• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hipsters

I'm from Hackney originally and i cant believe how these lot have taken over the last couple of years.

I'm 20 and believe me, there's still many of my generation who can't stand all this crap either!!

These glasses that people don't actually need are just strange. Who ever started that is an absolute twunt. Perhaps even the definition of it.

Then there's those hats which say "batman" or have those spinning things on them....

I advise you to look at this article, a freind of mine posted it and I very much agreed.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/anatomy-of-a-new-modern-douchebag

Oh, and I also don't understand how these hipsters think they are against gentrification and consumerism when they embody every single aspect of both!

I'm 20 and believe me, there's still many of my generation who can't stand all this crap either!!

These glasses that people don't actually need are just strange. Who ever started that is an absolute twunt. Perhaps even the definition of it.

Then there's those hats which say "batman" or have those spinning things on them....

I advise you to look at this article, a freind of mine posted it and I very much agreed.

Oh, and I also don't understand how these hipsters think they are against gentrification and consumerism when they embody every single aspect of both!

Good read that article enjoyed that and it's so true.

Just catching up with the American douchebag. Same traits, same look.

isn't that article about the opposite of the 'hipster' - the muscle clad macaron who spends all his time in the Gym or talking about Gym?

the guy who wrote the article is a stereotypical hipster iirc

hipsters.jpg

Way to rebel against conformism and be different from everyone else.

I work in Shoreditch. I have grown a big beard. I sometimes rock stonewashed skinny red denim. I have tattoos. I was galavanting in The Groucho last night. I drink red wine.

Am I a hipster? (I already know I'm a **** so don't come back with that retort!)

But most importantly, does it matter?? Absolutely harmless 'type' of people. Let them reign, rather more hipsters than some of the chav ****s that roam London.

I work in Shoreditch. I have grown a big beard. I sometimes rock stonewashed skinny red denim. I have tattoos. I was galavanting in The Groucho last night. I drink red wine.

Am I a hipster? (I already know I'm a **** so don't come back with that retort!)

But most importantly, does it matter?? Absolutely harmless 'type' of people. Let them reign, rather more hipsters than some of the chav ****s that roam London.

You see I think that last paragraph is the problem. Many people see hipsters as what would be chavs trying to take themselves a little upmarket.

Especially those untucked shirts with the top button done up - that's straight out of the 1990s pastel-coloured Ralph Lauren playbook.

You see I think that last paragraph is the problem. Many people see hipsters as what would be chavs trying to take themselves a little upmarket.

Especially those untucked shirts with the top button done up - that's straight out of the 1990s pastel-coloured Ralph Lauren playbook.

Oh my word. I remember that look in the 90's and remember being vilified for rocking up to nights out with a G'n'R tee and ripped jeans (ironically, probably a fashionable look now...) Personally, the 'hipster' type people I know are very middle-class-trying to be-alternative types. Definitely not chavs. Those types are more in line with the article that was posted above!

I think hipsters are more confused than Scooby Doo.

- Say every sentence like its a question "Mate, sick party, I'm gonna go home nooow????
- New and different but copy the new romantics
- Are always trying to toe the line when talking about their backgroundd "Mate I'm not like Red Cross opressing riiiiich????? but then like I'm not like sleeping under a viaduct poor y'know?" (parents blatantly millionaires) Although most kids do that tbf.
- Are the moral compose of the World and will do a better job than the UN but don't want any f'ing responsibility with their actions speaking alarmingly louder than their words.

How do you drown a hipster?

In the mainstream.

(My 10yr old daughter told me that one!)

Bloody hell, for a 10 year old to know what a hipster is and what mainstream means she must have some brains - may have some hope yet!!

isn't that article about the opposite of the 'hipster' - the muscle clad macaron who spends all his time in the Gym or talking about Gym?

the guy who wrote the article is a stereotypical hipster iirc

I wouldn't say so Bill, I'd say these Maori tattoo's and stupid haircuts are a way of a hipster trying to make themselves standout. They go to the gym to make themselves look hench enough to stand out, they get the tatoo's in the hope no one will have the exact same design and they get the ridiculous haircuts in hope that no one else would be stupid enough to get the same design.

I'd say, whether they like it or not they are hipsters.

