• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

It was his off the ball work which so disappointed me last night. He was only half hearted in his closing down and wasn't running off the ball hardly at all. Would love to know his distance and sprint stats for last night compared to normal.

He had a spell at the top of the second-half where he was closing down, and then went quiet again. He knows it. He was unhappy with himself post-match for sure.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Probably/possibly a sacrife we had to make in order to get him in good shape for the semi final?

Maybe, i hope that is the reason and not that he has put scoring his goals over what is best for the team. I guess we have to put the faith in Poch and hope that he makes the right choice.

Yeah I agree. I think he should start on the bench versus Brighton and come on for the last 30mins or so when the opposition are beginning to tire. Play Son and maybe start Moura.

I can go along with that, lets be honest if we can not beat Brighton without Kane then we are not as good as we think we are.

It is a very tough decision for Poch. Hazza is incredible but off form and fitness. We were scoring for fun when he wasn't playing. Now we are struggling for goals again. Awful decision to make, and 'tis why I am happy to trust the manager! Of course Hazza will come good again, it is just a case of how long and when.

Maybe, i hope that is the reason and not that he has put scoring his goals over what is best for the team. I guess we have to put the faith in Poch and hope that he makes the right choice.

I can go along with that, lets be honest if we can not beat Brighton without Kane then we are not as good as we think we are.

Alas, football is not that always straight forward, a full strength Man Utd lost to WBA who are definitely going down

Truth be told I think the main problem is that because Kane is focused on the Golden Boot we could have a bit of a problem if Poch attempted to start him on the bench

Agreed but the prime problem would be that Kane is an incredible striker who has delivered so rudely for us over the past few seasons, any lack of support for this superb player would be an absolute slap in the face! We absolutely need to keep picking him, just incredibly (lucky??) to have this issue, as we didn’t in previous seasons...

This is my fear.

When you have a world class striker like Kane in your squad it's within your own interests to have them up to speed and playing well, there's not a single club in world football that would play him from the bench if he was on their books and having a poor run of games

When you have a world class striker like Kane in your squad it's within your own interests to have them up to speed and playing well, there's not a single club in world football that would play him from the bench if he was on their books and having a poor run of games[/QUOTE]

Guardiola? He benched Aguero for a brief period last season. Other than that I agree. He's the talisman for the club and has to start every game if he's anything close to 100% fit.

Kane is world class but I guess it is part of my personality, I like what I call left brain thinking. Doing things a bit differently. I would play a front 3 of Dele, Lucas, Son
Would offer a lot of pace and movement and keep the opposition on their feet.

Seems there's something more to it with Aguero and Guardiola tbf

I was with some city fans in the box and they believe their is something afoot too

They think they will after a striker as Aguero will replace a certain man leaving Atletico this summer when Griezmann goes to Barca

Agreed but the prime problem would be that Kane is an incredible striker who has delivered so rudely for us over the past few seasons, any lack of support for this superb player would be an absolute slap in the face! We absolutely need to keep picking him, just incredibly (lucky??) to have this issue, as we didn’t in previous seasons...

I do not disagree with you mate, I was just responding to someone who suggested Kane should start on the bench on Tuesday

A fully fit Kane would always start form notwithstanding, but there is the Kane on show now who frankly looks little leggy and off the pace. If it is just a dip in form/motivation/whatever then play him. It will click for him again soon, but if his fitness is not 100% then use him from the bench would be my opinion.

The golden boot is not that important in the overall scheme of things.

Last edited:
If Kane is being playing to increase his fitness and he continues to underperform as on Sunday.
Will Poch drop him?
I think he should but is he now bulletproof to being benched?

Back