• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Of course, no doubt his figures are much worse for England, not debating that. But Id back Sterling to score an open goal from that far out whether its for England or City....

At least that way, the blame would be squarely on Sterling.

Of course not, but in a tight game when you have the momentum you always need that second goal and unfortunately he had the chance to take it. Kane in isolation is in no way responsible....

Lindgard’s chance was probably easier.

Personally I blame the loss on not coming out second half with the right mindset.

Everything was going so well, there was nothing to correct and they came out second half looking lost, with a protect the lead mentality. Southgate should have got them ready for Croatia to come back fighting, flagged up marking Modric (rather than close the CBS) and instilled some fight.

Absolutely nothing to do with Kane who missed one chance that wasn’t that easy. The pass to sterling wasn’t that simple either.

Second half Kane needed to be on the last man rather than playing in the no 10.

I think a more experienced manager would have seen that out. I disagree with Croatia being the better side, we dominated then let them back in. Inexperienced coach and side.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Personally I blame the loss on not coming out second half with the right mindset.

Everything was going so well, there was nothing to correct and they came out second half looking lost, with a protect the lead mentality. Southgate should have got them ready for Croatia to come back fighting, flagged up marking Modric (rather than close the CBS) and instilled some fight.

Absolutely nothing to do with Kane who missed one chance that wasn’t that easy. The pass to sterling wasn’t that simple either.

I think a more experienced manager would have seen that out. I disagree with Croatia being the better side, we dominated then let them back in. Inexperienced coach and side.

We have a winner!

Croatia were by far the better side after half time for various reasons.
We looked like we running in treacle for the last hour.
Modric was imperious!

He had two key chances from where he was, score or square it, he did neither and I agree if he had the result would have been a whole lot different.

Thats not to slag the bloke up its just stating what happened. Regardless of how good you are you are never exempt from criticism and Kane should have done better. The same can be said of Walker and his attempted Clearance.

He should’ve buried the chance, no doubt about it. The square ball was not really on.

Most strikers (rightly or wrongly) would not have squared it there. Has nothing to do with Kane wanting to win the golden boot and there is no comparison to a winger who hasn't scored in an England shirt for 2 years and what he would (and should) have done in the same situation.

If Maguire had found himself in the same situation, I would have expected him to square it. If Cavani or Mbappe found themselves in the same situation, I would have expected a shot as well.

Players aren't perfect and they're not robots.

The mistake was not scoring, should have lifted it.

This, it was a easy chance and 9 times out of 10 he would have put that away. Maybe he is still struggling with that injury he picked last season, however IF he is i am not sure that playing today is the best thing for Spurs.

It will be a tough start to the season for Spurs, because Kane surely needs a proper rest now. Don't expect him to be back at his best until September earliest.

Anyone else noticed how his left ankle kept buckling? On two of the ‘shots’ it seemed to give way. He took a right battering in every game he played and it would not surprise me if he was not fully fit. And I don’t think Vardy was either. Oh well, hopefully he’ll get a few weeks off and score 10 in August.

Back