• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Slow and lumbering? You must expect Usain Bolt-like speed from your forwards then. He's not the fastest i'll grant you but he certainly isn't slow, just look at the closing down he did against Besiktas in the 89th minute.

He loooked slow and lumbering a couple of years ago, I think the transformation he's made in that department has a) been remarkable and b) allowed him to become the player he is now.

I think he is a positive conundrum

He does everything to a reasonable standard but coupled with his exceptional work rate it actually makes him a very good player

Since he has came in he has mixed up his perdrimances with battling qualities alongside good football technique. That's a string mix and even when his form dips if he keeps on working hard he will more than make up for the form

I'd seen a lot worse players have better reps and for careers

There are two English centre forwards currently in Lambert and Carroll that technically are inferior to Kane and even though they work hard aren't at his effort levels

Let's keep on getting behind the lad and are where It takes him

What about the part that resonates through the ears. His intelligence and patience and composure is definitely above average

What about the part that resonates through the ears. His intelligence and patience and composure is definitely above average

Agreed. Very good touch too, think he can develop into an excellent finisher.

Bit of an all rounder physically I think it could be said. Big-ish and strong, but not a Drogba or Lukaku style tank. Perhaps slow-ish, but not outright slow and certainly capable of combining a burst of pace with strength and use that to his advantage. Tall, but not some Crouch or Fazio style tower that will just win anything chucked at him. No one standout physical trait perhaps.

He loooked slow and lumbering a couple of years ago, I think the transformation he's made in that department has a) been remarkable and b) allowed him to become the player he is now.

Yeah I don't get this adage that he is slow. He doesn't have blistering pace but he certainly has the quickness to get around defenders. I have been impressed when he has shown the skill to dribble at denders with pace, really causes problems when a player can do that. He should have earned us several penalties already but referees never tend to give them.

Yeah I don't get this adage that he is slow. He doesn't have blistering pace but he certainly has the quickness to get around defenders. I have been impressed when he has shown the skill to dribble at denders with pace, really causes problems when a player can do that. He should have earned us several penalties already but referees never tend to give them.

He's not quick, but I do think he has worked at his starting speed/acceleration as vs. a couple of years ago.

His standout trait (braineclipse) is work rate/energy, not quite the same (and not comparing) but watching him come on the pitch is a similar effect to when you see Tevez come on a pitch, somehow the team work rate and energy seems to get lifted.

He's not quick, but I do think he has worked at his starting speed/acceleration as vs. a couple of years ago.

His standout trait (braineclipse) is work rate/energy, not quite the same (and not comparing) but watching him come on the pitch is a similar effect to when you see Tevez come on a pitch, somehow the team work rate and energy seems to get lifted.

Oh, I definitely agree that his work rate/energy is outstanding.

Bedford made it sound like that was his only outstanding trait whereas everything else was just to a reasonable standard. This is what I and affy disagreed with.

Oh, I definitely agree that his work rate/energy is outstanding.

Bedford made it sound like that was his only outstanding trait whereas everything else was just to a reasonable standard. This is what I and affy disagreed with.

I didn't mean it like that at all. What I me at was for me his most appealing feature is his work rate, and that's what will make him excel even when he has a dip in form

His technical skills are good but not necessarily better than other strikers.... His work rate though is exceptional so far

In some ways his slowness is a virtue. It's rare the way he is able to ride tackles and almost come to a standstill before picking out an intelligent pass.

Harry Kane is a lazy bugger!

P584_zpsaab735c8.png

L
Because you are misery who hates any youth player we have (Mason, kane, Mason, Bentelab) - I guarentee you salavated when paulinho was signed..... What do you think of him now he isn't on a hot streak like he was at the confed cup?

Of course kane is going to dip but the difference to many players on a good run, actually look at his goals....... Tonight a lovely left foot strike in box, on Sunday, a towering header, the week before a free kick, the week before that a tap in, a week before that a 25 yard shot on the run. EVERY goal is different and this shows that no matter how bad he is in the future, he is capable of much more than the average plauer and that's what will make him a very good level striker. Added to his goals he works his socks off, puts his body on the line, holds the ball up, links the play and is very intelligent in the final 3rd...... He is an excellent allround player and he will be one years down the line

Haha, a misery? No, I just don't rate them that highly. Especially mason. Why do you struggle so hard when people disagree with you? Time will tell. I'd love it if kane kept proving me wrong every game.

but what would him NOT being on fire mean necessarily? that he isnt any good?

even RvN / rooney/ van persie/ costa can go through dry spells

No, my point is him scoring goals is masking his genuine ability. Not as soon as he stops scoring I'll be using at as a moment to lynch him. I don't want to be right and sapy I told you so. It's just my opinion that he's pretty average and we're all in this golden moment because we're not having s good time of it, he's scoring goals and we think we have a future Madrid player. Let's see how the season pans out.

Yes.

He came on after townsend had a good game and called him 'complete turd' he has attacked Mason after nearly every game saying 'he's useless' so yeah he's a misery...... Also it's a forum so don't get so up tight, I'm not exactly offending the guy

Townsend is awful. Mason is average.

I'd out my only nut neither will be playing for Spurs in 2 years.

Slow and lumbering? You must expect Usain Bolt-like speed from your forwards then. He's not the fastest i'll grant you but he certainly isn't slow, just look at the closing down he did against Besiktas in the 89th minute.

But that's not speed is it?

Surely, however good people think he is, know he's really slow? Surely?

I'd been unconvinced of Kane's quality until quite recently, but I think he's coming on very well as it goes. Some of his work recently has put me in mind a bit of Teddy Sheringham, and I consider that high praise indeed.

But that's not speed is it?

Surely, however good people think he is, know he's really slow? Surely?

He's not quick, granted.

But he's certainly not really slow either. If you think he is, then you can't have been watching recent games very carefully, when he has burst past midfielders and defenders to get a shooting opportunity. And that's all he needs. He doesn't need to have Lennon or Bale type pace.

I've made it clear for a while that I rate the man in a Sheringhamesque way, but talking about speed for a moment, where he IS fast (usually!) is shooting. He doesn't dither. He gets the shot off pretty fast. Helps.

I've made it clear for a while that I rate the man in a Sheringhamesque way, but talking about speed for a moment, where he IS fast (usually!) is shooting. He doesn't dither. He gets the shot off pretty fast. Helps.

The guy is quick in thought and has the technique to be able to execute his thoughts equally as quickly. This means he has a chance of making it as a top class forward in the Sheringham/Berbatov/Rooney/Bergkamp/Yorke style mould.

Speed for those kind of players isn't needed as the time and space is bought by their quick thinking and movement

Nice to see Kane on a goal scoring run. He has already scored 12 goals in total which is only 2 goals less than Adebayor's total of 14 goals last season. But Kane does has to score more league goals. Strikers are rated more by their goals in the league. So, hope Kane will score more goals in the league.

Back