• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

What's wrong on here? Winks has a nasty injury and no posts? Shame on you lot of ragged sociopaths! :mad:I hope it's not a bad injury.

What's wrong on here? Winks has a nasty injury and no posts? Shame on you lot of ragged sociopaths! :mad:I hope it's not a bad injury.

Well, he was given oxygen, stretchered off and then taken to hospital....so anything better than season over is a great result. In fact, perhaps even being back for the start og pre-season training is an ok result

Well, he was given oxygen, stretchered off and then taken to hospital....so anything better than season over is a great result. In fact, perhaps even being back for the start og pre-season training is an ok result

Yep, unfortunately. Poor guy. Looked horrible. I'd be very, very surprised if he played again this season. Looked bad. :( Hopefully it isn't!

Yep, unfortunately. Poor guy. Looked horrible. I'd be very, very surprised if he played again this season. Looked bad. :( Hopefully it isn't!

Only consolation is that a say 5 month injury now means he'd only miss up to 11 games.....get that on the first day of the season and you probably miss 30 games including cups

On Sky Ireland they were saying the medical staff didn't think it was a break or dislocation, but possibly damaged ligaments. Gone to hospital for x-rays.

On Sky Ireland they were saying the medical staff didn't think it was a break or dislocation, but possibly damaged ligaments. Gone to hospital for x-rays.
That would be a bit odd - looked to me like he kicked the guys knees with his ankle, so I assumed some sort of fracture in his ankle. It wasn't a typical "ligament damage" kind of challenge e.g. putting your weight on your leg when your knee/ankle goes the wrong way.

It wasn't a very good challenge from Winks, but obviously a real shame he hurt himself.

He's been superb coming on as a sub to help us retain possession. Quick crisp passing when teams are tiring. Not sure he's ready to start games regularly, but a loss for Poch never the less. He provided something different in the middle. Lets hope its a nasty bang, without a serious injury.

He's been superb coming on as a sub to help us retain possession. Quick crisp passing when teams are tiring. Not sure he's ready to start games regularly, but a loss for Poch never the less. He provided something different in the middle. Lets hope its a nasty bang, without a serious injury.
Just watched it on Sky, looks like he bangs his ankle awkwardly into a large icebox in the Burnley technical area. Now what I want to know is how the fudge is that allowed? Burnley should be made to pay full costs for every game Winks misses, the fudging half-wits.

Last edited:
Just watched it on Sky, looks like he bangs his ankle awkwardly into a large icebox in the Burnley technical area. Now what I want to know is how the fudge is that allowed? Burnley should be made to pay full costs for every game Winks misses, the fudging half-wits.
Winks kicks the big nosed left back in the knees and is immediately injured, he hops and spins trying to keep weight off his injured ankle, before he hits the ice box etc

Winks kicks the big nosed left back in the knees and is immediately injured, he hops and spins trying to keep weight off his injured ankle, before he hits the ice box etc
Yeah just watched it again from another angle, looks like it was the awkward way he caught Ward's thigh as he went in for the tackle that did the main damage. But then his momentum plus the fact he cannot break his run because he's already hurt his ankle means he's unable to stop himself from clattering heavily into the ice boxes and stuff. Still a fudging stupid place to site the boxes, why not shift them further back out of the way?

Idiots.

Last edited:
Pity about the injury. Hope he comes back better. Also hope that Dembele mentors and points out how to make him stronger.

What a stupid comment. Some random facial expression is meant to signify the length of Wink's absence? And they are able to diagnose it there and then?!?

No one is saying any thing about length of absence, but a reaction like that to what the club doctor/physio is telling them has some significance. If they just shrugged there shoulders and carried on like normal then you could presume one thing, but to react in that way would make me think of it being a nasty injury.

Back