• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
So basically

- he was always going to take the England job. (shocker there)

- he made sure everyone knew about it at the time though

- now that is hasn't happened - he's rediscovered his love for Spurs and club management.

- if he is so concerened about Levy and is former mom - why bother with that interview at the golf course last week at all? He knew exactly the kind of spin-off it would generate in the sensationalist supremacist media

- automatically shift responsibilty/accountability away from himself/the England distraction during the 'blip' by attributing everything to 'bad luck'. Yes, Arry - bad luck started the tourist Kranjcar at right wing ahead of Lennon in a 4-4-fudging 2 at the Emirates. Or insisted on playing Bale as a roaming ghost or better yet right wing. Relying on Bayern Munich to win isn't back luck - it means we couldn't do our job properly and had to rely on external factors - the equivalent of playing lotto and hoping to win in order to pay our monthly mortgage. Of course accepting that would mean acknowledging some responsibility for the clusterfudge of a 3 months so no hope in that.

Whatever Levy plans on doing - I sincerely hope it reaches conclusion in the next couple of weeks or else risk derailling our entire transfer window and pre-season with this constant self-centered flimflam yet again.

doesn't really matter does it?

He will be pilloried by certain posters, no matter what he says.

The Harry - Lineker chat suggests that there is no 'rift' between Harry and Levy.

But if you were Levy, you would have make contingency plans for Harry departing. That would make sense, though as no formal approach from the FA was forthcoming, seeking alternative managers would have become less pressing for Levy. Its possible that Levy had/ has someone lined up.

What will happen is that Levy will give Harry an extension to his contract, with a break clause at the end of this season imo.

if he did leave Spurs this summer, who else in the Premier League would want him??? Chelsea for a year until Guardiola finishes his holiday? apart from that i dont see many clubs taking a chance on Redknapp

There's not much he said wrong in his BBC chat really. He sounded more genuine, made me like him again.

Although there was still the scratch of the neck when asked if the speculation affected Spurs. He denied it, but that body language suggested that he really thought otherwise. I'm sure he probably feels quite guilty about it, but it was a tough situation for everyone to be put in.

We have no way of know whether Lennon had a reaction to those 10-15 mins. He had a persistent injury in the second half of the season and my guess is that Redknapp was trying to manage his recovery. Lennon is a key member of the team and I cannot remember a time when Redknapp has dropped a fit Lennon for tactical reasons.

Then he should not have been on the bench.

So basically

- he was always going to take the England job. (shocker there)

- he made sure everyone knew about it at the time though

- now that is hasn't happened - he's rediscovered his love for Spurs and club management.

- if he is so concerened about Levy and is former mom - why bother with that interview at the golf course last week at all? He knew exactly the kind of spin-off it would generate in the sensationalist supremacist media

- automatically shift responsibilty/accountability away from himself/the England distraction during the 'blip' by attributing everything to 'bad luck'. Yes, Arry - bad luck started the tourist Kranjcar at right wing ahead of Lennon in a 4-4-fudging 2 at the Emirates. Or insisted on playing Bale as a roaming ghost or better yet right wing. Relying on Bayern Munich to win isn't back luck - it means we couldn't do our job properly and had to rely on external factors - the equivalent of playing lotto and hoping to win in order to pay our monthly mortgage. Of course accepting that would mean acknowledging some responsibility for the clusterfudge of a 3 months so no hope in that.

Whatever Levy plans on doing - I sincerely hope it reaches conclusion in the next couple of weeks or else risk derailling our entire transfer window and pre-season with this constant self-centered flimflam yet again.

Its been a while since I have come into a redknapp discussion to call people idiots, but this post has brought me back.

I dont really have much else to say apart from its a brick post. Its not like I can say anything to change your mind if you are that limited in your thinking that you think we didnt do our job because Chelsea won the CL and finished 6th... i mean ffs its hardly a scenario anyone was worried about at the start, middle or even end of the season (as beating Barca and BM still looked unlikely). If what happened to us this season isnt considered unlucky, then I dont know what is.

And do you really think you have countered Harry's bad luck theory by saying Lennon should have started at the emirates ? For a start it probably would have made little difference, but surely you know that Harry isnt talking about a loss away to Arsenal when he says bad luck ? he is talking about the millions of other things we can point to, from dodgy ref decisions to dominating play and failing to score with 20+ shots on goal.

I know some people are trying to turn the rest of us against Harry, but using minor irrelevant points is not going to work. Most people arent that stupid to take these points and forget everything else.

Oh and for the people who keep saying we have the 3rd best squad so underachieved, I really doubt Chelsea would take any of our players apart from Mod and Bale. Our first team is up there (but squad is not), but our first team is only up there because of the way Redknapp has them playing. No one thought our players were THAT good until HR came along and got the best out of them. No one has rated BAE, Lennon, Mod, Bale, Kaboul etc as highly under previous managers. So when the idiot group start spouting about how good our squad is, its only because HR is a good manager that you think we have a good squad.

Its been a while since I have come into a redknapp discussion to call people idiots, but this post has brought me back.

I dont really have much else to say apart from its a brick post. Its not like I can say anything to change your mind if you are that limited in your thinking that you think we didnt do our job because Chelsea won the CL and finished 6th... i mean ffs its hardly a scenario anyone was worried about at the start, middle or even end of the season (as beating Barca and BM still looked unlikely). If what happened to us this season isnt considered unlucky, then I dont know what is.

And do you really think you have countered Harry's bad luck theory by saying Lennon should have started at the emirates ? For a start it probably would have made little difference, but surely you know that Harry isnt talking about a loss away to Arsenal when he says bad luck ? he is talking about the millions of other things we can point to, from dodgy ref decisions to dominating play and failing to score with 20+ shots on goal.

