• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

At least Dembele could drive forward with the ball before laying off a sideways pass but this is turgid... needs more from CMF than just safe ball retention against dross that come to park the bus at WHL...

B638A2E8-965E-44CD-B643-0C5F15333683.png

What are people expecting from him?

He's not Luka or Iniesta.

He's not gonna play defensive splitting pass after pass. He's a Dier replacement. He's a bit better on the ball than Dier.

He's not an attacking midfielder.

He plays the same as Busquets at Barcelona. He's a pivot. He gets the ball and passes it on hoping to pivot an attack from one side of the pitch to the other where they is now more space. That means sideways passes.

He's not gonna play defensive splitting pass after pass. He's a Dier replacement. He's a bit better on the ball than Dier.

He plays the same as Busquets at Barcelona. He's a pivot. He gets the ball and passes it on hoping to pivot an attack from one side of the pitch to the other where they is now more space. That means sideways passes.

Busquets passing range is ridiculous. People only think it was bad cause he played next to Xavi and Iniesta. Today Winks was playing passes the centre backs could have played.

I'm a fan of his but he's some way of the standard he's set for himself with previous performances.

Busquets passing range is ridiculous. People only think it was bad cause he played next to Xavi and Iniesta. Today Winks was playing passes the centre backs could have played.

I'm a fan of his but he's some way of the standard he's set for himself with previous performances.

Exactly, I expect what we saw from him when he broke into the team.

It can’t be ignored that more experienced heads have also been fudging useless though.

You do him no favours even mentioning Busquets in your post. They are not comparable in quality at all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

You do him no favours even mentioning Busquets in your post. They are not comparable in quality at all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I'm not saying he is anything like the same quality. But plays the same way. Does the same role.

For some reason people expect Winks to be an attacking creative player because he is white and small and judge him on those expectations.

Similar to how they view Sissoko as a DM because of how he looks even though Poch usually plays him as an attacking role in a 3 man midfield.

I'm not saying he is anything like the same quality. But plays the same way. Does the same role.

For some reason people expect Winks to be an attacking creative player because he is white and small and judge him on those expectations.

Similar to how they view Sissoko as a DM because of how he looks even though Poch usually plays him as an attacking role in a 3 man midfield.

Mate, it doesn't matter if he is a CM or a DM or whatever .. he does not get the ball forward enough, I'm not asking for him to be Eriksen, I'm asking for him to understand he has 3 of the best forwards (two with a lot of pace) in the PL in front of him. Get the fudging ball and get it to them before the opposition can stroll back into formation and park the bus again … This isn't a creativity issue, it's tempo issue, he's playing like a 17 year old on his debut that his only goal is to not fudge it up ...

Gets it of KWP, passes it to Rose, gets it back off Rose, passes it to KWP, gets it back, passes it to Sanchez, gets it off Sanchez passes to KWP......

Gets it of KWP, passes it to Rose, gets it back off Rose, passes it to KWP, gets it back, passes it to Sanchez, gets it off Sanchez passes to KWP......
gets it off KWP, passes it to Rose, gets it back off Rose, passes it to KWP, gets it back, passes it to Sanchez, gets it off Sanchez passes to KWP, gets it off KWP, passes it to Rose, gets it back off Rose, passes it to KWP, gets it back, passes it to Sanchez, gets it off Sanchez passes to KWP, gets it off KWP, passes it to Rose, gets it back off Rose, passes it to KWP, gets it back, passes it to Sanchez, gets it off Sanchez passes to KWP, gets it off KWP, passes it to Rose, gets it back off Rose, passes it to KWP, gets it back, passes it to Sanchez, gets it off Sanchez passes to KWP, gets it off KWP, passes it to Rose, gets it back off Rose, passes it to KWP, gets it back, passes it to Sanchez, gets it off Sanchez passes to KWP, gets it off KWP, passes it to Rose, gets it back off Rose, passes it to KWP, gets it back, passes it to Sanchez, gets it off Sanchez passes to KWP, gets it off KWP, passes it to Rose, gets it back off Rose, passes it to KWP, gets it back, passes it to Sanchez, gets it off Sanchez passes to KWP, eats his own shin pads, gets it off KWP, passes it to Rose, gets it back off Rose, passes it to KWP, gets it back, passes it to Sanchez, gets it off Sanchez passes to KWP,

Sissoko was much better than most of our midfield today. Put two chances on a plate for our forwards. Winks and Ndombele have both had shaky starts.

True
Doesn’t mean he is one of our best 2 their though
You need a complimentary pair
I think winks may work better with NDombele and being out the best in him

I’d like to see him play with NDombele and no Sissoko first and foremost

Don’t see that happening any time soon midn

Why should it make a difference. It's not as if Winks depends on the service of others for his game. The only thing N'Dombele can do is to take the ball off his feet from 5 yards away and then do something constructive with it - something today's Winks seems unable to do.

I understand that an academy graduate gets some slack but the excuses for his ineffective play is mind boggling...

gets it off KWP, passes it to Rose, gets it back off Rose, passes it to KWP, gets it back, passes it to Sanchez, gets it off Sanchez passes to KWP, gets it off KWP, passes it to Rose, gets it back off Rose, passes it to KWP, gets it back, passes it to Sanchez, gets it off Sanchez passes to KWP, gets it off KWP, passes it to Rose, gets it back off Rose, passes it to KWP, gets it back, passes it to Sanchez, gets it off Sanchez passes to KWP, gets it off KWP, passes it to Rose, gets it back off Rose, passes it to KWP, gets it back, passes it to Sanchez, gets it off Sanchez passes to KWP, gets it off KWP, passes it to Rose, gets it back off Rose, passes it to KWP, gets it back, passes it to Sanchez, gets it off Sanchez passes to KWP, gets it off KWP, passes it to Rose, gets it back off Rose, passes it to KWP, gets it back, passes it to Sanchez, gets it off Sanchez passes to KWP, gets it off KWP, passes it to Rose, gets it back off Rose, passes it to KWP, gets it back, passes it to Sanchez, gets it off Sanchez passes to KWP, eats his own shin pads, gets it off KWP, passes it to Rose, gets it back off Rose, passes it to KWP, gets it back, passes it to Sanchez, gets it off Sanchez passes to KWP,

Why should it make a difference. It's not as if Winks depends on the service of others for his game. The only thing N'Dombele can do is to take the ball off his feet from 5 yards away and then do something constructive with it - something today's Winks seems unable to do.

I understand that an academy graduate gets some slack but the excuses for his ineffective play is mind boggling...

It’s not an excuse.
He hasn’t had a game yet with NDombele and I believe their a complimentary pairing.

Where is the excuse?

It’s not an excuse.
He hasn’t had a game yet with NDombele and I believe their a complimentary pairing.

Where is the excuse?

OK - let's try something different...

Considering that Winks is supposed to be the metronome of the team, from whom our plays starts, please can you explain what difference N'Dombele would do to his game? It's not as if the Frenchman will attract opponents to him and leave Winks free, because he is already free more often than not as our deepest midfielder. Especially against teams that park the bus like Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Will the presence of N'Dombele suddenly provide Winks with Iniesta like vision or Modric like urgency? Of course it won't - that can only come from the player himself! The only benefit of N'Dombele is that he could possibly start doing what Winks should be doing himself.

But then the solution would not be N'Dombele with Winks but N'Dombele instead of Winks.

Back