters are.

Couldn't give a toss about who's "the biggest club". What is that anyway?

I'd rank them by how fat their supporters are.
Now that I'm interested in.
Surely Saudi Sportswashing Machine win that though? Just poor enough to consider Greggs a meal out, just rich enough to afford a steak bake, sausage roll and a can of coke. Add a donut if youre on a date.

Sunderland and Middlesbrough it's bake or sausage roll.

(Right, that's my southern ignorance box ticked for the day. I'm off for a nice craft ale to celebrate.)

Back