I know some people are trying to turn the rest of us against Harry, but using minor irrelevant points is not going to work. Most people arent that stupid to take these points and forget everything else.

Oh and for the people who keep saying we have the 3rd best squad so underachieved, I really doubt Chelsea would take any of our players apart from Mod and Bale. Our first team is up there (but squad is not), but our first team is only up there because of the way Redknapp has them playing. No one thought our players were THAT good until HR came along and got the best out of them. No one has rated BAE, Lennon, Mod, Bale, Kaboul etc as highly under previous managers. So when the idiot group start spouting about how good our squad is, its only because HR is a good manager that you think we have a good squad.

I want to marry you and have your babies

(fudge, I can't wait to hear the reply. You have now entered into a debate with the Black Knight)

[video=youtube;dhRUe-gz690]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRUe-gz690[/video]

Last edited:

=D>=D>=D>

Redknapp 'close to the end' at Spurs... and Emirates Marketing Project could offer escape route

By Bob Cass
PUBLISHED: 22:01 GMT, 9 June 2012 | UPDATED: 01:32 GMT, 11 June 2012

Harry Redknapp is close to parting company with Tottenham and could leave before the end of the month.

The position of the manager, who again guided Spurs to fourth place in the Premier League, is becoming increasingly uncertain as problems relating to a new contract come to a head.

Redknapp has only a year left on his current deal and wants a longer-term commitment, but he has been left uneasy by the clubÔÇÖs reluctance to offer it.

article-0-12D56B5F000005DC-884_233x423.jpg
Heading for the exit? Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp

Instead of preparing to lead his country out against France tomorrow, as most expected Redknapp would two months ago, he will watch from the sidelines and is thought to be open to the idea of a pay-off from Tottenham.
Redknapp, despite public denials, has an uneasy relationship with his club chairman Daniel Levy. That has come about partly as a result of the manager being heavily linked with the England job.

Redknapp said: ÔÇÿI have a year left on my contract. IÔÇÖll sit down with Daniel when the time is right.ÔÇÖ

Redknapp was unhappy that the club appeared to put an unrealistic ?ú10million compensation price on his head in case the FA made an approach.

SpursÔÇÖ failure to renew RedknappÔÇÖs contract after the appointment of Roy Hodgson as England boss then led him to fear his position was not as secure as he had thought. That brought an escalation in the tension between him and the club and the situation will have to be resolved before the start of next season at the latest.

With regard to the England job Redknapp added: ÔÇÿI was never approached. I would have taken it, though.ÔÇÖ

article-2157012-0B7EE9F400000578-123_468x292.jpg
High point: Redknapp guided Spurs to a Champions League quarter-final defeat at the hands of Real Madrid in 2011

Spurs fans must be perplexed about the situation as the man responsible for taking the team from Premier League relegation trouble into the Champions League quarter-finals and the top four in England are on the brink of splitting.

The club only missed out on nextÔÇÖs season premier European club competition because of ChelseaÔÇÖs success in winning the trophy.

If Redknapp leaves, he could find a lucrative escape route in the Middle East. The former West Ham and Portsmouth boss was targeted by Dubai-based outfit Al Ahli two years ago and the more fashionable Abu Dhabi club Al Jazira, owned by Emirates Marketing Project supremo Sheik Mansour, are currently without a manager.

Nonsense. From about February to May we certainly weren't peppering oppositions goalkeepers; we were struggling to manufacture a single chance. Hence why we didn't score an away goal for about 2 and a half months. Secondly, every single team in the league has decisions go against them - not just bloody tottenham. We also didn't dominate teams during 'that period'. You didn't watch the same same Spurs team as me.

I wont bother dragging up the reasons that have been circulated a million times as to why some people (me included) think Harry should go, but I would like to ask what gives you the right to start labelling people idoits? Who the hell are you that your opinion is more worthy than others?

The inability to discuss opposing views shows all the intellect of a wet lettuce im afraid, and it is certainly telling that Mick Cooper wants to have your babies.

I'm sure your's and mick's offspring will grow up to be foul mouthed ignorant little twerps.

Nonsense. From about February to May we certainly weren't peppering oppositions goalkeepers; we were struggling to manufacture a single chance. Hence why we didn't score an away goal for about 2 and a half months. Secondly, every single team in the league has decisions go against them - not just bloody tottenham. We also didn't dominate teams during 'that period'. You didn't watch the same same Spurs team as me.

I wont bother dragging up the reasons that have been circulated a million times as to why some people (me included) think Harry should go, but I would like to ask what gives you the right to start labelling people idoits? Who the hell are you that your opinion is more worthy than others?

The inability to discuss opposing views shows all the intellect of a wet lettuce im afraid, and it is certainly telling that Mick Cooper wants to have your babies.

I'm sure your's and mick's offspring will grow up to be foul mouthed ignorant little twerps.

We definitely had more bad luck than most other teams. Every table I've seen that shows what it would have been like if every decision was correct has us clear in 3rd. Every team can point to bad luck, but we defintely had a disproportionate about against us last season.

And there were plenty of times we did dominate games but didn't get the luck or the break. Teams were happy to show no ambition whatsoever against us and started scoring with their only attempts.

All I would disagree on was that we didn't have a better squad than Chelsea last year. A lot of positions it's very close, but I'd take our team from last year. They lacked width, creativity, and a consistent striker. In any case, if the England speculation never happened I'm confident we would have sailed into 3rd, so the point is largely irrelevant.

Back