• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/hotshot-harry-kane-wants-stay-5115316

Harry Kane wants to stay at Tottenham for the rest of his career.

The 21-year-old striker, already on 20 goals this season, wants to be seen as a one-club man in the mould of Spurs legend Ledley King, and Premier League greats Ryan Giggs and Steven Gerrard.

Kane has this week been rewarded by his club with a new five-and-a-half year deal to stay at White Hart Lane. He intends to stay beyond that.

Speaking ahead of today's north London derby against Ar5ena1, he said: "You look at players like Ledley King, Ryan Giggs and Steven Gerrard.

"To stay at one club at the top level the way they have shows how good they have been. It’s great for them and great for the game.

"It’s fantastic for the fans to have players who have been there for so many years."

Kane is now on course to overtake the 26 goals scored by Gareth Bale during the 2012/13 season. That haul earned the Welshman an £86million move to Real Madrid.

The Chingford-born striker, however, maintains that - unlike Bale - he wants to remain in north London.

The 21-year-old marksman said: "Tottenham are a great club on the rise. I hope we get better and I’d love to stay here for as long as possible.

"If I’m still here in 10 years, I’d be over the moon. A lot of players today, when they do well, they end up going to another club or moving abroad. It depends on the situation at the time but at the moment, I’m looking to be a Tottenham player for many years.

Spurs have lost just one of their last six and two of their last 14 matches. They currently sit just two points off the top four as their evolution under Mauricio Pochettino continues and are also in the Capital One Cup Final against Chel53a on March 1.

Kane, set for a call-up to the senior national team this year, is hoping to have lifted silverware by the time his contract expires in 2020.

He added: "I’d like to have won some trophies by then, because that’s how you’re defined as a player, as well as to be playing regularly for England."

After the Bale debacle, it is very difficult to trust any player again. Just can't see Kane turning down big clubs like Real Madrid if they want to sign him in a few years time.

After the Bale debacle, it is very difficult to trust any player again. Just can't see Kane turning down big clubs like Real Madrid if they want to sign him in a few years time.

If a few years is 4 or 5, and we're not CL qualifiers or trophy winning regulars then I couldn't blame him.

If gives us a much joy as Bale then I wouldn't begrudge him a move to a club the size of RM.

If he carries this on he will be player of the year no doubt - most probably young player too obviously

images1.jpeg

I think if Harry played regularly for England I might just start supporting them again rather than hoping they embarrass themselves at every opportunity.

the amazing thing about Harry is that he is such a nice fella.....an absolute credit to his family

so proud he is one of our own

Him and Sturridge up top with Sterling just sitting behind would be great for England. Rooney could take one of the three midfield slots where he would likely fit in well.

the amazing thing about Harry is that he is such a nice fella.....an absolute credit to his family

so proud he is one of our own

More important than almost anything else, in my opinion. You can be a great player, but it is a far more important achievement to be a great person: the former will sustain you for as long as your career runs, but it's the latter that will ensure that you impact everyone you meet in a positive way.

We have a team full of mostly good lads, and good men. Sometimes, when we're smarting after a defeat (and I certainly include myself in that description), it would perhaps be wise to remember that, and cherish it given that it's very rare in the modern game.

What more accolades can you say about our Harry.

Did you see him applauding the supporters in the four corners of the lane? He was CRYING!! Honestly crying! This man bleeds lillywhite, he is the next Alan Shearer.... and he is OURS!!!!!

Back