I won't lie, I have a single tattoo but won't get anymore as far as I'm concerned now. I also went to the gym, which was partly to impress the ladies, but mainly to recover a broken arm and build some muscle round the plate and wire in it so that I can actually carry my shopping with two hands! Since then and starting uni I have met my good friend alcohol and my nemesis who I call "skint". Skint and alcohol have collaborated together to make it so I avoid going to the gym, and have a nice beer belly formilating instead!

But seriously, there's a lot of people my age flexing their muscles in 'selfies' and doing this ridiculous 'neknomination' thing in order to show how unique they are, even if their displayment of uniqueness is what random foods, condiments and beverages they can down in one. I honestly see little difference between the 'muscle clad macaron' and the hipster.

Bloody hell, for a 10 year old to know what a hipster is and what mainstream means she must have some brains - may have some hope yet!!

I wouldn't say so Bill, I'd say these Maori tattoo's and stupid haircuts are a way of a hipster trying to make themselves standout. They go to the gym to make themselves look hench enough to stand out, they get the tatoo's in the hope no one will have the exact same design and they get the ridiculous haircuts in hope that no one else would be stupid enough to get the same design.

I'd say, whether they like it or not they are hipsters.

I won't lie, I have a single tattoo but won't get anymore as far as I'm concerned now. I also went to the gym, which was partly to impress the ladies, but mainly to recover a broken arm and build some muscle round the plate and wire in it so that I can actually carry my shopping with two hands! Since then and starting uni I have met my good friend alcohol and my nemesis who I call "skint". Skint and alcohol have collaborated together to make it so I avoid going to the gym, and have a nice beer belly formilating instead!

But seriously, there's a lot of people my age flexing their muscles in 'selfies' and doing this ridiculous 'neknomination' thing in order to show how unique they are, even if their displayment of uniqueness is what random foods, condiments and beverages they can down in one. I honestly see little difference between the 'muscle clad macaron' and the hipster.

I don't think a hipster would have maori tattoos, muscles and be into neknomination, i think you've got it totally wrong there. Think more skinny everything, body, clothes and the tattoos would be more artistic, as for neknomination i doubt they'd go there.....

Does it really matter though, they want to look a certain way, so what......????? i used to be a rude boy/Mod when i was young, then it was all about being a casual/dresser, then onto baggy for acid house, then back to Mod again and finally settling onto my own style which is mainly everything being slim/well cut/well tailored. But i've always thought and felt like i looked the ********, i've always been into clothes, music and going out, isn't that whats important, feeling good about yourself, taking pride in your appearance.

I personally think the people on the link look like chavs, but i don't let it bother me, they look happy so who cares.

Scara, your a man of taste, you like the nicer things in life..... think back though when you were in your teens, early 20's you probably followed trends and wore what you might now think would look ridiculous on you. At the end of the day though isn't it better that they are into a style, won't they as they get older start wearing more quality labels, better tailoring etc?

I'd rather my kids become hipsters than chav's or even worse someone who just shops at Next/M&S etc because they don't care. My daughters 13 and she's into Jack Wills, Hollister, Abercrombie etc, it costs me a small fortune but she looks great when she goes out, which reflects on me, i'm sure her being interested in style/fashion now will mean she'll always dress well.

Scara, your a man of taste, you like the nicer things in life..... think back though when you were in your teens, early 20's you probably followed trends and wore what you might now think would look ridiculous on you. At the end of the day though isn't it better that they are into a style, won't they as they get older start wearing more quality labels, better tailoring etc?

I'd rather my kids become hipsters than chav's or even worse someone who just shops at Next/M&S etc because they don't care. My daughters 13 and she's into Jack Wills, Hollister, Abercrombie etc, it costs me a small fortune but she looks great when she goes out, which reflects on me, i'm sure her being interested in style/fashion now will mean she'll always dress well.

I don't think I ever wore clothes that were the norm though. All I see is the whole "looking like everyone else in an attempt to not look like everyone else" problem. Whilst hipsters may have had a slightly different look to start with, that look has very quickly become mainstream.

Good for you with your kids though - my parent didn't/couldn't do that with me and it took a long time for me to discover the value of good clothing.

Back