• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

They have a new term in rugby now called the finishers.... the players who come on to help you finish the game

Winks for us right now does that job with aplomb

He comes on and controls the tempo of the game in a manner that unsuak for a player with his relative inexperience

They have a new term in rugby now called the finishers.... the players who come on to help you finish the game

He comes on and controls the tempo of the game in a manner that unsuak for a player with his relative inexperience

GHod I hate that term so much....

But he is the perfect sub at the moment.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he is in the next England squad

He comes on and controls the tempo of the game in a manner that unsuak for a player with his relative inexperience[/QUOTE]

So true. He looks so assured whoever he plays and is definitely growing in confidence. Despite his inexperience I have no qualms to see him in either a starting 11 or coming on later to help shore up a game.

GHod I hate that term so much....

But he is the perfect sub at the moment.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he is in the next England squad

Thats a good shout. Considering how early wheelchair got in the England squad and all the hype around him, it shouldnt be a surprise if Winks gets a call up soon

He's a very clever player. It's something that's so invaluable especially in midfield and I don't think you can pick it up.

He's a very clever player. It's something that's so invaluable especially in midfield and I don't think you can pick it up.
Agreed; knowing what to do in any situation is so very important.

Dembele looks absolutely fantastic as he glides around bullying other players off the ball and shimmies left, but since he never scores and never assists, *all* he is there to do is win the ball, break the press and give it to someone that can attack better than he does. Winks is a VERY different player to Dembele but might turn out to be more effective, in a much quieter way. He was only on for 20 mins today, but got a very neat assist.

Back